Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any comments on SwitchEasy Rebel case?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Any comments on SwitchEasy Rebel case?
    Anybody here have this case that can comment on it?

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.html

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jackz5o For This Useful Post:

FliP76 (07-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default just received that case
    it is sweet! i got it from mygearstore. i think through my hours of research it was the only place i saw it- which i was a bit concerned with.
    it is a great case. It fits the unit perfectly, all the controls work flawlessly, doesn't get caught up in my pocket, seems like it will give some decent protection, and it looks pretty good too!
    it really was a bit of a shot in the dark and i was really wondering if it would work out for me, but it is great. i have seen MANY cases and this one takes the ribbon.
    the one thing that i wasn't expecting was that the duller black is not silicone or really very grippy. believe it or not -it is the combination of the two materials that makes it not slick. it was in the silicone sleeve section -so i naturally thought it would be rubbery -but no. and all the better b/c i don't wear one of those stupid belt clips, but rather put it in my pocket.

hope this helps. and i sure hope everyone doesn't get one b/c i am pretty sure i am one of the few who have one right now. ;-)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mons For This Useful Post:

FliP76 (07-26-2008), kadinh (08-05-2008), ninjoshua (08-05-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered one in black last night and so did a few other people...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very nice...Almost makes me want to go out and get a 3G.....but I am waiting for the price cut...

I was waiting for the incase slider 3g, but now im thinking of going with this. Looks like good protection and comes with screen protectors, stand, dock adapter and for 25$ seems like a great buy. I would like to see the white frame on the black also, could do alot of different color combos if they wanted, people would buy multiple pieces. thats it, ive sold myself, going to order mine now lol
    Last edited by FliP76; 07-24-2008 at 09:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is the coolest case i have EVER seen. Buying it.

AWW: Only US and Canada, that sucks =(
    Last edited by Celleye; 07-26-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    Hai.

If you go to the amazon japan site and search for this case it shows a bunch of different color combinations, including white/black, which I believe will be available on 8/8/08.

i found site here Switcheasy Rebel capsule for iphone 3G BLACK IN STOCK - £9.51 : AppleProStore, Apple Accessories
    not to sure if i want to buy it :< since i haven't got my 3g yet

Im ordering a white one soon.

Mine is on its way!

Mine has also been shipped cant wait.

suck that i can't order it, seem the company the link i had not trusted site :<

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They got some new colors now.. the Arctic transparent looks pretty cool.

Only thing is.. some guy from another forum got his and he said this case is the worst case he has ever owned.. either hes owned some cases hand-made by Steve Jobs himself or this case isn't that great.. Guess i'll have to find out when I get mine lol

So is any part of it silicone? Or is it all hard material?

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    glad that the info helped. @Jackz5o : now that i have had the case for a couple of weeks and have used it in a number of environments I can back up my earlier statement of how good it is. I am able to throw it in the cup holder while i work out, it fits in the "Kensington car charger deluxe" without issue, i have dropped it, scuffled it around, etc. If you want to be really picky, one thing is that the shiny rib part does get scratched up (but hey- that is a lot better than the iphone).

@ToxicFTW: no part is silicone that i can tell (i do not know the name of the compounds). The duller part is a harder plastic as well as the shiny "ribs" part. ideally some more texture would be nice, but I bet any modification to the design would make it more difficult to get in and out of pockets -which is VERY important to me.

Like i said- I live in the city where I see tons of iphones and iphone cases -and I have yet to see something better.

On another note: The kensington car charger deluxe: not a bad idea, but WHY did they not send the audio out of the bottom port and make a 3.5mm port on the charger for the stereo input? SO STUPID. the way it comes you have to plug the iphone into the unit AND THEN plug the 3.5mm into the top. a microphone passthrough would be cool also so that you could have a mic up on your visor.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm. i was going to get the invisibleshield, but i think this may be more what im looking for....

Quote Originally Posted by mons View Post
    it is sweet! i got it from mygearstore. i think through my hours of research it was the only place i saw it- which i was a bit concerned with.
    it is a great case. It fits the unit perfectly, all the controls work flawlessly, doesn't get caught up in my pocket, seems like it will give some decent protection, and it looks pretty good too!
    it really was a bit of a shot in the dark and i was really wondering if it would work out for me, but it is great. i have seen MANY cases and this one takes the ribbon.
    the one thing that i wasn't expecting was that the duller black is not silicone or really very grippy. believe it or not -it is the combination of the two materials that makes it not slick. it was in the silicone sleeve section -so i naturally thought it would be rubbery -but no. and all the better b/c i don't wear one of those stupid belt clips, but rather put it in my pocket.

hope this helps. and i sure hope everyone doesn't get one b/c i am pretty sure i am one of the few who have one right now. ;-)
    i think i will get this one now. thanks!
    Last edited by kadinh; 08-05-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thats an awesome looking cover....if i had a 3g i would definitly invest in one
    16gb white 3G iphone jailbroken on 2.0.2

anyone know where else to get an arctic one? I keep trying to order it, but it keeps denying my cards!

Capsule Rebel represents a fairly remarkable rebound from SwitchEasy’s prior Capsule cases for iphone and ipod touch, fully hard plastic cases that put simplicity and color options somewhat ahead of usability and comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast