+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orbino releases the Strada line of Leather Cases

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Check these out, Orbino releases hand-crafted, hand stitched Italian leather with lacquered edges... oh the glory. Course, they start at $99, but remember, you're the guy who just spent half
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default Orbino releases the Strada line of Leather Cases
    Check these out, Orbino releases hand-crafted, hand stitched Italian leather with lacquered edges... oh the glory. Course, they start at $99, but remember, you're the guy who just spent half a grand on a phone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...pricey...next Louis Vuitton, Prada, BabyPhat and Gucci will be in on it too. Personally, I'd like to see Harley-Davidson get into it and do one with some cool flames on it with the bar and shield on the back.
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, that is way too ugly for me to spend 100 bucks on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't like that case either

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

rather craptastic, no way worth 100 bucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default From a Strada case owner...
    I own the pebbled cordovan leather version (at $99), and I think it's rather beautiful and adds that elegant look and feel that marks a cell phone case's prerequisite trait for a true wardrobe accessory. I've received several compliments on it (a rather impressive feat considering the comparative piece of work inside the case), and the desk stand is a luxurious comfort I've utilized socially and privately to great satisfaction. While some models are audacious in look and price, the cordovan is a bit more subtle, and looks great in any occasion. It protects well, and the material is still in great condition.

On the flip side of things, the leather smell is not as potent, which is a rather superficial complaint. A bigger complaint would be the fact that the bolt screw not only protrudes a suspicious amount towards the phone (through the leather's exterior), but that it stripped before I had enough time to assess whether or not the protrusion would pose a threat to the phone's surface. The loose belt clip is only a minor aggravation to me since I wear my phone on the inside of the pocket, but would pose a potentially devastating loss for those who wear their phone on the outside, where the probability of the phone sliding out the belt clip is frightening. I am going to contact Orbino in an attempt to either replace the entire case or the bolt/belt clip mechanism and post up that series of events. Hopefully I was the victim of a rare case of faulty workmanship.

The bottom line: If you have the money, and you like looking GQ, consider this case. But be conscious of the possible workmanship problems stated above.