Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REVIEW] Infinxx icombi AP23 - Bring A2DP To Your iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default [REVIEW] Infinxx icombi AP23 - Bring A2DP To Your iPhone
    OK, this is my first review I ever posted of anything, but I really feel the need to write this. As for me A2DP is a MUST when it comes to mobile music. I am very new to the iPhone community and finding out that such a small piece of hardware exist was definitely a revelation. The icombi AP23 gives you what Apple refuse to, which is wireless stereo music. Before I start my review I just want to say that I am using a jailbroken(Winpwn) 3G iPhone 2.0 along with the Moto S9 stereo headset. With the wireless freedom, this to me makes the iPhone 10 times better.

Here is a link:

http://mobile.brando.com.hk/prod_det...?prod_id=03476

The Design:
    I initially thought that having something attached to my iPhone will take away the iPhone's beauty and glory, but in reality when I am listening to music the iPhone is in my pocket anyways. Bottomline is if you were to have something sticking out of your iPhone's *** it might as well be this. It actually looks quiet nice with a small and streamline design. When plugged into your iPhone there is bluetooth symbol light that lights up when you are connected. Again, this is my personal preference and I will have this outta my iPhone's *** any day compared to a long cord sticking out of the top.

Battery Life:
    Very simple to answer this one, you don't need to charge it! It runs off your iPhone's battery. I am listening to music prior to writting this review and it has been 1hr with the battery meter still at full power. I did not do any other testing as I just received it.

How To Use It:
    1) I turned on the iPhone's bluetooth and paired my Moto S9 headset.
    2) Plugged in the icombi AP23.
    3) Say "NO" to the message that pops up.
    4) Wait a few more seconds and presto you are now jammin' with your favorite tunes A2DP style!!!

Sound Quality/Control:
    Before I answer this question I just want everyone to know that I am NOT some music connoseur that notices every single minute sound diferences. To me it sounds like I was listening with wired earphones. I haven't noticed one skip as of yet. It sounds AMAZING to me.

Watching movies and shows on this is NICE!!! There is no skips or audio/video lags. It is so nice that I get to enjoy movies wires free once again!

You can answer/end calls and also control volumes through your headset's control. When it comes to music you can play/pause, next, and previous track controls on the headset as well. You no longer have to take your iPhone out and hit the "Home" button twice to control the volume or to change tracks. It is SOO much more convenient. By using this you don't wear and tear you iPhones buttons as fast

BUGs: This is according to my experiences with A2DP
    Receiving a call:
    - Both earpiece and iPhone rings (always thought it should only be the earpiece that should ring)
    - Answer the call with the button on your headset after 3 rings or else the music plays through your listening earpiece.
    - Music does not resume play after the call ends.
    - You need to press the play button on your headset twice to paly the music again.

Making a call:
    - While music is playing you go to your phone and make a call, the music stops and then your ipod app will pop up and the music will play again.
    - You need to push pause. Then hit the green bar at the top to go back to your phone app.
    - After the call ends you need to push the play button on your headset once to play music.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but these are the problems/bugs I have noticed.
    Any help to solve these problems will be greatly appreciated.

Conclusion:
    Even though with the few minor incoming/outgoing call bugs which I feel is very easily overcome, having wireless A2DP music outweighs the little bit of problem. I will never go back to wires on my iPhone and the fact that I don't have to charge an extra piece of hardware is a bonus. Watching anime on my iphone wirelessly through the icombi AP23 is without a doubt one those things in life you can't live without. The only thing I can ask for is...Come on Apple just give us A2DP already!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed my first review...Thank you!
    Last edited by Hagow; 08-10-2008 at 03:12 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hagow For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (03-13-2009), jetpope (04-11-2009), ProjectGSX (08-15-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have a link or pictures?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Here is the link with some pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ap23-01.jpg   -ap23-02.jpg  

im sorry , the way its stickin out it could get snapped off accidently or dropped the wrong way. either breaking ur port on ur iphone or break the accessory.

and i didnt read the entire thing.. but its a bluetooth dangle..?

blutooth fails on iphone

lol i want this stuff.

i bought the icombi ap21 and i didn't encounter the problems that you stated with the ap23. my music resumes after a call and when i make a call it doesn't switch to itunes, it just makes the call, and when i'm done it resumes like normal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moto_noob For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (03-13-2009)

Thanks for the review. Ive been looking at this product.

$62 for a buggy product doesnt sound like something I am interested in.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Thanks for the review. Ive been looking at this product.

