Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Review: SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel iPhone 3G case.

I also am switching to the incase, I really like the design of the switcheasy but the rubber by the volume toggle and at the bottom has loosened and doesnt protect the chrome as well. Still probobly better then any rubber/ silicone case and cheaper than most, but i prefer the solid construction of a hard case

Thanks for the pics InvertedS2c. I was pretty sure that I wanted an olive capsule, but now I am sold. :-D
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

thanks nice review

will this prtect the screen?

it comes with 2 screen protectors but the case itself doesnt

My red Rebel just showed up last night. Im actually a little disappointed.

First, the "soft" case part isnt grippy like the silicone sleeves Im used to. I was hoping it would provide extra grip while the hard plastic skeleton provided extra protection. The skeleton is actually grippier than the sleeve.

Also, mine does not fit that well. It sags at the bottom and there are large gaps between the soft case and the skeleton at the bottom section. Im wondering if I just didnt do a good job of getting it on. FYI, I did follow the instructions while installing.

My iphone has Ghost Armor protective film on it. That may have something to do with my fitment problems. This is surprising, though, since the film isnt very thick.

The part of the case that covers the lock button makes it difficult for me to operate. I dont have any trouble with the volume rocker, though. Maybe i will try cutting it out.

The case prevented my stereo's aux cable from fitting properly. I had to remove that cable and get a new one. So, make sure your various cables fit into this thing before you really use it.

Overall, its a decent case. Not as amazing as I was expecting. Definitely not worth $25+shipping from switcheasy.com. Some people are posting that you can get the case for $5 less at other stores. If you are getting one of these, I would definitely try that.

so wait if you put on a invisible full shield for the phone it will fit?

i saw a video review, where the author had an 'invisible shield' of sorts, and it was very snug, but did fit.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My case fits, but Im using Ghost Armor, not Invisible Shield. The products are very similar, though. Id assume you would have the same results with Invisible Shield.

One thing of note, though, is that the screen protector on the face has some very slight wrinkling at the bottom edges where the Rebel case comes over the front. Im not sure if its supposed to do that, or if there is just some excess material there. Its not a big deal, either way.

I just got mines. I got the Devil color. I had no sag at all.

Nice review and good input everyone. I just ordered mine. I seen these and wondered about them. I am glad I became a member of this forum. Great info.

Quote Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
    I just got mines. I got the Devil color. I had no sag at all.
    Maybe my sag issue is due to having the full body screen installed? Do you have a front/back skin installed on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Maybe my sag issue is due to having the full body screen installed? Do you have a front/back skin installed on yours?
    From reading other forums, a few others were having the sag issue too.

I only have the Best Skin Ever on the front.

i have the switcheasy capsule rebel in all white and well....... i love it but is anybody elses changing colors?? im thinking of getting it in a darker color or getting rid of it and getting the speck cover that looks like a grenade ;oP ive had my case for a couple weeks now.

jadiemazing :: for the hardcore 2 + 4 wheel enthusiasts // myspace

if you liked my domokun theme please show some love <3

I just received my Olive rebel, and let me say, it's everything I thought it would be. I did cut out the volume up/down cover- I was in the car listening to music with my phone in my hoodie pocket, and I bumped the phone and the volume went up to MAX! I could not believe how loud the iPhone can get. Also, with my $0.23 screen protector (yes I got them shipped on eBay for $0.23), I noticed the peeling up of the sides, so I put on one of the provided protectors. As long as they are perfectly centered, it should not peel up.

All in all, I'd give this case a solid 9 of 10. This is because I think leaving the volume keys exposed would work better. The reason for the 9 being that I had to preform surgery on it. The coverage is great with this case, when used in conjuction with the screen protector- that's seriously like a 97% coverage. Can someone say great resell value for the iPhone in it on eBay (for when the REAL 3G iPhone comes out )

I'd really like to see a holster that will fit this case, as my DLO HipCase will do for now, but I'd like something tailor-made for this case.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 09-04-2008 at 11:39 PM.

I just got my case today as well. I went with the all black case. The packaging was simple and the case looked good. Hoever, immediately when I removed it from the packaging I already saw a good amount of scratches on the back plastic skeleton. That kind of pissed me off, but oh well it's a case thats what's gonna happen. So, I go to clean the screen and put a protector on. There are two screen protectors included, which is nice, but doesn't really matter. The first one goes on full of bubbles, even with the squeegee tool, and after further inspection, the squeegee had actually scratched it up pretty good. So I try the second one and it goes on alright, but still doesn't look that great. When I go to put the case on, the screen protector comes up on the corners and I rip it off out of frustration with it and throw it away. I try to clean my screen and there is a weird film from the protector that won't come off without a lot of elbow grease and a good cleaner. So, I go to the Apple store real quick and get a power support anti-glare protector. It goes on fine as always, and does not pull up when I put the case on. I am now happy with my purchase. I like the case a lot and it feels natural in the hand. I also like the fact that it has enough grip to hold on to, but doesn't get stuck in pockets or anything.. It's just right..I am happy with everything else so far except the screen protectors quality and the condition that the case arrived in. Now I'll just have to see how it holds up over time..

I would say its my favorite case for the 3g, even with the problems I ran in to.. I really want to try the new CapsuleNeo though..

Short Version:

Case is good. Screen protectors suck.
    Last edited by Quick5oh; 09-05-2008 at 12:00 AM.

^^ Sorry to hear about your luck with it

I just received an email back from SwitchEasy regarding the clip.

Dear David,

We will have a new clip soon, which will fit perfectly.

Best regards,

Chris Morgenstern

SwitchEasy Ltd., Hong Kong

Tel.: +852 / 23892101, Fax: +852 / 23892101, Internet: www.switcheasy.com <http://www.switcheasy.com>
    I hope it comes up soon...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Quick5oh (09-05-2008)

Thanks for that info, a clip will be nice.

Ive decided to ditch the rebel. It sags, its pushing the edges of my screen protector up and just makes the phone look a little less classy all together. As stated previously, some of my fitment problems may be due to the full body screen protector I have installed which covers both the front and the back of the phone.

Still, even without the fitment issues, I just dont think it looks that great. Looked better on the website.

Default Rebel and the NEW NEO!
    I guess I am not understanding what sag you are referring to. If you mean that you can push down on the bottom of the case and it moves a little, then yes it does that. However, it doesn't sag without physically pushing it down and the case is tight all around.
    The best part of these cases if you own more then one is that you can be creative with your colors. I have the Artic (clear) gel around the phone and then the Olive (green) ribcage. It looks sweet. I am sure there are multiple other scenarios that will also look nice.

Lastly, not to through another "you gotta have it" wrench in this, but have you seen the SwitchEasy Neo for this phone? It comes in black and white only and is labeled the "CEO" line of their brand. VERY NICE! I got black.
    Again, got it at mygearstore

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast