+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's the best iPhone car holder?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I just got a car and was wondering what the best iPhone car holder is? I have a reg 8gb iPhone. I found a lot of links that shows me
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default What's the best iPhone car holder?
    I just got a car and was wondering what the best iPhone car holder is? I have a reg 8gb iPhone. I found a lot of links that shows me a ton of different holders -
    Apple iPhone Car Kits - EverythingiCafe Store
    Apple iPhone > Car Kits: Most Popular - eXpansys Inc
    http://www.colordrives.com/iphone-ca...t-holders.html
    ClicOn Apple iPhone Car Holder Cradle suits 26.7mm x 9.8mm plug prices

Does anyone know if these are any good?
    http://www.appleiphonereview.com/rev...-ultimount-v2/
    http://www.colordrives.com/premium-i...nt-holder.html
    http://www.colordrives.com/windshiel...er-cradle.html

What do you recommend I get? What do you use and how well does it work? Could you possibly post some links?
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 08-12-2008 at 06:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dis1krazyazn For This Useful Post:

Veico (08-08-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would like to know as well!

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, my wife and I have this one: DealExtreme: $6.34 DPL Windshield Mount Holder for iPhone

Works fanatastic, only $6.34 shipped if you can wait 14 days or so for delivery. Just be careful though, it's too easy to just drop like $50 on this site!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by navalynt View Post
    Actually, my wife and I have this one: DealExtreme: $6.34 DPL Windshield Mount Holder for iPhone

Works fanatastic, only $6.34 shipped if you can wait 14 days or so for delivery. Just be careful though, it's too easy to just drop like $50 on this site!
    is it iphone 3g compatible? and will it work if you have a silicone case or hard case on?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

ProClip is the best. It's peach fuzz protects well as it slides in. It's very solid feeling, and can swivel too. I used one for my Treo and just ordered one for the iphone 3G. Their old one was for the iphone first gen only since it's shaped differnetly. I just got their email saying the new 3G is ready to order now. Here is a copy and paste:

TheProClip Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for the Apple iPhone 3G is now in stock and available for online ordering at ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country
    Item# 875246 - Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel
    We also expect to receive the Padded Holder (without the tilt swivel) tomorrow (August 14):
    Item # 870246 - Padded Holder

Thank you for your interest in our products and have a terrificday!
    Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service
    Toll Free: +1 800-296-3212
    Fax: +1 608-838-8949
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

the_bay_mafia (08-13-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    ProClip is the best. It's peach fuzz protects well as it slides in. It's very solid feeling, and can swivel too. I used one for my Treo and just ordered one for the iphone 3G. Their old one was for the iphone first gen only since it's shaped differnetly. I just got their email saying the new 3G is ready to order now. Here is a copy and paste:

TheProClip Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for the Apple iPhone 3G is now in stock and available for online ordering at ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country
    We also expect to receive the Padded Holder (without the tilt swivel) tomorrow (August 14):

Best Regards,

the only problem with those is you can say goodbye to landscape (horizontal) view..........

Thanks

does that holder block out the iphone speakers at all? cuz i want a holder that i can talk to people on using speaker, instead of having to get blue tooth also

Best Regards,

sorry but the 1st gen phone is the 4gb and 8gb right? 2nd gen's the 3g? what's 3rd gen then?
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 08-13-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default yes it's "with Tilt Swivel"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bay_mafia View Post
    the only problem with those is you can say goodbye to landscape (horizontal) view..........
    I think you missed part of the description, read my post again. They have two models. The one available now is "with Tilt Swivel" so you can use horizontal view. The one they talk about later is not out yet, but is also fixed vertical. You can pick either the tilt swivel model or the fixed one. I just ordered the model with Tilt Swivel. I'll post my review and take photos when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    does that holder block out the iphone speakers at all? cuz i want a holder that i can talk to people on using speaker, instead of having to get blue tooth also

sorry but the 1st gen phone is the 4gb and 8gb right? 2nd gen's the 3g? what's 3rd gen then?

1st gen iphone = 2G data (GPRS/EDGE)
    2nd gen iphone = 3G data (3G/HSDPA)

This holder keeps the bottom wide open so the speaker and mic is not blocked in any way. check out he site with the photos. (mic and speaker is on the bottom of the iphone by the way)
    Last edited by JazJon; 08-14-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think you missed part of the description, read my post again. They have two models. The one available now is "with Tilt Swivel" so you can use horizontal view. The one they talk about later is not out yet, but is also fixed vertical. You can pick either the tilt swivel model or the fixed one. I just ordered the model with Tilt Swivel. I'll post my review and take photos when I get it.

