+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: using my iphone with an in-dash in my car

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hi, i have a panasonic cq-vd7005u. i installed it in my truck and i'm using the PANASONIC CA-DC300U cable to connect to my iphone... now.. everytime i connect the iphone
    Thanks

Smile using my iphone with an in-dash in my car
    hi, i have a panasonic cq-vd7005u. i installed it in my truck and i'm using the PANASONIC CA-DC300U cable to connect to my iphone... now.. everytime i connect the iphone to the cable it says searching.. it starts playing a song and then it cuts off and it shows "searching" it does this through out the whole song and it wont stop.. any help here? thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just posted a thread yesterday asking about whether the dc300u would work with the iphone, havent gotten any replies. however the reason i asked is because i read a review on amazon that says its doesnt work with newer ipods.... so maybe same goes with the iphone. surprised you got some sound out of it though. check the link for the review.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CA-DC300U-iPod-Connection-Cable/dp/B000EH8S3A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=12034610 70&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Panasonic CA-DC300U iPod Connection Cable: Electronics[/ame]

Thanks

yeah i connect it and it'll play music, i noticed that what the indash does is that it searches for the information of the song and everytime it does it the music stops playing. but since it can't retrieve the information the song wont ever play right. i was doing a lil research and found out that there's an indash that will work with the iphone it's the alpine iva-w205. or thats what the website supposedly says

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-W205

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an older Alpine unit with an iPod interface adapter and that works great with my iPhone just like it did my iPod. Sound quality is great and I can take calls as well!

So if you are thinking of getting the Alpine they are highly recommended. Although they are not designed with the iPhone in mind so will display a message saying this device was not made for iPhone or something then will ask you if you want to turn on airplane mode and I select No, because I need to take calls! Very rarely get any radio interference either so that is not an issue.