Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SkullCandy Full Metal Jacket iPhone earphones

Default SkullCandy Full Metal Jacket iPhone earphones
    Has anyone bought/have/used/tried the new iPhone FMJ in ear headphones?

I'm thinking about purchasing myself a pair but wanted to know some feedback from anyone who has used them before.

I have used a pair of SkullCandy G.I. headphones before on my ipod. They work great but on my iPhone when using the iPod (mp3 player) portion, the music sounded far away, muffled, and at times mute when at its highest volume level.

Odd but no SkullCandy product works with my iphone.

The link to thier page is http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/iphonefmj-p-72.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I picked up two pairs at Macworld for $40 each (expo special) in Silver and Chrome, and a pair of the Skullcrushers for $25 (last-minute sale to get rid of stock before the expo ended). I haven't tried the Skullcrushers yet (they're still in packaging) but the FMJs are AWESOME. I don't think I even heard the Bart as I was on my way back from Moscone, and the quality is just awesome (at half price, heck yeah).

I'd definitely buy them.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Buy the shure earbuds or bose earbuds for 100 bucks... better earphones for a little more cash. Also you need a TTY converter if your current earphones don't work (they currently dont work because of the mic feature on the boxed version of the headphones)

I'm thinking about getting me some FMJ's but I have had both really good experience and really bad experience with Skullcandy.

And I heard those skullcrushers are bad ***!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesickmelody View Post
    I picked up two pairs at Macworld for $40 each (expo special) in Silver and Chrome, and a pair of the Skullcrushers for $25 (last-minute sale to get rid of stock before the expo ended). I haven't tried the Skullcrushers yet (they're still in packaging) but the FMJs are AWESOME. I don't think I even heard the Bart as I was on my way back from Moscone, and the quality is just awesome (at half price, heck yeah).

I'd definitely buy them.
    Does the button function like the iPhone headphone? Does it pause ff etc? Hows the mic?

Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prototype_sx View Post
    Does the button function like the iPhone headphone? Does it pause ff etc? Hows the mic?

Thanks in advance!
    Yup, there's a visible white button that you click once to pause/answer a call/end a call, twice to skip tracks. The mic's great, I don't have much to compare it to other than the stock earbuds. My friend's got the V-Moda Vibe DUO earbuds, I'll ask him for a comparison when I get the chance.

As for the Skullcrushers, I opened them last night after I posted and they are GREAT! I totally love them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesickmelody View Post
    Yup, there's a visible white button that you click once to pause/answer a call/end a call, twice to skip tracks. The mic's great, I don't have much to compare it to other than the stock earbuds. My friend's got the V-Moda Vibe DUO earbuds, I'll ask him for a comparison when I get the chance.

As for the Skullcrushers, I opened them last night after I posted and they are GREAT! I totally love them.
    You got me all hot 'n bothered LOL. I would take one off ur hands if u had the black one

Thanks for the info!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Haha thanks. I've got photos of them here:

http://flickr.com/photos/22661594@N04/2200672357/
    http://flickr.com/photos/22661594@N04/2200671529/

They're not that great photos (taken with my iPhone) -.- but yeah. They're awesome =]

And yeah I asked them if they had black, they didn't have any black in stock. I would've picked up black ones in a heartbeat too! But I'm perfectly fine with the silver ones, I just gave the chrome ones to a friend for her birthday.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    UPDATE, my friend is selling his extra pair on eBay (type in Skullcandy FMJ iPhone) and there's like a day left in his auction. If some of you REALLY want to get a pair, now's the chance to do so =]

skullcandy suck, and their warranty sucks as well. FMJ's broke after 3 months of light use (walking, housecleaning etc). Have been waiting since May 2010 for replacements. Sent an email asking for a tracking number which received no response. Emailed again, and was told a credit had been placed on my account, but the moment the credit was applied to my account, my login and password were no longer working. COINCIDENCE? I think not!!! Am now dealing with the BBB to try and resolve this issue. Like most people, I like to get what I paid for, but Skullcandy doesn't seem to care about the consumer. By the way, headphones broke in February, and it is now November 15. Do yourself a favour, and avoid Skullcandy like the plague. Their website doesn't even work anymore, did they grab our cash and run??? Who knows....
    Last edited by hexonyx; 11-16-2010 at 12:51 AM.

interesting. Skullcandy is everywhere i find it difficult to understand why they would do this.

Angry Skullcandy battle, month 10
    Phoned Utah today and apparently they're sending me some FMJs in the mail, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I have them in my hot little hands. I really like the product, but the customer service could use a lot of work.

Has anyone had issues with the FMJ's working in the iPhone 4? Mine work wonderfully in my old 3G, but when i plug them into the 4, they make weird clicking noises and the mic and mic button don't function whatsoever.