Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G battery pack

Default iPhone 3G battery pack
    First off i wana ask if all the external battery packs for the first gen iphone are compatible with the iphone 3g.
    Second, what would be the best one to buy, i was thinking about getting the Richard Solo Backup Battery (Backup Battery for iPhone / iPod - DX001) or the iMax Power TY460 (Imax Power iphone backup battery increases iphone movie time up to 32 hours!) , what do you guys think.

If you any other suggestions please let me know, the iphone 3g batteryis KILLLERRRRR
    Last edited by baiserabies; 07-19-2008 at 01:17 AM.

I have been using the Richard Solo battery with my iPhone and iPhone 3G and it works fine with both. It takes awhile (2 hours) to charge the iPhone battery and the battery is only 80% or so of the capacity of the iPhone battery itself. I was just looking at the iMax Power battery that you linked to and it does look good, much bigger then the Richard Solo. The great thing about the Richard Solo battery is that you can throw it in your pocket and you don't need any extra cables to connect it up to the iPhone. I was able to connect it to my iPhone and then put it in my pocket to charge and it still fit fine. The iMax battery looks great to use on long plane flights or road trips.

The Richard Solo battery does recharge very quickly.

Steve

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I have the iMax Power I liked the fact that you could watch movies and such while it was charging the battery.... and also it is not that big at all. You do have to have cables with it but I wanted the best for my money....

Green Apple
    Thanks

which ever one works best i do not know though this may help me pick somehting since wathcing movies during school does drain abttery thanx

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    I have the iMax Power I liked the fact that you could watch movies and such while it was charging the battery.... and also it is not that big at all. You do have to have cables with it but I wanted the best for my money....
    do you have a first or second gen iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baiserabies View Post
    do you have a first or second gen iphone
    I have both iphones....

i would also like to know what will work and what is better becuse i have a belkin battery pack and it doesnt work with my iphone 3g

Thanks

Here is a page on ebay that you can see are battery packs.... he also includes a video... I bought from him...

3G iPhone iTouch External, Consumer Electronics, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com

I bought one TY250 from imaxpower.com. They also carried TY460, which has a larger capacity. Do you know which is better for my 3G iphone. THanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guruclub04 View Post
    I bought one TY250 from imaxpower.com. They also carried TY460, which has a larger capacity. Do you know which is better for my 3G iphone. THanks!
    I think both are nice.... but if you want more time then get the TY460... either one will work it just depends on how much longer do you want....

I have one... but want longer so I am going to buy the TY460 myself...

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can, I would wait for the new Mophie Juocr Pak for the 3G - it wraps around the phone rather than just jutting off the end.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    If you can, I would wait for the new Mophie Juocr Pak for the 3G - it wraps around the phone rather than just jutting off the end.
    Is there a website that you can see this one at? And if you are using a case how can it wrap around the phone then?

I found their website for anyone interested in seeing this one!

http://www.mophie.com/collections/batteries

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    Here is a review of it at this site...

iPhone extended battery review - Mophie Juice Pack*|*Gear Diary
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-27-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm new here and am looking for a backup battery also. I ordered the RichardSolo battery yesterday. My brother has one. He is a battery-nut and has a collection already! But he is carrying this one every time I see him.

quick question. i saw the imax power TY460 and that looks amazing, especially the 4600mah battery. absolutely ridiculous. but does it charge the iphone? or does it just supply the extra power. because if it doesn't charge, then it looks like I'll have to go to the richardsolo route, which unfortunately is only 1200mah. might have to get 2 or something

secondly, it says you can use it with other devices. does it come with other adapters? like mini-usb? *crosses fingers* it says you can buy them, but i don't see where.

EDIT: also, if you browse their website the advertise a TY800 which has an 9000mah battery. (holy crap, see link below) but i didn't see a link to purchase it. so i went to the contact us section to send them an email but apparently their account is no longer active so i couldn't do that. Is this company still up and running?

http://www.imaxpower.com/TY800_introduction.html
    Last edited by hokeyplyr48; 07-31-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    CPU:Q6600 @ 3.5 w/ Ultra120 extreme|| RAM: 4x2GB G. Skill || Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro || VideoCard: eVGA 8800GTX Ultra & 7200GS for quad monitors || Hard Drive: 2x150GB Raptor in RAID 0 (OS) | 1x150GB Raptor (Users) | 500 GB HD | 400 GB HD | 160 GB HD || Monitor: Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD, Acer 22" widescreen, HP 19", & Gateway 17" || Case: Antec 900 || Keyboard: Logitech G15 || OS: Vista x64 Ultimate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post
    quick question. i saw the imax power TY460 and that looks amazing, especially the 4600mah battery. absolutely ridiculous. but does it charge the iphone? or does it just supply the extra power. because if it doesn't charge, then it looks like I'll have to go to the richardsolo route, which unfortunately is only 1200mah. might have to get 2 or something

secondly, it says you can use it with other devices. does it come with other adapters? like mini-usb? *crosses fingers* it says you can buy them, but i don't see where.

EDIT: also, if you browse their website the advertise a TY800 which has an 9000mah battery. (holy crap, see link below) but i didn't see a link to purchase it. so i went to the contact us section to send them an email but apparently their account is no longer active so i couldn't do that. Is this company still up and running?

Imax Power iphone backup battery increases iphone movie time up to 32 hours!
    LOL I have been trying to find out all of this info for you! Go to this page on ebay and ask the seller about these.... I bought from him before and he has 100% feedback as well....

He does have it listed as a external battery charger...
    EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER 3G IPHONE 8GB 32GB ITOUCH IPOD - eBay (item 280251191178 end time Aug-03-08 10:30:21 PDT)

The only thing I could do is plug mine in tonight and let you know if it charges it or not... and then let you know...as I always have my phone charged before I go and I have taken it with me as a backup...

hey,

did you get a chance to see if it charges last night? i'm really curious because i need a solution fairly quickly. and i don't want to have to settle for the richardsolo which has significantly less capacity.
    CPU:Q6600 @ 3.5 w/ Ultra120 extreme|| RAM: 4x2GB G. Skill || Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro || VideoCard: eVGA 8800GTX Ultra & 7200GS for quad monitors || Hard Drive: 2x150GB Raptor in RAID 0 (OS) | 1x150GB Raptor (Users) | 500 GB HD | 400 GB HD | 160 GB HD || Monitor: Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD, Acer 22" widescreen, HP 19", & Gateway 17" || Case: Antec 900 || Keyboard: Logitech G15 || OS: Vista x64 Ultimate

Thanks

hey,

did you get a chance to see if it charges last night? i'm really curious because i need a solution fairly quickly. and i don't want to have to settle for the richardsolo which has significantly less capacity.
    I didn't get a change to try it last night... but will try it out here in a few and let you know....

hey,

Yup it charges it... ;O)
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-02-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

and is it really big? or is it about the same size as the iphone?

Thanks

The reason I went this way with a battery backup is because I could use it with any case I may have on my phone...

It is 3 1/2 inches long and 2 wide is all... and just under a 1/2 thick... for the model below that is on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/3G-iPHONE-iPOD-i...6.c0.m14.l1318

This one is a little larger in size but not bigger than the phone itself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTERNAL-BATTERY...6.c0.m14.l1318

If you go to the links that are on ebay you will be able to view pictures of these two...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-02-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added more

I really want one, but it's got so much potential if it could be used with other devices. It says there are other adapters, sold separately, but i can't find them. does it come with any others or just the ipod dock connector?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast