Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bose Mobile On-Ear Headset

Default Bose Mobile On-Ear Headset
    The new bose mobile on-ear headset on bose' website claims that these headphones are the same as the "On-Ear" headphones but have a microphone added in for switching to calls. They also say that these work with the iphone headphone jack without an adapter. Anyone tried these or seen them??

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...e_oe/index.jsp

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blakehansen24 View Post
    The new bose mobile on-ear headset on bose' website claims that these headphones are the same as the "On-Ear" headphones but have a microphone added in for switching to calls. They also say that these work with the iphone headphone jack without an adapter. Anyone tried these or seen them??

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...e_oe/index.jsp
    Sounds like bullS*** on the price. Those without the mic in oihio is 139.00. Rather stick with the apple headphones.

it says the 'audio cable' is combatible with Apple® iPhone™ and other mobile phones with 3.5 mm jacks. which basically means it fits in the hole

they should make an in-ear version that had the mic and button!
    Then I would buy it. Bose has some of the best headphones out there

You guys should check these out!!!!

http://www.ultimatebuds.com/store/pr...roductid=16140

Ultimate ears superfi headphones designed for iphone. They sound amazing. the detail and clarity and sound field are virtually same as my Shure E2c. I have heard things never before audible in my music that is how clear and detailed it is.

They have the mic and button for pause next song.....
    Much better than V-moda. They also have 2 yr warranty and a great pebble like case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yup if they had the in-ear, i would be sore tempted... v-modas are ok, not great but just ok.

Not true jarthurs1981, you're thinking of the bose triport around ear headphones which are 139. The bose on ear headphones without the mobile functionality are 179. so you're actually only paying twenty dollars more for the microphone. And it seems that bose has updated their line of headphones so that all are iPhone compatible. I had an older pair of the bose around ear triport headphones that required an adapter for the iPhone. I recently bought a new pair of both the around ear headphones and earbuds, and they both have a new smaller diameter headphone connector that fits the recessed hole on the iPhone perfectly.

Thanks

Default Mobile On-Ear's On Their Way!
    Found a relatively cheap deal on eBay as a Canadian it came to $160US which is pretty good because the regular On-Ears (without mic) come to $200+ around here. I always liked headphones more than in-ears, the earbuds always seemed to make my ears sore after a while. . . so this was a perfect decision for me. I'll try to get back with a review once they arrive.
    Last edited by RelleR; 02-08-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: intoxicated

Thanks

Default Bose *Mobile* On-Ear Headphone Review
    So I've had the headphones for probably 4-5 months now and I'm CRAZY for em! I can really appreciate them this past month since they were missing (in the deep depths of my parent's SUV) for a very long month. I almost committed to buy another set on eBay and had to tell the Seller I found the pair and couldn't buy theirs anymore. But that proves how good of an accessory the Bose Mobile On-Ear Headphones are. I'll try my best attempt at a review:

The Bose Mobile On-Ear Headphones ($150 eBay brand new) are essential for anyone who expects quality sound from a lightweight, comfortable headphone that can be worn Long-time
    With the "Mobile" upgrade you get an integrated Mic on the wire that is located at shoulder length with an optional shirt-clip. The Mic works seamlessly with the tunes you may be listening to, I've tested the microphone enough to know the other person can hear me loud n clear. So there is definitely no worries on the microphones capabilities. If you're expecting something to cover your whole ear these aren't what you're looking for, although they will fit securely enough and the power is definitely enough to keep you satisfied. I'd limit the use to light activities such as walking, stationary exercising or just sitting back.
    for jogging these are questionable. But you're talking to the wrong person about that, I'm just saying. They also come with a nifty zipper case and different mobile headjack attachment sizings for other mobiles. They fold up which is also alright too if you like stuff that folds. Yadda, yadda, yadda- the headphones are great and appreciated especially as a Canadian who is still unable to locally buy the "Mobile" microphone aspect. I saved probably $75+ buying through eBay rather than locally at a FutureShop where I wouldn't have been able to get the microphone.
    If you listen to music or talk frequently and enjoy quality sound these headphones are a great, and somewhat expensive, alternative to enjoy your iPhone experience.

Day-to-day activity use: 7 out of 10
    Overall quality: 9 out 10