+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Review: Incase Slider for iPhone 3G (gunmetal) + Invisible Shield *Pictures*

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok guys, stop the argument about invisibleShield better or worse. I have tried all the following protections for my iPhone 3G. But at the end, my iPhone 3G is already
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok guys, stop the argument about invisibleShield better or worse. I have tried all the following protections for my iPhone 3G. But at the end, my iPhone 3G is already on my 5th or 6th replacement. I have totally lost count already. All I can tell you is if you want to keep your phone in good shape, just short out the battery of your iphone and go to Apple Store for a replacement. Do that every month so you have a new iPhone 3G every single month until your warranty ends. I didn't mean that for replacement but it turned out to be that way either dead pixels, cracks at the plastic, dust under the screen, battery not charging, crashing to apple logo of death, man iPhone 3G sucks!

Cases I have used: invisibleShield front and back, Griffin wave case, Incase slider.
    I can tell you that invisibleShield does provide good anti-scratch protection, but not against shocks. Also I don't like the texture for the touch screen, it makes it hard to scroll around espeically for playing ENIGMO, so I took it off and never apply the front for my replacements. The best solutions for anti-shock and anti-scratch are: invisibleShield for back only, Wavecase, crystal clear screen protector. NEVER combine invisibleShield with INCASE SLIDER because when you take out the iPhone 3G, the case's rubber rail will rip off your shield. Wave case on the other hand is SNAP IN, easy to manage. You need invisibleshield to protect your Bezel (Silver edge) from your case scratching it.

Who says there is no need for life time warranty, I have done the replacement for 3 times and possibly going for my 4th time due to my 5th yo 6th iPhone 3G replacement from Apple. Everytime I must need to take out the film and re-apply it. It's extremely time consuming. But once you have done it correctly, it stays for forever! So to me $24.99 is reasonable protection against scratches IF your iPhone 3G is going to be your LAST iphone 3G.

Note: invisibleShield does take scratches. Try to scratch it with something such as debris on a table by sliding your phone around. You will see hairline scratches easily. You don't even need to use knife nor sharp object to scratch it. InvisibleShield is not as tough as I thought but it is still the best on the market so far.

But my best solution? Just go to Apple store for a replacement. Plain and simple with the brand new feel everytime. Yeah I'm talking about Brand New ripping out the plastic film and re-apply all those protections I have mentioned above! It's a hazzle, but Apple has already trained me to do it smoothly from the iPhone 3G's design flaw. I think Apple should pay me all the gas and time!

Anyway I just got my NEW REPLACEMENT AGAIN!!! DAMN IT! From Apple store yesterday. Mine is 16 GB WHITE. So this time I try using a WHITE INCASE SLIDER WITHOUT ANY invisibleShield and only one crystal clear polycarbonate static film from Griffintechnology for free. There are downsides to the INCASE:
    1. Hard to take out iPhone 3G
    2. Once dust is trapped inside, you MUST need to clean them before sliding your phone back, otherwise, expect some NICE SCRATCHES.
    3. NO SIM CARD OPENING SLOT!!! Extremely inconvenient when you need to work in places that CAN'T use camera phones and need to switch to NON-Camera phones before work.

Yup, I'm done with wave case. It's scratching the silver area when I don't have invisibleShield due to that fact that I was expecting a replacement from the dead pixels, and I'm too lazy to call invisibleShield to send me a replacement just yet before another replacement from Apple.

