Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speck toughskin review

Default Speck toughskin review
    Had it about a week off ebay, and so far it has been great. Thick corners, makes the phone feel 100 times safer and more secure in my hand. Does not cover up the camera or any other opening, and all the buytons are nicely covered , and work just as effectively as there being no case on the phone. I have kept it on without removing it, so I can't comment on if it gets stretched out, but it is one beefy skin, and I see no reason to take it off.

Design 9/10 I personally like the tough look it gives the phone
    Security 10/10, thick corners and sides, great grip, even bounces a little,lol
    Usability 9/10, all buttons work flawlessly, covers up nothing that it shouldnt.

overall 9/10, this is one great case, and i recommend it if you like a tough look, and really want to protect your 600 dollar phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

can you post some pics of the case in action?
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

heres a vid i uploaded to youtube (which iphonehacks.com decided u use ) shows me using summerboard, but also that is the tough skin case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNV-TKKudaQ

sorry for the isight shots here guys, my digital cam is not with me right now

Last edited by RonMexico; 09-04-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had one of these for my treo (3 actually) and they kept streching out with OUT any help from me. I was thinking about one of these but was worried about that. I like to use my dock and dont want to take this on and off every night or even fold it back. I was in the apple store yesterday and say a new one (cant remember who made it) that you can buy a dock piece for so that you can keep the skin on and still use the dock. any one try this one out yet?

I've had this case as well, however, I had to replace it after a week. Although it provided great shock protection, the toughskin had a loose fit on my phone allowing for lint and other particulates to build up underneath the case. The smooth silicone surface allowed for particulates to stick to the case.

i used a speck case like this for my black ipod video...it totally messed up the front of the ipod...the lint got stuck and messed up the finish. If it werent for this case my iphod would be in perfect condition, just like my iphone is WITHOUT a case since launch day!