1st gen iphone = 2G data (GPRS/EDGE)
    2nd gen iphone = 3G data (3G/HSDPA)

This holder keeps the bottom wide open so the speaker and mic is not blocked in any way. check out he site with the photos. (mic and speaker is on the bottom of the iphone by the way)
    well I guess i will wait for your review but at $39.99 for the holder + $34.99 for the wehicle mount = $74.98 (not including shipping) it could get pretty pricey....i rather just pay $6.34 (INCLUDING SHIPPING) and give that one from DX a try.......plus the suction cup will work pretty much anywhere! even inside your home......i might end up getting this...I am hoping it will work with my iphone 3g in its silicone case otherwise i will be selling it

Thanks

well I guess i will wait for your review but at $39.99 for the holder + $34.99 for the wehicle mount = $74.98 (not including shipping) it could get pretty pricey....i rather just pay $6.34 (INCLUDING SHIPPING) and give that one from DX a try.......plus the suction cup will work pretty much anywhere! even inside your home......i might end up getting this...I am hoping it will work with my iphone 3g in its silicone case otherwise i will be selling it
    Here is why the proclip is a must for me

-I have a sports car. When I take off fast, the proclip is the only one that holds it into place rock solid. (total custom fit per make/model) It's very tight even when you swivel it to horizontal mode. It wont move around unless you really want it to. (I had the treo one for years)

-The peach fuzz they have grips nicely and wont scratch the phone at all

-It's compact/sleek looks the best in my car, and not like some giant nerd clip off the window like the suction cup ones. Those also dont hold very well if you drive fast or stop quickly.

You get what you pay for in this case. The suction one is only good for when you rent a car or something imo.

ProClip has holders that fit 1'st gen iphones WITH the silicon case. They should have ones for the iphone 3G in the near future as well if they are smart

Check out the review from the 1'st gen iphone proclip holder

Minireview: ProClip vehicle mount for iPhone

New ProClip Car Mounts Keep iPhone Handy | iPhonefreak

ProClip Rocks!!! @ Mobility Today

Thanks

the price for the proclip kills it for me.. plus, they dont even have a mount for my car

Thanks

The one from DX I posed about for $6.34 does not block the speakers, at all. It supposedly fits both the first and second gen iPhones (according to the customer reviews on the site) but I only have a first gen iPhone right now to test it with. I have ordered an iPhone 3G but it will probably be two weeks before I can actually pick it up from the AT&T store.

I have attached a few pictures of one of the car kits I ordered from DX. It took about two weeks to arrive with the free shipping. If you notice there's a dial right behind the iPhone holder which secures the holder in place once you have it positioned properly. This means you can have your iPhone in whatever orientation you want without have to re-suctioncup it to the window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the best iPhone car holder?-dsc01329.jpg   What's the best iPhone car holder?-dsc01330.jpg   What's the best iPhone car holder?-dsc01331.jpg  
    Last edited by navalynt; 08-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to navalynt For This Useful Post:

the_bay_mafia (08-16-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The one from DX I posed about for $6.34 does not block the speakers, at all. It supposedly fits both the first and second gen iPhones (according to the customer reviews on the site) but I only have a first gen iPhone right now to test it with. I have ordered an iPhone 3G but it will probably be two weeks before I can actually pick it up from the AT&T store.

I have attached a few pictures of one of the car kits I ordered from DX. It took about two weeks to arrive with the free shipping. If you notice there's a dial right behind the iPhone holder which secures the holder in place once you have it positioned properly. This means you can have your iPhone in whatever orientation you want without have to re-suctioncup it to the window.
    does your iphone fit with a case on it? if so what kind of case are you using hard/soft?
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->

Thanks

does your iphone fit with a case on it? if so what kind of case are you using hard/soft?
    The iPhone sits pretty snug without a case .. I'm not sure you would be able to use one. My wife uses a plastic hard-shell clear case and that will definitely not fit.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to navalynt For This Useful Post:

the_bay_mafia (08-17-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The iPhone sits pretty snug without a case .. I'm not sure you would be able to use one. My wife uses a plastic hard-shell clear case and that will definitely not fit.
    thanks looks like i won't be getting it

Thanks

o ok sweet. and it swivels right? like can go from horizontal view to vertical? it looks like it can from the pictures, but i'm just checking. i think i'll order 1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    o ok sweet. and it swivels right? like can go from horizontal view to vertical? it looks like it can from the pictures, but i'm just checking. i think i'll order 1
    do you have a 3g? if so please let me know if you get it cause i want to know if it works with a rubber case

Thanks

do you have a 3g? if so please let me know if you get it cause i want to know if it works with a rubber case
    no sorry i have the older 8gb iphone. people posted on the site that it worked with their 3g, cept i dont remember if anyone of them wrote they tried it with a rubber case or case in general

Thanks

It looks like dealextreme has a new 3G model out now

DealExtreme: $5.83 Car Windshield Holder Swivel Mount for iPhone 3G (free shipping too)
    Last edited by JazJon; 09-04-2008 at 03:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a case on my iPhone, so holders don't work very well. I carry the iPhone around in my pocket, so as I get in the car, I drop it in the pocket on the car door by the door handle. The bluetooth works through the car stereo. As I get out of the car, I simply replace it in my pocket. Works for me.
    Last edited by sherylking; 09-06-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: used the wrong word