+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Home

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I wanted an easy way (relatively easy anyway) to play the iPhone in my home, and have the phone controls accessed from a main room. I had wired the home
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone Home
    I wanted an easy way (relatively easy anyway) to play the iPhone in my home, and have the phone controls accessed from a main room.
    I had wired the home for stereo, etc. a number of years ago, and most of the wiring was in place. The stereo/home theater stuff is in the lower level, and there are speakers in the living room. I use a remote control to switch between CD, FM, Aux (TV), and volume, etc. from the kitchen/living room.

I modified a standard iPod dock base for the iPhone, and mounted it on a wood base. I added in a ground connection from pin 11 of the dock connector, so that the iPhone will output audio and this also triggers the 'Accessory' mode of the iPhone.
    I had run a volume control and cables up the backside of this wall partioner. I opened it, and was able to fish a set of cables up from the lower level where the preamp and controls are. I connected these to the iPhone dock connector, and also incorporated a switch. This switch and relay bypasses the FM signal into the pre-amp for he iPhone output. The base also will charge the iPhone. Sound quality is excellent, form the line-out section of the iPhone. This port will also work with a dock-connector iPod.
    It works well, and I can play the iTunes section of the phone, plus the radio application of the iPhone. Also, when the phone rings, I can hear it thru the amplified output, and it plays thru the speakers in the house.

Thanks

Wow, wanna come do my house!?

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's Sweet!!!! Very creative and clean looking,i take my hat off to u on this one.

Thanks

That's very nice work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow cool idea but you can hear the call through the speakers, how do you talk back (unless bluetooth?)

Thanks

Default no 'BT" mike
    Quote Originally Posted by phil325 View Post
    wow cool idea but you can hear the call through the speakers, how do you talk back (unless bluetooth?)
    I haven't tried that, I simply pick up the phone off the cradle to answer it.