Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Review: SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel iPhone 3G case.

Quote Originally Posted by bethechange23 View Post
    I guess I am not understanding what sag you are referring to.
    The sag Im referring to is at the bottom of the phone right above the dock connector. The case there is very thin and not reinforced with the hard plastic spine. It sags off the bottom completely exposing the chrome trim.

Quote Originally Posted by bethechange23 View Post
    I guess I am not understanding what sag you are referring to.
    Think of it as a slight drooping of the silicone case at the base of the phone, thus exposing some of the chrome bezel. I've noticed that quite a few users that experienced this issue had been using some sort of all over 'sticker' protection (ie BSE, InvisibleShield, etc). I have not seen even 1/2 mm of the bezel with my Olive Rebel. The only thing that I've encountered was the included screen protector pushed up a little bit, creating a bubble off of the screen, about 2mm x 4mm.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I just got a replacement from HK for my sagging case. They also sent me a white neo case that I'm using now.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quick5oh View Post
    I just got my case today as well. I went with the all black case. The packaging was simple and the case looked good. Hoever, immediately when I removed it from the packaging I already saw a good amount of scratches on the back plastic skeleton. That kind of pissed me off, but oh well it's a case thats what's gonna happen. So, I go to clean the screen and put a protector on. There are two screen protectors included, which is nice, but doesn't really matter. The first one goes on full of bubbles, even with the squeegee tool, and after further inspection, the squeegee had actually scratched it up pretty good. So I try the second one and it goes on alright, but still doesn't look that great. When I go to put the case on, the screen protector comes up on the corners and I rip it off out of frustration with it and throw it away. I try to clean my screen and there is a weird film from the protector that won't come off without a lot of elbow grease and a good cleaner. So, I go to the Apple store real quick and get a power support anti-glare protector. It goes on fine as always, and does not pull up when I put the case on. I am now happy with my purchase. I like the case a lot and it feels natural in the hand. I also like the fact that it has enough grip to hold on to, but doesn't get stuck in pockets or anything.. It's just right..I am happy with everything else so far except the screen protectors quality and the condition that the case arrived in. Now I'll just have to see how it holds up over time..

I would say its my favorite case for the 3g, even with the problems I ran in to.. I really want to try the new CapsuleNeo though..

Short Version:

Case is good. Screen protectors suck.
    The screen protectors do not suck. I thought this at first also until I realized that the screen protector out of the package has 3 layers. It is protected front and back by two films that have to be removed from the center layer. I had been applying two layers unknowingly.

Once I figured that out my case didn't push up the protector.

Do not use the little squeegee that comes with it

Does this case fit the iphone 2g?

Thanks

We needed some neo capsules for a review from switch easy at our site (no links). Previously we bought a capsule rebel from them and wrote a review. What they want is the proof that people bought some after reading our review. For this, I need 3 transanction ids for capsule rebel from current owners. Trust me as I won't use them for any wrong purpose. Please pm me the ids.

Thanks in advance!

Also, we will make sure that you benefit from our reviews too!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

got mine on ebay for 6 bucks! Great case (applepostore no longer has them for 17 though)

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    The sag Im referring to is at the bottom of the phone right above the dock connector. The case there is very thin and not reinforced with the hard plastic spine. It sags off the bottom completely exposing the chrome trim.
    If you get sag just take a hair drier to it on high setting for abou 60 seconds, pop the phone in (after done heating) and then stick a rubber band around the outside si it is pushing the bottom piece up. From there simply let it cool and you are golden. I use an invisible shiled and had this issue out of the box... has not been a problem at all since I used this fix.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-03-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Are you guys putting on the little adapter thing that fits in the bottom where the sync connector goes because that kind of acted like a support for mine and it doesn't sag at all....????

My Rebel case scratch my chrome bezel . Dont know why...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidnz View Post
    My Rebel case scratch my chrome bezel . Dont know why...
    You sure something like dirt didnt get between the case and the bexel? That soft plastic is way too soft to make it scratch...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

The case looks brilliant, but before i buy it, can someone tell me if its compatible with the iphone 2g???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D_Force View Post
    The case looks brilliant, but before i buy it, can someone tell me if its compatible with the iphone 2g???
    It is NOT compatible with the 2G

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It is NOT compatible with the 2G

it doesnt fit at all?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D_Force View Post
    it doesnt fit at all?
    no it doesn;t even fit inside the first part of the shell

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the same problem with the case sagging at the bottom. i have the black one and my wife has the pink one. hers doesnt sag at all and seems to be a tougher plastic.

we both have the screen protectors on ours, but the top 2 layers are still intact. when the top one gets all scratched up, ill take it off. and i too have the bubble issue from the case pushing up on the edges of the screen, but i got used to it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    i have the same problem with the case sagging at the bottom. i have the black one and my wife has the pink one. hers doesnt sag at all and seems to be a tougher plastic.

we both have the screen protectors on ours, but the top 2 layers are still intact. when the top one gets all scratched up, ill take it off. and i too have the bubble issue from the case pushing up on the edges of the screen, but i got used to it after a while.
    I have the same issue with my white case sagging... My wife has the pink one and it seems like its much better quality.

i guess it could also be that I mess with mine A LOT more and have taken it out of the case a few times.

If anybody is interested I have a black and arctic rebel for sale, $20 total for both.

my capsule rebel case got all loose and flabby especially from the sides. So I put the case inside the dryer. Good as new, and it fits better.

bad *** thanks for the review

this sucks...

Dear Customer,

Sorry, at the moment we don't have the clip, but we are always working
    on something and
    coming out with new products soon. Depends on our HQ.
    Please check again at switcheasy.com in the near future.
    I asked about the clip/holster thing...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast