+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oakley iPhone Case

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It doesn't have a fancy name and its a rather unexpected product from a optics company but its a very fine case. It's not a thin case, no its not
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up Oakley iPhone Case
    It doesn't have a fancy name and its a rather unexpected product from a optics company but its a very fine case.

It's not a thin case, no its not the Incase Slider at all. It is on par with Speck's Tough Skin in thickness however unlike Speck's this doesn't stretch and loose its tightness. It's made out of Oakley's Unobtainium rubber, which is what put them on the charts back in the day, and feels nice. Traction is good and you wont be dropping it.

Like the Tough Skin if you do put it in your pocket, unless your pockets are absolutely huge, this will pull your pockets inside out.

Its big, yes, but its also, as my friends have said, pretty much indestructible. Some people may find it ugly but I am a huge Oakley fan so this style is perfectly in my alley.

It's $30 (same price as the Tough Skin and cheaper than the Incase Slider) and well worth it if you are looking for absolute protection and the aggressive look that Oakley offers.

On a side note... you may get made fun of, like I do, but I really don't mind.

You can pick it up at Oakley's website here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oakley iPhone Case-bah7cgkkigwynjh4mzg1aqtskwfq7phiaqhpaiet.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice case, looks like it would offer good protection
    although it may be uncomfortable in your pocket
    mod edit/links removed

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks horribly beefy... is it a lint magnet as I expect it to be?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Looks horribly beefy... is it a lint magnet as I expect it to be?
    Actually no, not so much.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    rugged

Thanks

hey all, new here. i have this case and i like it a lot, coupled with the invisible shield i feel my iphone is very safe. it makes it kinda big, but it's still smaller than my old sidekick. if you're an Oakley fan like i am then it's for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello to all.
    I like the look of this case and I am an Oakley fan for life..but I own an iPod Touch 2G and would like to know if anyone has tried this with an Ipod Touch and whether it is compatible with the iPod Touch 2G..
    Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree that it looks way too beefy. I got the thing because I wanted something slim..

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Nice looking case for guys that is for sure and also looks like it really protects!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,683 Times in 5,945 Posts

Thread is like a year old, I couldn't even find the case on their web site anymore (may have missed it). Looks pretty industrial though.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Thread is like a year old, I couldn't even find the case on their web site anymore (may have missed it). Looks pretty industrial though.

Oakley IPHONE CASE V.2 | Oakley Store

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrbone For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-17-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,683 Times in 5,945 Posts

lmao, well there it is, nice job.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm... I think the style is okay, but it really makes the iPhone look like a brick. It seems way too bulky for me - I can get the same (if not better) protection from my Speck Candyshell. It wouldn't make me switch.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The case looks awesome. I think it gives good protection. Let me know more about it in details. I need to where to buy it from and it's price.
    mod/edit links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default thats a huge Bi#@!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgermy View Post
    It doesn't have a fancy name and its a rather unexpected product from a optics company but its a very fine case.

It's not a thin case, no its not the Incase Slider at all. It is on par with Speck's Tough Skin in thickness however unlike Speck's this doesn't stretch and loose its tightness. It's made out of Oakley's Unobtainium rubber, which is what put them on the charts back in the day, and feels nice. Traction is good and you wont be dropping it.

Like the Tough Skin if you do put it in your pocket, unless your pockets are absolutely huge, this will pull your pockets inside out.

Its big, yes, but its also, as my friends have said, pretty much indestructible. Some people may find it ugly but I am a huge Oakley fan so this style is perfectly in my alley.

It's $30 (same price as the Tough Skin and cheaper than the Incase Slider) and well worth it if you are looking for absolute protection and the aggressive look that Oakley offers.

On a side note... you may get made fun of, like I do, but I really don't mind.

You can pick it up at Oakley's website here
    I wouldn't be able to do much with that case. Although it looks bullet proof, not a fan. i just picked up a unique case myself from magikshroom. Yes, they sell cases. Picked up a silicone case from them and it offers great protection and looks awesome at the same time. I like to be different, so I'm a fan. They have lots of different designs, and even better they glow in the dark or under black light which i really liked.

I saw the Oakley case at a retail store, and wasn't impressed. It's crazy big, for me at least.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought a bamboo pattern case from plusthing.com - iphone cases,it's so light that doesnt make the phone to bulky to carry in pocket.I'd share my case with everyone:
    ,I like this style. Oh,2 gifts for free on plusthing.com - iphone cases