+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Running Naked... and Loving It

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With all the talk of cases and screen protectors and various ways to cradle, carry or otherwise tote an Apple iPhone around, I am curious how many people are still
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneWriter's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Running Naked... and Loving It
    With all the talk of cases and screen protectors and various ways to cradle, carry or otherwise tote an Apple iPhone around, I am curious how many people are still "running naked" with their iPhone and loving it.. meaning, no ill effects or notable marks to show for it (BTW, I am in this group.)

I am also curious who might have gone from "running named" to "wearing protection" as a result of scuffs, damage or other ill-gotten markings on their (previously naked) iPhone. What scratched your iPhone? Where was it scratched?

Thanks for sharing, sorry for the puns.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

No protection and still scratch free. I have my Iphone in my pocket. The only thing that shows any scratches is the chrome other then that still looks new.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

What puns?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have used the silicone case from Speck which is fine for about a week then the silicone gets soft and crap gets between the case and the iPhone. Nowhere near worth any more than a couple of bucks but you are out 30+ if you buy it in an Apple store. In addition the belt clip thing that comes with these is not worth a turd unless you want to either loose or get your iPhone stolen. (mine was gone from my belt within a week of buying it. Thank god for AMEX buyers protection.) I switched to the leather casemate but my computer bag snagged on it and the side near the top broke. I am back to naked in the pocket. I do have a screen protector which I recommend. It is the only one sold at the Apple stores and it works a treat. I have a couple of tiny dings on the back where I dropped it on the cement once but they are near invisible. No more $30.00 phone cases for me thanks.

Thanks

I alternate between running nekkid and using a Marware Sidewinder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find MOST things are better naked.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

I'm naked.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah...i dont like about 90% of the cases...2 bulky and ugly...i like the hip cases with the magnetic clips and what not...just havent found one that i like yet..

i had a treo with the body glove case and it waz awesome...but have to wait for the iphone version or something. till then:

NEKED!

Thanks
    I'm semi naked like Dale Bozzio in a see through rain jacket.
    I use the BestSkinsEver.com sticker.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm nekkid, too but i have a clear skin thing just on the screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mine is naked also. and has been since launch. just the screen protector that i bought from the apple store (great quality and highly recommended) no dings or scratches. one miniture scuff on the crome that i noticed yesterday...but only i would ever see it cuz it is so tiny.

Green Apple
    Thanks

completely naked here. no screen protector or anything. I have noticed some weird stuff on the camera lens. Not scratches, but it looks like some kind of coating wearing off. started happening about a week after I bought it. the chrome apple on the back has a couple of scratches but the screen is perfect. I keep it in my pocket by itself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

i have tried the silicone skins (ok, very thin), hard crystal case (didn't protect from a drop) and finally settled on the best skin ever for the back and chrome coverage. I also have a crystal screen protector which they have on ebay and at the apple store. the hard crystal 2-piece case totally failed on me...i dropped it from ~12inches (getting out of the car) and the case split open and left my phone sitting nekked on the street with a few chinks in it's armor to show for the failure.

I love the best skin ever - allows me to protect the phone (and chrome) without adding any bulk. it is also very nicely slide resistant which helps when leaving the phone on non-flat surfaces
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks

It's nice to run around naked for awhile.

But, I bought this canvas case w/ a belt clip built in. Wanna say ~30.
    It's a little bulky, but it kept myPhone safe.
    I was able to walk around the entire day at Hershey Park with it on my belt.
    Roller coasters and all, safe.

I find it hard to use things that require touching right on the edge of the screen cause the case is raised from the phone.

Otherwise, I prefer protection + it adds some style w/o modding

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

naked but thinking of putting a gelskin on for looks

iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

in a never ending quest to find a case for this phone.. i have come across a case made by

*LUXMO* and its black and fits on your belt and its thin..and looks nice..

Banned
    Thanks

when i get my iphone, i buy about 3 cases for it since i always want different options to carry it and different styles for different activities. but i'm thinking i really like my iphone naked (except for a brando screen protector) and the vaja pouch case i just got works really well. plus, i have the pro-clip cradle to mount the iphone in my car on the dashboard, and taking it in and out of anything but a pouch case isn't practical. so, i think i'll pass on this i-volution case for the moment, but i'm sure i'll continue to be tempted and will probably break down and get one anyway in the next few months...

Green Apple
    Thanks

**** one of the clear acrylic cases was the thing that scratched my phone i just got invisible shield on mine for extra protection ya know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have/had that clear belkin plastic case and it got so much **** caught in there and now i have scuffs around the chrome on the edges from it.

after three days, the gunk build up was getting disgusting and id have to wipe it off and all that.

now im naked.

and loving it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    i have/had that clear belkin plastic case and it got so much **** caught in there and now i have scuffs around the chrome on the edges from it.

after three days, the gunk build up was getting disgusting and id have to wipe it off and all that.

now im naked.

and loving it.
    dude...check out the best skin ever...i know i'm sounding like a broken record, but it's the same as running nekked without having to worry about scratching or any of that. they're only 9 bucks or so with shipping...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable