+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Short Review on the BodyGuards

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So, I purchased the BodyGuardz (BG) a few weeks ago, and applied them the moment I received them in the mail. There are two parts of this story, one being
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default My Short Review on the BodyGuards
    So, I purchased the BodyGuardz (BG) a few weeks ago, and applied them the moment I received them in the mail. There are two parts of this story, one being the first time I applied the BG, and two being the second time I applied the BG.

Story #1:
    I did the installation on my desk. I washed my hands, cleaned the table, did all the little recommendations, and began. Instead of using the Windex idea to apply the BG, I used the solution it came with. I put on the screen cover, and lightly squeegyed (sp?) the bubbles and extra solution.
    Then I moved to the back. I literally spend two hours applying the back. It seemed like the corners were never going to stay down. Every time I would put down one of the sides, the whole skin would move, forcing me to reapply it over and over again. After much work and frustration, I finally got the corners to stay.
    I let the skins dry for the 48 hours, and went to go look at my brand new, shielded, iPhone. But to my dismay, the screen could not have looked worse. The screen appeared to have a look on it very similar to when you get a television screen wet. I was so upset. I let it dry for two more days, but the look never went away.

After about a week of use, I decided to remove the first BG and apply the second set of skins included in the package.

Story #2:
    This time, I decided to apply the BG in a steamy bathroom, as some have suggested. Again I tried using the solution included to apply the BG.
    First, I wiped the screen with the micro fiber cloth. Then I cleaned the screen with Windex, then wiped using the micro fiber cloth. I applied the screen cover, but this time, rather than lightly squeggying the screen, I pushed hard. Not so hard as to break the screen, but I really put some pressure on there. I got every last little micro bubble and bit of solution there was underneath that screen cover. I let the screen dry for ten minuted before applying the back.
    I went onto the back. First, I just applied it on the back without worrying about the sides/corners yet. So once I got the back in place, and made sure everything was centered, I let it sit for 15 minutes.
    When I came back, I did the sides, then let it sit for 15 minutes. Then I came back, and did the top and bottom, then let it sit for another 15 minutes. Finally, started working on the corners. Do not be discouraged if the corners are not going down, they take a little longer to dry, and do not try to remove the excess solution with your finger or a cloth, just let it air dry.
    So I finally got all four corners, and then I just let it sit. I let it dry for the two days without touching it at all. When I came back two days later and turned on my iPhone, low and behold! The screen looked amazing, the corners were perfect, and I couldn't even tell that there was anything on the screen.

So, my tips for everyone trying to apply BG:
    -Do the application process in a steamy bathroom.
    -When squeegying, do it pretty forcefully to remove every bubble and bit of solution.
    -Use the solution included.
    -When doing the screen part, there is no such thing as too much solution, as long as you squeegy as much of it out from underneath after you have it in place.
    -When it comes to the back, there is such thing as too much solution. I used three squirts of solution, then rubbed it around onto all the corners.
    -Make sure your hands are EXTREMELY washed.
    -HAVE PATIENCE!!!!!

Let me just end by saying that I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of smudges I have on the screen. There actually appears to be less. Also, the "tackyness" of the skins people talk about is such a minute takyness that you won't even know it's there. I hope my review/tips helped someone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZJH90 For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-20-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

pics? website?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i accidently got some pen ink on it and it wont come off and i have that weird wet tv look too so yea my skin looks horrible right now but i might go reapply it thanks for the advice

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would never have my iPhone in a steamy room. As a general rule "water and electronics do not mix

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

take some pics
     Think Different

s2k
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I ordered this full skin how long did it take you to get yours.?