Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone gotten the cell ranger booster?

Thanks

Default Has anyone gotten the cell ranger booster?
    Im thinking about getting one. I drive for a living and im between towns and cities all day. Anyone here have one? What do you think of it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just looking at the add in the lower left too. Looks good for on the go while driving. Someone please post a review.

I use similar fixed booster in my condo units garage. (but it's not for a moving car of course) Wireless Extenders - Home
    *edit, looks like this company makes a mobile car version now too*
    Last edited by JazJon; 08-29-2008 at 02:48 AM.

It is absolutely a good idea to get a cell ranger booster cause you see recently they have announced two new products intended to increase signal strength for cellphones or 3G data cards in fringe areas and reduce the number of dropped calls. The Cell Ranger Stix for automobiles is powered from the 12v car plug, and the Cell Ranger Port is powered through USB. The devices both work by boosting incoming signals in the 800MHz to 1900MHz range. CellRanger claims two to three extra signal bars for any cell phone or 3G data card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayad View Post
    It is absolutely a good idea to get a cell ranger booster cause you see recently they have announced two....

thanks for the unnecessary advertisement, but has any one actually tried it to see if it can do what it claims?
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

I got mine on Thursday, and it's the only reason I kept my iPhone!

It gave me an additional +25db on the 3G signal in my office.
    Now my 3G signal is a constant -83 all the time)
    Prior to this, I would usually have -109, -113, No Service on 3G

The only thing to consider is that the Range of the additional signal boost is 5-6 feet away form the USB end.
    Not a problem for me, just something to keep in mind.

Thanks

where did you order yours from? Ive seen a few sites that sell it and also on Ebay (all around the same price though)

lots of gimicks out there, i am guessing this may be another

Thanks

anyone else?

As an electrical installer I've tried pretty much ever repeater out there. Usually I do installs to improve signal in whole buildings, homes/offices etc using Wilson Electronics repeaters, which are in my opinion the best around. I've tried these Cell Rangers too, but they are a different product really. These seem to work pretty well to give you a small boost in a portable package. In my tests my iPhone gets a pretty reliable 25dB gain and data is noticeably faster.

Obviously these products aren't a viable solution for an entire office building, but they shouldn't be criticized for that. To cover a 5,000 sq ft. office my equipment costs (Wilson gear) would be around $1,300 - Around ten times as much as the Cell Ranger.

$150 for an extra 2-3 bars is decent value. Don't criticize them if you have no external signal and they can't get you signal coverage over 2,500 sq ft luxury condo. You have to pay a lot more for that.

wonder if it worked