Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incase Slider 3g

Default Incase Slider 3g
    I was wondering if anyone has the Incase Slider 3g case yet and can give a review/opinions about it. I had the original iphone slider case and loved it, but now that I have the Switcheasy Rebel im not dieing to get a new case at $35, but i love the clean lines. Anyway, any info would be great.

Thanks
    Default Incase 3g iphone Slider
    Hello I just made an account just to write this hahaha. Anyways I had the first gen iphone slider also and loved it. When I first bought the 3g iphone I was at the store for 1 hour just looking at cases and I bought and returned about 7 of them not including the time I took to return/exchange for different color version of the same case. I also went ahead and order the ivyskin case online and returned that in the same day. So finally the incase slider came out so I ran to apple and saw that there was 2 color one shiny white and the other is matte black with a rubberize feel to it. So again another hour pass and still havent left so I just bought both of them. First I tried the white one on for the first 3 days since I have white for the first gen it feels and looks really good best of them all, but when I tried to remove it I had to ply it out omg it was stuck in there. I went back to apple and complain, I open 10 more cases at the store just to see if all of them was hard to remove and yes all of them was tight, so I just returned the white case. I went home and tried the black case and it went in and out alot more smooth and I love the rubberize feel so finally after all those trips and about 11 returns and exchange I am sticking with this black slider case.
    Last edited by payluder; 08-20-2008 at 10:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to payluder For This Useful Post:

FliP76 (08-20-2008)

Thanks for the input. I am just as picky with cases and the 1st gen iphone slider case was my favorite out of many. I havent seen them pop up at my local apple store and wanted to feel the matte before I buy it, I was planning on getting the gloss black when its released but I kind of like the color of the matte, does it scratch easier or not? I also have grown to like the grippy yet smooth feel of the switcheasy rebel, can anyone give a comparison? Thanks!

Thanks
    it doesnt seem to scratch easy and doesnt have finger prints like the white and the black one does. the matte rubberize kinda match with the feel of the anti glare screen protector both a powerful protection combo for our 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by payluder View Post
    Hello I just made an account just to write this hahaha. Anyways I had the first gen iphone slider also and loved it. When I first bought the 3g iphone I was at the store for 1 hour just looking at cases and I bought and returned about 7 of them not including the time I took to return/exchange for different color version of the same case. I also went ahead and order the ivyskin case online and returned that in the same day. So finally the incase slider came out so I ran to apple and saw that there was 2 color one shiny white and the other is matte black with a rubberize feel to it. So again another hour pass and still havent left so I just bought both of them. First I tried the white one on for the first 3 days since I have white for the first gen it feels and looks really good best of them all, but when I tried to remove it I had to ply it out omg it was stuck in there. I went back to apple and complain, I open 10 more cases at the store just to see if all of them was hard to remove and yes all of them was tight, so I just returned the white case. I went home and tried the black case and it went in and out alot more smooth and I love the rubberize feel so finally after all those trips and about 11 returns and exchange I am sticking with this black slider case.
    You sound like a real pain. I would hate to work at the apple store you go into. And it's not right to try a crapload of different cases, loosening them up, and ruining them for other people that will buy them.

For case reviews, which this thread is about, your helpful. Don't go posting in the "I want something to complain about" thread because this guy will destroy you! Back to the topic of the incase slider... I have since purchased it online and will post a review when I get it.
    Last edited by FliP76; 08-22-2008 at 03:04 PM.

I have it "pare" and its tight fit perfect and grippy just like on the 1st gen!
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

I've got one on the way, but I've also got an Invisible Shield on my 3g.

Do you guys think the slider will fit on top of the invisishield, or will I have to take off the rear piece?

Thanks

There is absolutely no way it will fit with an invisible shield. it barely fits without one. alot of people complain about not being able to get it off it fits so tight. there are also two rubber strips in the back of the case that would be sliding against the back as you put it on/off. I for one LOVE this case and like the tight fit.

If the matte case is rubberized, then will it stick to your pockets when you try and take it out?!

God, I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by zoolander369 View Post
    If the matte case is rubberized, then will it stick to your pockets when you try and take it out?!

God, I hope not!
    No it does not stick to your pockets and it does not pick up lint.

I just picked one up today and have to say that this is one of the best cases avail for the 3G .

It has a nice smooth feeling to it and has a nice tight fit. I like it tight

Great, because I put my order in today

Thanks for replying.

Thanks

WOW, i must say payluder, i thought i was picky...you take the trophy on this one, but hey, what ever makes you happy. I also bought the matted black incase and i love it, love it. i remember the 1st time i tried to remove it for cleaning, oh boy, it wouldn't come off or even move (pulling it out off the case won't work). all five of my friends had the same problem removing theirs also. that tells you that we really love this case. after a few attempts, i finally figured out how to get it off easily and it works on all of my friends iphone also. ok, listen up:
    1st - remove the bottom piece off
    2nd - put both thumbs on the screen of the phone with all your other fingers on the back side and make sure home button is AWAY from you and the earhole is FACING you (kinda like if you were texting on the phone upside down)
    3rd - use your thumbs to push the phone out...hoorah! now you iphone is ready for cleaning.
    4th - clean with care and love

enjoy your new case FliP76!
    Last edited by nxovkin; 09-11-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: wording
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
    iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
    The New iPad 64GB JB
    15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
    24" Apple Display

Crap. I was just reading about the black matte cases peeling!

Is anyone's doing this?

Yup. My case is brand new, and the matte finish is peeling.

Not only that, but the inside of the case was SCRATCHING the back of my phone. I had to put a cover on the back then forcibly slide the phone in so it doesn't get scratched.

I can't wait to get another invisible sheild on my phone. Forget this incase $35 crap

I just received my incase slider (gloss white) and anti-glare screen protector from apple the other day.

First, my incase does not fit extremely tight like some others. From what I've read this was a bad batch and incase has been more than happy to make exchanges.

Second, I've removed the case @ least 10 times and it hasn't left a single scratch on my black 3g.

Hope this helps! Very good case! I didn't like it at first, I thought it was too thick but I'm getting used to it.

OK.

I've had my Black Matte case for a few days now.

It's a decent case, but it does stick to my pockets a bit, which sucks. I actually dropped it on the floor because it stuck to my pockets yet slipped from my fingers!

Also, because it uses an applied finish for the Black Matte, I think it makes it a bit thicker. The case isn't exactly slim.

It doesn't grip very well, despite the fact that it'll kinda stick to your pockets.

Overall: I'd wait for the Black Glossy if you want black or get the White. I had the black glossy for my 2g iPhone and it was hands down the best case I've ever owned.

Hope this helps

Zoo

i have the black incase slider 3g, is the white one the same material? or is it glossy and more "grippy"?
    iPhone 3G

I was wondering how much thickness this case adds to the iphone?
    thanks

It seems like a lot of people are having a load of problems with the InCase slider... from reading numerous posts both here and on other sites it seems to be down to cheap manufacturing and I for one won't be buying anything from InCase as it seems the problem is so prolific with the entire range they make.
    I went for the 'original' slider case from Core Cases and have had nothing but perfection from it... I'm on my 9 iPod/case from CoreCases and everyone has been great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast