Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTena - anyone use this thing?

Thanks
    Default iTena - anyone use this thing?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

I thought I would try one out. I get little to no signal at my home and the reviewers on ebay say it works; Easy refund if it doesn't too so it cant hurt.

Thanks

In my experience, signal boosters are a scam. That being said, the video looks pretty convincing and authentic. If you do get one, please let us know how well it works.

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zman69 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

I thought I would try one out. I get little to no signal at my home and the reviewers on ebay say it works; Easy refund if it doesn't too so it cant hurt.
    I just purchased one as well. I had something similar years back with my Palm Treo and it worked great. I never lost my signal and in areas where everyone with me had little or no service, I had 50% or more on the signal bars and calls were great.

I will let everyone know how it works here in Canada once I get it.

These devices typically are a scam.

This guy could be in the back office of a cellular store and have turned off the stores signal booster system (all retail cellular stores have some sort of device to give you a perfect signal in the stoire). Then they stick it on and someone in the store flips the system back on and BAM instant 5 bar signal.

Its funny that a 1 bar went to 5...I would expect a 1 to 2 bar increase. I would also expect that the effect is 100% lost in a moving car.

i just bought one today. hopefully ill get it by saturday. i usually get little or no service at work. i get service in my house but its that great in the basement. ill post up a video of me installing it and you can see right then and there if it works or not. if it dont, im gonna return it. hope it does cuz im on tmobile and i hate it! but i love that damn iphone lol.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah they work. Not sure what they do with the hardware or if they have adverse effects. Logically to me akk phones would come with these neat little stickers if there wasn;t a possible adverse effect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

the thing is, i have an invisibile shield on my iphone. i think this sticker needs to be applied directly to the iphone without anything in the way. but i just got a replacement shield so i was wondering, if i install the i-tena first then go over it with the new invisible shield, should it work properly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    the thing is, i have an invisibile shield on my iphone. i think this sticker needs to be applied directly to the iphone without anything in the way. but i just got a replacement shield so i was wondering, if i install the i-tena first then go over it with the new invisible shield, should it work properly?
    It should work, but your InvisibleShield might not fit properly cause of the slightly thicker base.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

Now if they could only come up with a SOUND BOOSTER!! Hehehehe
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Banned
    Thanks
    if you read the his feedbacks, you will see alot buyers bought the i-tena, and it didnt work.. this is just another scam for antenna booster.. save yourself $19.99 guys!

seems like a rip off... id buy it for 5 10 bucks not 20

i dont trust those things, tried one once, no good. Sorta like wearing a tinfoil hat to keep the aliens from reading your brain. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Now if they could only come up with a SOUND BOOSTER!! Hehehehe
    There is and it's free.
    Poke your speaker hole with a needle and you will get at least a 30%-60% volume boost.

As far as those sticker antennas work...well they sadly don't even though the idea behind it is quite cute.

Not gonna comment on whether it is a scam or not, but I will say this:

At least in the U.S., it is illegal to have a active signal booster (such as the one described being in every cellular store, that emits a stronger signal than it receives. Of course, it could receive a strong signal outside, and reemit that same strength inside, but from 5 bars to one? That would mean 5 bars outside, one bar inside...... No store is quite that bad!

Thanks
    Got mine last friday and it doesn't work well at my house but in other places it does. I think the thing with it is if theres little to no signal it will not do too much but If you get like 2-3 bars it will help out some.

hmmm, i'm hesitant

well i made a video with proof that this thing doesnt work. here you go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxhg60KLx0"]YouTube - iTena Installation[/ame]

i was disappointed.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

BarcaMagic (02-19-2009), Chase817 (02-17-2009), nellie (02-26-2008), rubadubstep (08-14-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    well i made a video with proof that this thing doesnt work. here you go.

YouTube - iTena Installation

i was disappointed.
    Pretty much as I expected. Thanks for posting your video findings. This is definitive proof that stick-on antenna boosters are pretty much bogus.

best,
    e

the only thing that really works in an area where you don't get good signal let's say in your house is zBoost YX510-PCS-CEL works with all phones simultaneously at both frequencies CEL - 800MHz and PCS -1900MHz.

I live in an area that i do no get good signal reception i get either 1 bar or nothing at times.

I installed it as per the instructions and i get perfect full signal coverage up to 2,500sq ft and i have never dropped a call since i have installed it.

i am very happy with it and recommend it to everyone on this forum. It works perfectly with my iphone and my girlfriends iphone. and in the building where we live we never got signal even with that i-tena at all which does no work. dont buy it at all it is a waste of money.

Default A complete scam
    Today I had a conversation with ebay customer services with regards to this product and listing.

We have found a number of issues with the listing.

1. It states :
    "THIS LISTING IS for a Signal Booster compatible with the Apple iphone 3G not for an iphone 3G cell phone"
    Can anyone explain this?
    Anyway, ebay did not like this statement as it is too ambiguous and total contradiction unless we are missing some information??.
    2. Bidders.
    Ebay is looking into the possibility that bidding is rigged for this listing. Too many new accounts bidding for the item and price is hiked beyond its RRP.
    3. Validity of the product
    Apple spokesperson said, "if a piece of metal would increase the range of the iphone, dont you think we would have done it our selves?"
    4. Validity of the video.
    The video looks very convincing, however it is very easy to manipulate signal strength for a phone.
    Here is a video from a buyer who proves item does NOT work!
    [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxhg60KLx0]YouTube - iTena Installation[/ame]
    5. Most importantly, users are unaware that you can purchase this product online at around 24, however you have to be crazy to do so!
    6. Ebay is investigating this and previous i-tena listings.

A quick summary statement...
    "ITS A SCAM!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast