Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incase Slider 1st Gen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Incase Slider 1st Gen.
    So I'm debating on getting the incase slider for my iPhone, I have the 1st Gen. and I dont really feel like spending $35+Shipping on a piece of plastic, I have looked thru all the reviews and that's really the only decent one I have seen, would anyone care to let me know how they like theirs or if you know of a similar product, thanks!
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried one on at the Apple store a while ago... as far as cases go, it seems to be one of the nicest. It does add some bulk, as all cases do. I decided not get it, and go with a Best skin ever instead. So basically if you dont mind having a little bigger phone, the incase is one of the best. If you want to keep the phone small and looking stock, go with the BSE or Invisible shield.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    I tried one on at the Apple store a while ago... as far as cases go, it seems to be one of the nicest. It does add some bulk, as all cases do. I decided not get it, and go with a Best skin ever instead. So basically if you dont mind having a little bigger phone, the incase is one of the best. If you want to keep the phone small and looking stock, go with the BSE or Invisible shield.

I've debated going bare with just a full body skin, my invisible shield is still in the box lol but Im so clumsy I drop my phones all the time and I am in need of something impact resistent, but thanks for the review!
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

Thanks

In that case, go with the incase, and get a screen protector. (I have the anti-glare from Apples store) The Screen Protector from BSE and invisible shield are a bit too rubbery for my taste. But with the case and the screen protector you should be pretty much bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by iBabe View Post
    So I'm debating on getting the incase slider for my iPhone, I have the 1st Gen. and I dont really feel like spending $35+Shipping on a piece of plastic, I have looked thru all the reviews and that's really the only decent one I have seen, would anyone care to let me know how they like theirs or if you know of a similar product, thanks!
    Have you tried these... I've had one for almost 2 years and its still going strong... its what InCase based there design on

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow those are nice I would prefer a case that has more of an open face thou, because I plan on just slapping on my invisible shield to cover the front, I appreciate the link (Im just really picky)
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msc1974 View Post
    Have you tried these... I've had one for almost 2 years and its still going strong... its what InCase based there design on
    Hmmmm thats a pretty sexy case there heh. Only prob i have with it is that i want a white case on my iphone. Those are nice tho. Nothing beats the way the white iphones look tho. Best looking phone of 2008/9 if you ask me. Oh i ordered my incase slider last night. Im hoping its here soon!
    Go Ahead. Hit the Thank button... it wont bite.

Tap Tap Revenge is Gay... That is fact.

Giggidy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok so with the incase slider I was leaning more toward the black one, but what about white doesn't it get dirty easily? I'm looking at the white cuz of all the reviews saying the finger prints show up bad on the black one and I dont want to black matte cuz I want it to be shiny, help me out with this one!
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

Thanks

Go with the white one, its not as bad for fingerprints.... and it looks better IMO. EVERYONE has a black iPhone now with the Black 3G only $200.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I used to have the white one. You can hardly tell when there are finger prints and scratches don't show up as easily as the black one.

I ended up getting rid of it the get a full body invisible shield. I accidentally drop it and kicked it across a parking lot and didn't have one scratch with the invisible shield. I think I was just really lucky the glass didn't crack but I didn't really like the extra bulk from the slider case.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

I have the black slider, and my friend has the white one. The only difference besides the look is the texture. The white one is slippery like having no case at all, but IMO looks cooler. I still have the black one due to our economy being so crappy, lol. But a white one is in my future. I just wish it wasn't so slippery and textured more like the black one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chazdrums View Post
    I have the black slider, and my friend has the white one. The only difference besides the look is the texture. The white one is slippery like having no case at all, but IMO looks cooler. I still have the black one due to our economy being so crappy, lol. But a white one is in my future. I just wish it wasn't so slippery and textured more like the black one.

Do you have the black matte one? I no incase used to make a matte finished slider case maybe thats why, just a thought? In the pics of the blk n white they seem to be the same texture, I maybe wrong, I have never held one but... I think I just might go with black thou cuz I prefer it over the 2 colors.
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

Thanks

i have both..white you cant tell the finger prints but black dose..they are both glossy finished..nice..alos have a screen protector on it..it fits nice it dont hit it or anything.
    protects good too i drop it before with the black one and held up pretty darn well from hit the cement floor no damage to my iphone im glad i had it when it fell..good buy looks good.

Last edited by pacmac; 11-22-2008 at 01:15 PM.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacmac For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

what is with todays youth that they can't spell the word DOES.

I mean I see does spelled dose all over this board.
    When I was 7 I learned how to spell and write script, right after my ABC's when I was 5-6

What gives?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    what is with todays youth that they can't spell the word DOES.

I mean I see does spelled dose all over this board.
    When I was 7 I learned how to spell and write script, right after my ABC's when I was 5-6

What gives?
    ''tpye O''
    not to flame or anything but who cares if a word gets miss spelled..so what its not a big of a deal as long they know what they mean..everyone is different..if you like to teach people on here to spell properly make a topic in the off section
    ''ill teach you to spell the word does''
    another way to get your post numbers up

Green Apple
    Thanks

HaHa thats great! We are all getting spelling lessons I agree with pacmac who gives a f*ck if something gets spelled wron...anywayz back to topic I just LOVE the look of the black on black, I cant wait to get it! Thanks so much for the pics
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

Thanks

HaHa thats great! We are all getting spelling lessons I agree with pacmac who gives a f*ck if something gets spelled wron...anywayz back to topic I just LOVE the look of the black on black, I cant wait to get it! Thanks so much for the pics
    no problems.. hopes it "DOSE" it for you
    you will love it..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacmac For This Useful Post:

iBabe (11-22-2008)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I like the black on black too....hence one of my 2g's

That case is somewhat harder to install though

Green Apple
    Thanks

OMG thats hot...what kinda case is that??? Or is it one of those replacement back covers?
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

OMG thats hot...what kinda case is that??? Or is it one of those replacement back covers?
    Thats a 16gb 2g I bought cheap cause the screen was broke and it was beat up pretty bad.

Had to replace the screen....and replaced the back casing and antenna cover also, so I went with a black back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast