+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Case for my iPhone!

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so to introduce myself.. My name is Brian. I'm getting an iPhone soon for Christmas, and I really can't wait! It's going
    Thanks

Default Case for my iPhone!
    Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so to introduce myself..

My name is Brian. I'm getting an iPhone soon for Christmas, and I really can't wait! It's going to be awesome. I"ve been reading this forums without a user name for a while, and now i've finally decided to make one. This whole website looks great!

But anyways, on to the point.. I want a case to protect my iPhone really good. I'm afraid I might hurt it somehow, so it needs good protection. I know i'm definitely getting the screen guard for it, but I want a case as well.. What is better in your opinion? I've seen silicon cases, hard plastic cases, hard plastic face and back plates, a plastic case with a plastic "visor" shield that can lift up when you need to use the screen, and so many more.. What are the best in your opinions? Thanks a lot!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

Welcome New Friend
    I use crystal Film for a screen protector
    I use incase for the phone. I have dropped my iPhone many times and the incase works great.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have mines protected with a black agent 18 case and a Power Support anti-glare film and lovin' it! I heard the case may scratch the chrome bezel a little bit but mine is still ok.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies so far, guys! Hmm.. If you can give me a link or something to what you guys have, it would also be a great help! If not, i'll just search up the name of these cases. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

Yes, The incase does scratch the chrome bevel a little also.
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/...-cover-cl59039

Thanks

So some of these cases actually scratch the chrome part of the iPhone? Oh man, I don't want that. LOL... But that Incase looks really nice, though. Thanks so far

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default SwitchEasy Capsule
    I guess you can say I'm a 'case whore' since I keep buying more and more as they come out in the vain attempt to get that 'perfect' case. And so far, I've used Sena' Ultra Slim Pouch http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Appl...LTRASLIM-POUCH), Power Support's Crystal Jacket (http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/iphone.php), and Agent18's Clear Eco Shield (http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodv...roductpages=16) with Power Support's Anti-glare film. So far the later was the best combo, although I agree that the EcoShield can and will lightly scratch the iPhone's chrome bezel if you slide it in or out while there's light dusting on there. I have avoided this by applying a piece of mylar tape I cutout myself onto the bezel before putting in the EcoShield.

And, just recently, I went ahead and got another case from SwitchEasy
    called the Capsule (http://switcheasy.com/iPhone.htm). It is very similar to in form to the Agent18 EcoShield case except that it prolly won't scratch the chrome bezel because of the way the case slips in. Also, the case comes with a non-adhesive screen protector (3-designs) that even covers the home button. In my opinion, this lessens the tactile feedback of the home button and since the screen protector is not adhered to the iPhone's glass surface, the sensitivity of the touch screen is somewhat compromised, plus, you know dust is going to find it's way between the screen and that film! But since I liked the case itself (I got the white one), I still use it without the included protectors and use the PowerSupport anti-glare film instead (http://www.powersupportusa.com/produ..._antiglare.php). Lastly, the SwitchEasy Capsule case comes with several accessories such as a universal dock adaptor (which works great with Apple's Universal Dock only, and not with the dock that came with the iPhone), a headphone jack extender and a cover for the power port.

Hope this helps!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to macjedi4 For This Useful Post:

vinodis (12-23-2007)

kys
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Got the Belkin Clear case. Liked the idea of the belt clip where you swivel the clip so you can position the iphone on a flat surface and view the iphone screen at an angle. But when holstering to belt, if you belt is to thick the belt clip snaps off from the case, so the case swivels. So I ended up taking off the clip and just putting the phone in my pocket.

Then I got the Griffin Holster Leather case black, but the black color comes off the case on to the iphone protective screen. I'll have to change the protective screen so see if more black color comes off.

Thanks

I'm using the Marware sportgrip backwinder and it's freakin awesome
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

agent 18 and iqase scrn protector with my old verizon side pda ppuch lols

Thanks

Welcome!
    If you want a case that can take a lot....probably a nuke, Otterbox Armour Series for iPhone.
    big, bulky, but good news if you ever get bombed at least the phone will be okay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frank1123 View Post
    I have mines protected with a black agent 18 case and a Power Support anti-glare film and lovin' it! I heard the case may scratch the chrome bezel a little bit but mine is still ok.
    Same for me as well!

I have the black Agent 18 case which I love both in function and aesthetics. I was originally using the Power Support Crystal Clear film, but due to bad installation of it, I ended up trying out the Anti-glare film which I really love. Finger smudges does not show up at all, and face oil wipes off very easily.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bestskinsever.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

i use the rubber incase case and the ipod touch screen protector you can get at target

Thanks

Well, i'm finally back onto the site. I haven't had the patience for the slowness lately. Lol. So, i'm back now. Anyways.. Thanks for all the help! I think i've made up my mind on this one suggested by " macjedi4 ", which is the SwitchEasy case here ->

(http://switcheasy.com/iPhone.htm)

I really like the sounds of that case, and it looks really cool!

Thanks again everyone

Thanks

I use the revo from iSkin. I have the evo for my iPod so I have seen their products before. I will the removeable plastic visor for transport. But most of the time I leave it flipped on the back of the case. Its kinda pricey and its extra for the belt clip.
    I've been very happy with mine!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default incase
    i bought a incase silicon case yesterday from apple, with my new iphone, which i also bought yesterday

it is great

you should get it

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

A C13 case from ebay leather case.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using an alluminum metal case with a soft rubber interior. It is all matte finish black. Gives a great grip. Adds not much thickness. Along with this I use a cheap screen protector too. Totally it cost me only $11.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

And mine is black and adds heaps of grip.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..