+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Solar Powered iPhone 3G case!

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
MobileFun is releasing a solar powered iPhone 3G charging case.(almost here) With the Apple iPhone 3G Solar Charging Case you can charge your Apple iPhone 3G when on the move.
    Thanks

Default Solar Powered iPhone 3G case!
    MobileFun is releasing a solar powered iPhone 3G charging case.(almost here)

With the Apple iPhone 3G Solar Charging Case you can charge your Apple iPhone 3G when on the move. Also your Apple iPhone 3G will be protected from getting scrathed or damaged. The Case includes a mini USB to USB cable so that you can charge other USB devices from the case. The case comes with a large high capacity 1500mAh battery, allowing you to charge from a solar source and store the power for later use.

Apple iPhone 3G Solar Charging Case Features:
    -Charge iPhone 3G using solar energy
    -Charging time for case: 3 hours approx
    -Stylish and practical carry case for your iPhone 3G
    -Flip style carry case for quick and easy access
    -Includes miniUSB cable for charging from your PC
    -Detachable swivel belt clip (removable)

Apple iPhone 3G Solar Charging Case Specifications:
    -Battery capacity: 3.7V, 1,100mAh
    -Output voltage: 5V (maximum)
    -Output current: 450mA (maximum) + solar battery 100mA (maximum)
    -Charge voltage: solar battery 6V and USB/5V DC

**sources from iclarified** iClarified - Apple News - Solar Powered iPhone 3G Charging Case

MMi ownz!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

great! the day after i order my case...

and here is a pic from the website:

Last edited by kadinh; 08-06-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

a rather ugly case... however, if they made it for the first gen iphone, i would probably pick it up...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    a rather ugly case... however, if they made it for the first gen iphone, i would probably pick it up...
    Looks like an old iPhone would fit fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome idea! Too bad I never go outside..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, I might want to get this when it comes out. If they have a version where it's black on the front as well, it might just be good enough for me.
    EDIT:
    Prices
    23.79 ex. VAT
    Last edited by Numberzz; 08-07-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

ahuge (06-16-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

very impractical... when the hell do uever leave ur phone in the car for charge? u would carry it everywhere.. cause its a mp3 player and a phone...

most of the time the iphone is in ur pocket... so no charge there.. i use a hybrid headset.. so even when i call its in my pocket... the only time its out is when i change music.. so for bout 5 seconds.. and the solar panel is when u close the lid... which is never...

wow

failed idea is fail

i rather thet the TY460 backup battery.. 4600mA.. apparently it boost ur iphone battery to bout 32h.. and its only like 36 bucks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post
    very impractical... when the hell do uever leave ur phone in the car for charge? u would carry it everywhere.. cause its a mp3 player and a phone...

most of the time the iphone is in ur pocket... so no charge there.. i use a hybrid headset.. so even when i call its in my pocket... the only time its out is when i change music.. so for bout 5 seconds.. and the solar panel is when u close the lid... which is never...

wow

failed idea is fail

i rather thet the TY460 backup battery.. 4600mA.. apparently it boost ur iphone battery to bout 32h.. and its only like 36 bucks
    If they sold it in the US, they would probably sell it without the VAT, which means it would only be about $46. And who knows, things in the US are usually a hell of a lot cheaper, so it might be as low as $40.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

replicat0r (08-07-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    If they sold it in the US, they would probably sell it without the VAT, which means it would only be about $46. And who knows, things in the US are usually a hell of a lot cheaper, so it might be as low as $40.
    lol it wasnt the matter of price. it was just very impractical n ugly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the concept, but when is a geek ever outside long enough to justify charging it solar?

Maybe create a sun app to go along with it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebootnut View Post
    I like the concept, but when is a geek ever outside long enough to justify charging it solar?

lol so true!....the only way I could see myself getting that is if i traveled allot on a public bus/train other wise the good o' cigarette power charger would work

Thanks

cool! solar power charging case
    it'd work with my vacation trip to jamaica
    yeah cool idea

kys
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yea, on the beach. Surfing on the sand, not on the sea.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebootnut View Post

i am a door to door sales man and this ISH would be great for me!! i make 3-6 k a week and my phone is important so i think this case is AWESOME!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes that is bad ***

Green Apple
    Thanks

nice idea, shame it looks terrible!

Thanks

wiat so how does it work for the iphone? does it plug into the dock? if it does, then it should work for the ipod touch too right?
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's funny how you guys are making fun of this. It's not like you can do any better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post

wow

failed idea is fail

This actually made me LOL. Probably because of how close minded some people are and an idea as great as this is classified as "FAIL" simply because you would never use it. When in fact this is a great idea, especially with everyone going green these days. You sound pretty incompetent to me so ill point out some of the features posted above that contradict your statements.

Of course no one wants to walk around with their phone in their case holding it to the sun for 3 hours, and true no one leaves their phone on the dash of their car either. But after some CLOSE investigating, wait, no, its stated right there, i have found that the case has an internal battery that you are charging which in turn charges your phone or other device whenever you like. The case simply takes a few hours to charge up and it will store the charge until your ready to use it.

Point being, ive been caught many a time not wanting to use my phone to browse the web in fear that i wouldnt make it to a charger in the next 2 days, and with this, now i would have to worry because there is a backup battery that is charged simply by leaving it out in the sun. It charges on a cloudy day too! takes a little longer but still works great.

So replicat0r, let's try thinking of everyone before posting rants on new products or any posting for that matter, and not just yourself.

BTW these chargers are a great product if you've seen the sun in the past day, you'd get use out of it. They have backpacks as well for students. Only advice is to research who your buying from, there are some crappy ones out there.