+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola H9 headset

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey does anyone have this headset? http://store.modmyi.com/productAccessories.asp?id=12080 it looks neat.. but is it worth it?... im thinkin the Jawbone has the upper hand thus far in Headsets...any input? Jawbone: http://store.modmyi.com/productAccessories.asp?id=11476
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Motorola H9 headset
    Hey does anyone have this headset?

http://store.modmyi.com/productAccessories.asp?id=12080

it looks neat.. but is it worth it?... im thinkin the Jawbone has the upper hand thus far in Headsets...any input?

Jawbone:

http://store.modmyi.com/productAccessories.asp?id=11476

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

That Motorola one looks really cool, but everything I've heard said the Jawbone blows it out of the water.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

yeah same...cuz i need a new headset anyways.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Yah I'd go Jawbone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought one and tried it for a few days before i took it back. The docking station is nice but performance wise it was no better than my discovery 640. I'd recomend it if you rode a motorcycle and planned on talking while driving.
    Last edited by Ratamaq; 09-02-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ratamaq View Post
    I bought one and tried it for a few days before i took it back. The docking station is nice but performance wise it was no better than my discovery 640. I'd recomend it if you rode a motorcycle and planned on talking while driving.

U must be talking about the jawbone... yeah im trying to figure out what my next headset is gonna be..if you have any recommendations.. just post up!

Thanks
    the jawbone is mad uncumfterble. it works good, but it takes 2 minutes to put it on and it hurt my ear after a wHile. i returned it after a week and got the new apple one, it nice but falls out once in a wHile.

Thanks
    The Moto mini blue H9 is a very cool looking, and compact design headset. It is one of the most comfortable headsets i've used, but. DO NOT use it while driving. All the other person can here is the wind. Thats the reason I purchased it. I don't have air in my car so i have to roll the windows down and wanted something to use in the car. It sucks. but other than that is about a 8.9 rating. Battery live on the headset itself is not too bad. As long as your bring the docking station with you then it keeps it charged no problem. The call clarity is good as long as your are near the phone. By near I mean no more than 10 feet. Great desgin. I'm selling mine when call pod finishes with their dragon headset.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    U must be talking about the jawbone... yeah im trying to figure out what my next headset is gonna be..if you have any recommendations.. just post up!
    No I was talking about the H9. i haven't tried the jawbone but most of what i've read about it seems O.K.

I've personal owned 6 blue tooth headsets (7 if you count the 1st plantronics 640 that I lost.)

I don't remember each model number but it breaks down as 1 jabra, 2 motorola, and 3 plantronics.

The jabra was one of those guys that wrap around your ear and what must've been one of the first editions (this was back in early 03) so a review on it wouldn't be proper now.

the first motrola was one of those $40 gigs that sit on the side of your ear that had the old garbage moto style charger before they started using the 5 pin mini usb connector. The charger, the non-in-ear design, and the fact that it disconnected from the phone when you connected the charger turned me off to it.

the only plantronics that was a failor was the Voyager™ 510 Bluetooth® Headset. it was horrable in the wind.

The earlier model of the Plantronics Explorer™ 330 Bluetooth® Headset (mabe 320) is what my wife uses. This thing is the best low end head set i've seen, but the lack of extras the 640 has makes it not for me but perfect for my wife.

By far the best of the best is the earlier model that looks like the Plantronics Discovery™ 610 Bluetooth® Headset. the 640. the origional one came with a high quality sorage case to house all the extras which included the headset, 3 different size earbuds, a clipon dock/charger, a AAA battery adapter that snaps on the bottom of the dock/charger, and 4 adapters to accommodate common mobile phone adapters so you most likely not have to buy a new car adapter.
    I liked this headset so much that i bought a second one a year later after i lost my origional. Unfortunatly for others it no longer came with most of the extras (metal case, and 4 adapters) but it still came with the clipon dock/charger, the 3 ear buds and removable over the ear clip, and the AAA battery expantion.
    Problems i've had with it are ensuring it is docked good while charging, and the earbud coming out of the headset easily. I only wear my headset in one ear so i just super glued the earbud into the head set and the second of those two problems is solved.

The great thing about all the plantronics adapters is that they do not disconnect from the phone when charging.

I think motorola has since fixed this with their products but the one that i had (i believe the HC-820 or an earlier model that looks the same) disconnected upon charging and if you've ever owned a moto product with that older charger you know what a pain in the butt that thing was to connect.

I plan to use my $100 from steve to buy the iphone bluetooth. even though i usually have a strict rule about buying b4 i touch, and most of the reviews i've read on the thing say it sucks, since i now have a 100 bucks to blow i'll probably drop it on that. most of the problems discribed (bad static is most common) seem to be a problem with the phone it self seeing how i've connected a plantronics 640, 320, and a H9 to the phone and they all have the same static problem. if the iphone one works worse i'll defanatly post about it compaired to others, and if i come across a better one i'll post about it.

hope this helps

iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Thanks

DO NOT BUY THE H9. It is a piece of shi*. I bought when it first released. I have mid-sized ears and I had to wedge it into my ear. It was painful as well as, people could barely hear me, and I could barely hear them. There was static on both ends. And battery life is horrible, it's a pain to carry that extra charger for it. Jawbone is a great headset and has superior sound quality to the Apple Bluetooth headset; but the Apple Bluetooth headset has great sound quality and has a dock for your phone and headset. And it's less obtrusive.