+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm looking for a pair of in-ears that won't lose sound...

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I'm looking for a pair of in-ears that won't lose sound...
    (Mods: I wasnt too sure where to post this, feel free to move if igot it wrong)

Basically, I'm a huge fan of in-ear earphones, but for me, after a couple of months, they lose sound, usually in the left earpiece. This has happened to me in three of the same brand of sennheisers, v-moda vibe earphones and some expensive (80 - $160!!) shure earphones, which I had bought in july but have, predictably, stopped working now.

The only earphones I've had that this has not happened to are my old shure e2c, due to their extra thick cable. I'm finding the constant swapping of the coating that covers the earphones kinda irritating however.

So, what would you guys recommend? I think I might give the v-moda headset a try, but im not holding my hopes up.

Could it be my fault they keep breaking? I usually stuff them into my jean pocket where they subsequently get tangled up - maybe this is whats leading to the damage?

Any tips or suggestions on which pair I should buy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bose® - In-Ear Headphones - In-Ear

I have the on ear versions and they are by far the best head phones I've ever had.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro. I've had earphones from all the manufacturers you mention, and had similar issues of them fail within 3-6 months.

My super.fi 5 Pro's are going strong still after a couple of years. Pricey though. I also have knock off Sennheiser MM50's that I bought off of eBay for $15 delivered that are the daily use buds.

Not good 'wadding them up in your pocket'....The UE's always go back in their case. The MM50 knockoff's get abused with in/out of backpacks, dropped, etc.

Here's another source for research specific to Headphones, earbuds, etc.

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Powered by vBulletin

As they say on head-fi.org.....sorry about your wallet!

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had these for over a year and they work flawlesly. only $20 at wal mart.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX33B-Marshmallow-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000IS1ZZI]Amazon.com: JVC HAFX33B Marshmallow In-Ear Stereo Headphones (Black): Electronics[/ame]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    nice