Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otter Box bad echos?!?!?!

Default Otter Box bad echos?!?!?!
    I have had the Otter box for a little over a week now. I have had people tell me they hear a echo every time I talk to them, I tested it with and without the cover on and its the case that makes the eco, I have E-mailed Otter box Monday and called them on tuesday (voicemail) but have not got any reply or help at all. So I will be calling my credit card company today to stop payment and return it to them. I have the smaller Otter box not the water proof one. I can say that the box feels nice but I cant have a echo on every call I make so what can I do?

Funny how so many companies selling iphone accessories have the same basic problem when it somes to answering phones and supporting customers. No excuse for not responding the same day to emails, and with 1 day to a phone call. Nothing is more important then your customers.

That's funny...my experience with them is pretty good. They were helpful and friendly when I had to contact them about a problem. I wonder why yours creates an echo. Mine works fine...
    OtterBox Lover

I figured it out. I was getting the echo too. The mic is not the bottom right side of the phone when you are looking at the face. Just take out the fabric cover out of the hole in the otter box. If you do it gently you can place the piece inside the case later if you want.

I had the echo too in a replacement case that they sent me free of charge after I broke the case nothing to due to they design.4 iphones later discovered it was the new case, the old one was never a problem but new one is made of a different material and the sound travel thru the case. I open the charging cover problem solved. The co. told me they have corrected the problem on the newer cases. I have been very pleased with their service.