+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Running Naked... and Loving It

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i ride freestyle bmx.. daily and i run naked with no problems.. even fell on the iphone nurmous times boosting out a 6 foot quater.. and wrecking.. i ABSOLUTLY LOVE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up yaaa
    i ride freestyle bmx.. daily and i run naked with no problems.. even fell on the iphone nurmous times boosting out a 6 foot quater.. and wrecking.. i ABSOLUTLY LOVE THE PHONE best 600 dollars i spent in awhile..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm really pissed!! My phonewss nearly perfect...

So I was running naked at the airport. And the stupid piece of sit security guy was moving my stuff from one tray to another and threw my phone in the other tray scratching the back!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    dude...check out the best skin ever...i know i'm sounding like a broken record, but it's the same as running nekked without having to worry about scratching or any of that. they're only 9 bucks or so with shipping...
    is that what its called? the "Best skin ever" or what haha... they didnt have that at the store where i got my phone but ill be on the lookout.

as soon as i made the above post yesterday, i dropped my phone twice. once, however, was at the foot of a gorgeous female out in about yesterday and the phone spurned a conversation in which i ended up getting in her number which will lead me to inevitably... well... ya....

still rockin... added a lil scratch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I refuse to use any case, they are just too bulky and inconvienent. Fortunately I have not scratched it yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I run naked but I find that without pockets that pants provide it's inconvenient to carry the phone around all the time.

Ohhh wait... woops yeah I just received the Marware Sportgrip (not sidewinder) because i tried the incase rubber skin case but that stretched out. The form-fitting silicone cases are the only one's i'll use for any device. I got the Sportgrip in clear and have taken it off and put it back on multiple times without stretching out like the Incase. It was also half the price and has a better grip and thicker corners. Highly recommend it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

running naked although I have sustained two itty-bitty chips on either side of the chrome finish due to constantly dropping it hahaha

Thanks

I've been naked since launch day!

iPhone still looks nice!!

Thanks

I bought the Marware Sidewinder when I got my iPhone yesterday. It came with a screen shield, which I put on. You can't even tell it's there unless you really look at the edges. That's about as close to naked as I'll go. But I can't really see messing the iPhone up by covering it.

The Sidewinder is a decent holster so far too (after one day). I think the cord wrap it stupid, but it doesn't add any bulk. As long as it doesn't break or fall apart, I'll stay pretty happy with it.

Thanks

the other day dude from work kept dissing my iPhone because of its big glass screen. He said its going to scratch easy, so i told him to give me his keys and right in front of everyone i took his house key and ran it multiple types in different directions on my screen and nothing happened and they were amazed.

but the fact is when i did it, i felt so scared that it would scratch and that had to be one of the stupidest things i have done to just go ahead and do it based on pcworld and forum posts.

I still want to get a protector.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

sjk
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the front i'm not worried (isn't the
    screen glass?). just check out pc
    world's tests (here)

i was a little worried about the
    back, but i couldnt find a good case.
    then someone at the apple store
    showed me this sweet case they just
    got and i bought it. just check out
    agent13.com. it protects the most
    scratchable part too: the chrome.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

I haven't been using a case for a while now. I go back and forth, but its just so much better without...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

arrr, i dont keep it in no case or nuthin' like that, nothin' more than a screen protector.

i did find a nice leather case at the at&t store, the blasted landlubber's talked me into it. it be a nice case, very thin, with a removable belt clip. i forget to put it back in the case after charging though, after rolling out of bed for work in the mornin'.

(happy national talk like a pirate day ^_^)
    Last edited by rianbattle; 09-19-2007 at 09:21 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

naked unless in car where i have a mount for the car...lol sounds nasty
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

What's Jailbreak? Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Thanks

Put on the Crystal Film and keep the phone in a black sock I cut and sewed at the bottom...thats about it. Used to use it for my 60G Ipod but stopped after a while, and it works for those times I have change or keys in the same pocket.

No scratches, and no drops so far (3 weeks). Can't really imagine using any of the cases I've seen so far.
    "Mark it Zero"

Walter

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey! regarding the best skin ever.. is it as good as the crystal screen? should i purchase both? thanks

Ok after talking to some people the answer is No^ if your lookin to protect the front of the iphone then no point in the BSE
    It seems you will have to give up the high gloss if you want to protect it more!
    Last edited by rodeeze; 09-24-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I run naked as well..

the chrome apple logo on the back has a lot of scratches on the top left corner.. and there's like a square scuff-like indentation on the back, i guess from where it sits on stuff?

other than that flawless.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont like any of the cases. however i use one when im going out drinking.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All the cases are either too expensive, too bulky, too ugly, or all of the above. The best thing i have found is an Iwrap. Check it out getiwrap.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

i was naked for a few months but now i have extra protection

screen protector and case, can't be to carefull, but i do go out naked every now and then lol, and i always strip down when showing it off

haha that sounds so funny

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    No protection and still scratch free. I have my Iphone in my pocket. The only thing that shows any scratches is the chrome other then that still looks new.
    Same here! I have not used a case at all for my iPhone except for review purposes. All the cases that I've tried suck!