Gunmetal incase looks cool I was thinking of getting that but since my White iPhone 3G may not look that great with a gun metal shell so ... oh well... I went for the white at the end.... Any suggestion for me? I really like INCASE Design, but that case just doesn't work together with invisible Shield.................. Not until my next replacement.
    Last edited by squarejp; 11-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what? how do you just "short out your iphone battery"??? I wanna know...

btw... i dont have the whole invisible shield... I just have the front. I know the back piece will make my iphone get stuck in the incase slider so I didnt put it on. I just have the FRONT invisible shield + incase slider
    Last edited by Neil1138; 11-15-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tokyo's Avatar
    Thanks

I have have the invisible shield and want the incase slider for the 2G iPhone, Ill give you 3 cases if anyone has one
    Last edited by Tokyo; 11-15-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks

I'm so happy your loving the case i can't wait to get mine! I got the griffin elan form for my 16gb black and it would look so much better if the case didnt destroy the back of my iphone. I was P.O.'d so i hope i love the slider as much as you!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Lets play nice boys.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil1138 View Post
    what? how do you just "short out your iphone battery"??? I wanna know...

btw... i dont have the whole invisible shield... I just have the front. I know the back piece will make my iphone get stuck in the incase slider so I didnt put it on. I just have the FRONT invisible shield + incase slider
    It was the defective cable which I guess the wire internally shorted the battery. You can try to break your USB charging cable by coiling it and compress hard on it. You will encounter charging on/off in 1 second. So it basically shorting the battery until it is depleted.

But I guess I am not going to get any replacement it's just too much trouble already.... iPhone has cool interface, but lacking flexibility and no voice command compare to Windows Mobile phones. I guess I'll just need to tolerate until the next update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Lets play nice boys.......
    Were we not playing nice?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same setup and LOVE it. Black slider and 2G screen Power support = greatness!

Thanks

I have had this case for a while and it has taken a few drops. of the 3 or four drops,the phone is still perfect and the case only has minor dents. i would definitely recommend this case to anyone who thinks they would like it

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the red one.... I really like it. The gold one was cool also..... Everyone at the Apple store here in Florida all had red ones.......

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

I also have an incase slider along with an invisible shield front...

people who complain about the orange peel, i don't understand why b/c it's only noticeable when screen is off. Great thing is, compared to power support, if any of your edges get lifted up and screwed, you can simply get a new IS from ZAGG. Yet it still gives you the same if not more protection than a power support. And who needs an anti-glare, i personally never encounter a glare problem even when i'm walking to class in the middle of the day with the sun beating down on my screen. With the 50% off zagg coupon code i supplied everyone with a few weeks ago, you were able to get a full IS for less than the cost of a power support.

IMO, i think this combo protection i have on my phone is one of the best you can get for your iphone. i wished incase made assorted matte finish colors for the 2g.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

My iPhone is a Part of Me map1978's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,214 Times in 619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phung717 View Post
    I also have an incase slider along with an invisible shield front...

people who complain about the orange peel, i don't understand why b/c it's only noticeable when screen is off. Great thing is, compared to power support, if any of your edges get lifted up and screwed, you can simply get a new IS from ZAGG. Yet it still gives you the same if not more protection than a power support. And who needs an anti-glare, i personally never encounter a glare problem even when i'm walking to class in the middle of the day with the sun beating down on my screen. With the 50% off zagg coupon code i supplied everyone with a few weeks ago, you were able to get a full IS for less than the cost of a power support.

IMO, i think this combo protection i have on my phone is one of the best you can get for your iphone. i wished incase made assorted matte finish colors for the 2g.
    I dont think the anti glare is about the glare, to me its about a much cleaner device with no fingerprints. Plus I find it a nice smooth scroll when you flick through photos, scroll web pages. It's all personal preference so it doesn't matter really.

Still debating on the gunmetal case though. It looks sick in photos but will check it out in person this week. Love the black matte though.
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

Green Apple
    Thanks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAd9hvpJ__k[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, to the guy who talked about the peeling up zagg and getting another free.

The power support uses static cling, so even after a month or two or even three of use, you want to take it off, go ahead, take it off, hell even rinse it with water, and it will stick back on. If it lifts, just put it back down.

With the zagg, you get a new one, wait for it to ship etc, with power support its a 10 second processs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just so you guys know, I made the switch to the PS Anti-glare. Its not as durable but it feels much better on the screen. I would recommend it if you like looking good but the invisible shield is still the best for protection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

got mine today same as this it is nice

Thanks

man,that's one sexy iphone

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12