Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appli iPhone Docking Station

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Appli iPhone Docking Station
    Apple iPhone dock revealed: charges Bluetooth headset too?

Looks like the inclusion of a handy YouTube button isn't the only fresh news on the iPhone front this morning, as two strangely protective photos of the iPhone dock attempt to show off an accessory that could be dangling by your wallet whilst waiting in line to check out next Friday. The two pictures of the unsurprisingly white device fail to reveal any ports or connections whatsoever, but "sources" over at ThinkSecret are suggesting that a charging port will indeed be included to give iPhone dock purchasers a single base to juice up their mobile and headset. Not too many details beyond that just yet, but don't expect such a useful hunk of plastic to run you cheap when it lands.

Source
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -6-20-07-iphone_dock_1.jpg   -6-20-07-iphone_dock_2.jpg  
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

iPhone? More like MyPhone thewhiteguy1's Avatar
    Thanks

i bet its gonna be between 25 and 45 dollars depending on where you purchase it.

I was reading a rumor that the dock will be included. We'll see but I won't be holding my breath for THAT one to come true!

Still, I would imagine that a product that Apple will be judged so critically on would warrant the inclusion of a $2 piece of plastic to dock/charge the $5-600 unit. Sort of like when the iPod originally came out (for the first few years at least) it came with a wall charger. Now of course they just come with the usb cable. Maybe it will be the same with iPhone - the first gen will come with better pack-ins and later models will be stripped down but with bigger drives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to editwizard For This Useful Post:

Acadian (06-22-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    I was reading a rumor that the dock will be included. We'll see but I won't be holding my breath for THAT one to come true!

Still, I would imagine that a product that Apple will be judged so critically on would warrant the inclusion of a $2 piece of plastic to dock/charge the $5-600 unit. Sort of like when the iPod originally came out (for the first few years at least) it came with a wall charger. Now of course they just come with the usb cable. Maybe it will be the same with iPhone - the first gen will come with better pack-ins and later models will be stripped down but with bigger drives.
    Ya, they'll release the phone and then a month later start selling it for cheaper with the dock. I bought a nice little 30gb JVC camcorder and then 4 months later the dang thing is $200 cheaper and comes with a blinkin' docking station...
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Yay, DOCK!!!

There's a little teeny, tiny docking station in the box. How very very Apple. I predict the future revisions will get larger hard drives and at some point they'll drop the dock and a/c adapters and have them only as add'l accessories.