$62 for a buggy product doesnt sound like something I am interested in.
    I am actually not sure if it is the product or a software issue. I am on 2.0 iPhone 3G jailbroken. It may simply be a software issue.

I am going to try it with another BT headset. The Jabra Bt2020.

ap21 works like it should, but its uglier (i even had to buy the white one)
    i dont use it for my sony hbh-ds970 thats STILL waiting for apple to enable a2dp... cause im sure i would brak it in my pocket.

i use it for my carīs a2dp stereo. (wich has handsfree too )

also, my tests are on the 1st gen iphone (firmwares 1.1.3/4 and 2.0 / 2.0.1 )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocchiararo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    ap21 works like it should, but its uglier (i even had to buy the white one)
    i dont use it for my sony hbh-ds970 thats STILL waiting for apple to enable a2dp... cause im sure i would brak it in my pocket.

i use it for my carīs a2dp stereo. (wich has handsfree too )

also, my tests are on the 1st gen iphone (firmwares 1.1.3/4 and 2.0 / 2.0.1 )
    now i keep reading that the ap21 works better than the 23 ... is dat what you are saying with your post in reference to this mixed feelings review?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just an update:

I am now pwned to 2.0.2 and the music playing while an incoming call comes in is gone. It may have been linked to the ringer/ipod volume problem in firmware 2.0.

Just curious when you say - "3) Say "NO" to the message that pops up."
    Are you referring to the nag screen about this device is not compatible with the iPhone answer Yes/No to put device into Airplane Mode?

If this is the case, are you saying by answering No and staying in regular mode the phone works fine using the bluetooth adapter?
    I know in your review you mentioned the battery seems to hold up fine with the device attached. After using it more over the last several days are you finding it doesn't kill the battery much faster than when using a regular pair of headphones?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryInAz View Post
    Just curious when you say - "3) Say "NO" to the message that pops up."
    Are you referring to the nag screen about this device is not compatible with the iPhone answer Yes/No to put device into Airplane Mode?

If this is the case, are you saying by answering No and staying in regular mode the phone works fine using the bluetooth adapter?
    I know in your review you mentioned the battery seems to hold up fine with the device attached. After using it more over the last several days are you finding it doesn't kill the battery much faster than when using a regular pair of headphones?
    I am referring to the nag screen.

You have to turn your BT on the phone to pair it, same as you would with any other BT headset. Then plug in the adapter (nag screen shows up) say `no` and all is good. If you don`t pair it with the phone it doesn`t recognize it when a phone call comes in although you are still able to stream A2DP music. Hope that makes sense.

I gotta say, i am SO happy with this as well. This is my second Iphone, I brought these Jabra bluetooth headheads from Fry's 3 months before the 2g lunch (they were on sell) only to be let down for 2 years. I never had much use so they collected dust, i 've been researching for almost that long trying to find a solution. Finally i broke down and got these. Best 50 bucks ever spent!!! He's right the adapter is for music only but i finally got a W on my side...... My headset was made to be paired with two devices! so all i do is pair it with both the iphone and the adapter...flawless!!!!! I love this, never been more in love with my Iphone. Did i mention this thing is super small. The only that could piss me off at this point is if apple decides to add a2dp to the next software update, but if it's not for another year, well worth it. Simply put, this adapter is the s.hit!!!!!!!!

Will-Flow

18. The Following User Says Thank You to willflow For This Useful Post:

Unhappy Not working!
    I have the iphone 3g+infinxx ap23+motorola a2dp headset. The first time I used it, I was able to listen to music and answer calls. I can no longer answer calls!!! It's very annoying when I'm skiing to pull off my gear and get my phone out! When I call my phone while it's connected to my helmet, both the phone and helmet ring. I press the answer button on the helmet and the phone doesn't respond. If I press answer on my phone, the sound comes out of the phone and not the helmet.
    Pleeeease help me! This is very frustrating! Thanks in advance for help!

I just got a 3g iphone, firmware 2.2, and already had the motorola s9's, with a sony dongle to play on my ipods. It kinda frustrated me when i found out the iphone didn't have a2dp, but then i trie the dongle, and surprisingly, it worked. Like everyone else says, when the phone rings (i've only experienced the alarm so far), both the headsets and phone ring. However, it seems to drain the battery on the phone pretty quickly. Otherwise, i love the setup.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

yea I've had this set up for a while, love it except yea it drains quickly and you can't charge it while using it.

Wish you could plug your charger into the bottom of it!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Niner1000RR For This Useful Post:

Which would be the best adapter / dongle?