+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: best a2dp adapter

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey i have a thread in the iphone chit chat but i guess this is the most appropriate place since we do/don't know if iphone firmware upgrades will enable true
    Thanks

Default best a2dp adapter
    hey
    i have a thread in the iphone chit chat but i guess this is the most appropriate place
    since we do/don't know if iphone firmware upgrades will enable true a2dp, whats the best looking minimalistic iphone bluetooth adapter that works with the iphone ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fistikal For This Useful Post:

Rob_Ptty (01-24-2008)

Thanks

I've heard that the Motorola D650 (~ $50 USD on ebay) works well. The thing to look for is that the adapter connects via the Dock Port as opposed to the 3.5mm jack. Both will stream the music, but the Dock Port will allow control (if your A2DP enabled BT Headphones support music controls Audio/Video Remote Control Profile or AVRCP) of music. Jabra makes an adapter that is very similar to the D650. Hope that helps.

Thanks

thanks a lot
    i have been seeing that jabra a125 around

i also see another one that was released in november by gear 4 named the blustream tx that looks good but right now its only available from UK shippers

i need an option soon though, got the s9 jus sittin there,

i also have tried searching for the jabra reviews with iphone so it would be nice if you could tell me where u heard that they work well
    thanks a lot

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone confirmed a dongle that actually works via the dock connector. I have the s9's and it came with the motorola d650. The s9's pair up to the phone and work well. It has audio through the left speaker only. The d650 powers up when you connect it to the iphone and it connects to the s9's. When its connected you can control the ipod portion of the iphone but the audio plays from the iphone and all you here in the s9's are a slight static in both ear pieces as if it is awaiting the audio from the d650. Anyone please help.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

people in another forum say that the oakley and a sony one work, the motorola one doesnt.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered the Imuffs dongle and it should be coming in this week. They say it works but doesn't have full control over the ipod. I'm not to worried about full control, I just want something to get me wireless for my workouts. I'll post the results when I have them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well the imuffs piece works perfect with 1.1.3. It does control play/pause, track up and down, as well as volume. It also pauses the ipod when a call comes in and resumes after hangup depending on length of call. It seems to have very good range as well. Recommened highly.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Which A2DP Dongle have you used / would recommend? I have Moto S9 & Jabra BT 8010

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If I didn't require the charge-through feature only available in the BD-906 and rebrandings, I'd still have the Sony TMR-BT8iP. It's smaller than the rest, centered (most others are off-center like some iPod Nanos), and works well. Of course, it requires you to ignore/dismiss the "not made for iPhone" message... at least on a 3G. AFAIK, all the other adapteds, even the ones that don't mention it and claim 100% compatibility, do the same thing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (05-11-2009)

Thanks

I have iMuffs and they are the best I think

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fistikal View Post
    hey
    i have a thread in the iphone chit chat but i guess this is the most appropriate place
    since we do/don't know if iphone firmware upgrades will enable true a2dp, whats the best looking minimalistic iphone bluetooth adapter that works with the iphone ?

I have these
    DR-BT160IK | Bluetooth® Wireless Transmitter and Headset for iPod® | Sony | SonyStyle USA

They are AWESOME. The dongle is small and sleek...it almost feels like it is not there...thanks a lot apple

I also have the shure E2C's that are great, but not blue tooth, I take the ear bud adapters from these and put them on the Sony's and they act like noise canceling headphones becuase of they expand and then seal off around the ear. I mow the lawn using these and can barely hear the mower. I really recommend them with the use of these buds.!
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Replacement-Foams-E2c-Earphones/dp/B00029U0XG]Amazon.com: Shure Replacement Foams for E2c Earphones - Small 10 Pack (5 pairs): Electronics[/ame]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brianmarocco For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (05-11-2009)

Thanks

I use iLuv i151, but I recommend holding off. Rumor is that A2DP will be coming to iPhone very soon from Apple themselves.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I use iLuv i151, but I recommend holding off. Rumor is that A2DP will be coming to iPhone very soon from Apple themselves.
    Wait, rumor, or hope?

Hope != Rumor

AFAIK, I haven't seen anything but people "hoping" A2DP will be in 3.0 and no one claiming that they had any reason to believeit was or would be. Where can I find this "rumor" voiced? If you aren't confusing hopeful speculation for rumor, I'm sure it's recent.

EDIT: I see that it's confirmed now. w00t!
    Last edited by CZroe; 03-17-2009 at 06:41 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Spammers....please tell all your buddies about us, so we can kill them too

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I like the sony. Works good with my motorola s9-hds