Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: invisibleSHIELD for the iphone.

Thanks

Default invisibleSHIELD for the iphone.
    What do you think of the invisibleshield for the iphone, do you think it is worth getting one?
    Thanks

yup. The last thing you want is a cracked screen. Besides its not all that much of a pain in the *** when you considering how much it bumps around, and the possiblility of scratches. 3 people i know with a cracked/ scratched screen.

Get it... you won't regret it.

P.S. If your in Canada (i am) and the phone is not here yet. Then its an investment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to straightryder For This Useful Post:

ybotpar (02-09-2008)

Thanks

Thanks for that.

Mine is amazing. Just put the back on today. Deciding if i want to use the screen or not. I've had one on my ipod for a year now, works perfectly, plus the guarantee for life.

OK, after using it, i put the front on today. Spectacular. But also took off the back. Just ended up not liking it.
    Last edited by teufel657; 02-10-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, i have used the invisible shield for all my phones so far and it is by far the best protection around. I have the full body shield and it is well worth the money, it is the first thing you should buy when you get an expensive phone.

James
    Last edited by jameselder232; 02-12-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

zagg.com/showspecial

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wePhone For This Useful Post:

FoneWeasel (02-21-2008)

Default Dirt!
    I'll agree with the degree of protection it gives, and how it practically looks invisible, but it collects dirt on the edges of the film and it looks worse with the dirt built up. I contacted the company if theres a quick cleaning solution, and waiting for response.

I picked up an invisibleSHIELD at Macworld. When I applied the screen cover it was not wide enough to cover the entire screen glass by about 1mm on the sides. The sticker is slightly bumpy and sticky and makes swiping your finger across the screen when scrolling or surfing difficult. The coating also had vertical lines on it that were visible when using the screen. I sent it back and got a refund (still waiting for the check to show up).

I've now gone to BodyGuardz and I'm much happier with it. The coating is much better. It was easier to install, the back cover it designed much better (the invisibleSHIELD requires you stick on these little dots and crap to cover the entire thing which the BodyGuardz does not), and it's not sticky/tacky like the invisibleSHIELD. The squeegee included with the BodyGuardz works better for installation and they include 2x as much of the installation fluid. I'd recommend the BodyGuardz.

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    The sticker is slightly bumpy and sticky and makes swiping your finger across the screen when scrolling or surfing difficult.
    I actually liked that it was tacky. I often rest it on my pants and without the screen protector it would slide off my pants all the time.

The coating also had vertical lines on it that were visible when using the screen.
    Mine had this problem too but it went away for some reason. I don't get why.

It was easier to install, the back cover it designed much better (the invisibleSHIELD requires you stick on these little dots and crap to cover the entire thing which the BodyGuardz does not), and it's not sticky/tacky like the invisibleSHIELD. The squeegee included with the BodyGuardz works better for installation and they include 2x as much of the installation fluid. I'd recommend the BodyGuardz.
    I hated the stupid little dots thing as well. I got a very large bottle of the installation fluid but I think its just water. I mean it says its not harmful to eyes, to the skin, or if swallowed.

I think I may give the BodyGaurdz a try if what you say about the back is accurate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITxz1ez4gc"]YouTube - My iPhone Sticks To Glass?![/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

in my opinion u should look into bodyguardz

bodyguardz.com

i got one from there and they work very nicely and they even include vids on how to install it... look into it you wont regret it

Anyone that says Bodyguardz is better has never done a side by side comparison. The invisible shield protects your device a million times better than bodyguardz. Bodyguardz is a weak plastic compared to invisible shield.

And for the people who said bumps? toughness to scroll? C'mon please give me a break. First of all, the invisible shield has absolutely NO bumps. Its as smooth as the normal glass. (yes at a far, and I mean FAR angle the screen does appear blurry, but who cares when your eyes will be right in front of it)
    And for the "toughness of scrolling"? OMG its practically the same as glass. Yes a little grippier but as far as being TOUGH to scroll or swipe your finger? No way

Go with INVISIBLE SHIELD and I promise you wont be disappointed.
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 02-25-2008 at 10:28 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

went from Agent18 hard case to invisibleshield, i was never happier

highly recommended
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

i have one on my iphone it's the best one ive had (out of three) when they say scratch proof thats not the total truth but it's awesome everyone should get on if you like your iphone

i bought the full body shield the other day. but i also have a contour isee like this
    would my iphone still fit into the dock and my hard case with the invisibleshield on?

its cool but not for the screen its too shiny and with time it will tern to yellow color

Im not sure i have two cases one similar like that one and it doesnt fit i also have teh agent 18 one and does not fit but once you get the full body protection you dont need a case

I highly recommend you guys get the invisible shield front cover and the incase iphone hard case or agent 18.You will not regret it!

The Invisible Shield $14.95 Front Screen Protection
    -might not cover the whole sides by 1mm, but it allows incase's / agent18's case to comfortably slid on and fix that issue.
    -the invisible shield's surface might be alittle bumpy looking but when u turn ur iphone on you won't even notice it.
    -It is scratchproof beyond what I first believed but I've tested it with my eyes and a knife and this thing does not scratch!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcv3ETEQdM"]proof of invisible shields power[/ame]
    Invisible Shield Product Details

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W084SS?ie=UTF8&tag=bornhigh-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS IN=B000W084SS"]Buy it Cheap Here[/ame]

The incase slider case $34.95 or agent eco18 $29.99 Overall Protection from drops
    -must buy, it provides a way to protect your investment by thick plastic. I've dropped my phone a couple of times by accident and because of these cases there was no scratches around. Unlike cheap cases the case didn't fall apart or crack.
    -the incase case also has a slider bottom which can easily be detatched to slip on the charger docker.
    -the agent 18 is cheaper but you don't get this slide out feature but you can still charge it the traditional case.
    Agent 18 Details and Specs
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WWQJ88?ie=UTF8&tag=bornhigh-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS IN=B000WWQJ88"]Buy it Cheap [/ame]
    Incase Slider Case Details and Buy it Here
    Last edited by theelau; 02-26-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Check out my site at [ BornHigh.com ] - BayArea Social Community

Just ordered the whole body shield any only plan to use the back since i already have the screen protector that i got at apple.

I always get invisible skin from mainly BestSkinsEver (sometimes InvisibleShield if they have 50% off specials) for any of my electronics. Definitely worth the price if you like keeping your gadgets in pristine condition!
     15" Macbook Pro T8300 | 4GB RAM | 200GB
     24" iMac T7700 | 3GB RAM | 320GB
     iPhone 8GB | 2.2 | T-Mobile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast