Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WHY???? 3G iPhone = Not Compatible with anything!!!!

I bought a cheap Dynex dock from bestbuy when i got my first iphone. Upon putting my 3g in it i found that it played music but would not charge. I took the usb cable out from the back and plugged the one that my iphone 3g came with and now it works fine

Just a heads up.

-Kyle

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this post dead?

I have a memorex Home Ipod powered center speaker... Charged my 2G, and my 3G.. My Eclipse radio wont charge, as well it wont charge in some other items as well, Alpine, and more..

My question is, that if the memorex unit does for both, It must be a wire thing.. and if so, there must be a way to wire around it or add... Does anyone have the wire pin out for the 2G, and the 3G? thanks!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Is this post dead?

I have a memorex Home Ipod powered center speaker... Charged my 2G, and my 3G.. My Eclipse radio wont charge, as well it wont charge in some other items as well, Alpine, and more..

My question is, that if the memorex unit does for both, It must be a wire thing.. and if so, there must be a way to wire around it or add... Does anyone have the wire pin out for the 2G, and the 3G? thanks!
    are you that uninformed that you dont know about cables charging via the firewire instead of usb?

You have no one to blame except the company that has made your cable.
    Apple has been informing the world for Years to stop creating devices/cables that charge via the firewire pins on the connector and not usb.

"You can take the 12V from the Firewire pins (19 & 20), use resistors to reduce the voltage to 5V, and on pin 23 (ground also sent to pin 16).

The female side of the adapter gets 12V on the Firewire pins, but the male end of the adapter outputs 5V on the USB pin"

Adapters:
    CableJive: Charge Converter for iPhone and iPod
    Scosche passPORT Charging adapter for new iPod® nano, iPod touch, and iPhone™ 3G at Crutchfield.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12