Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone compatible wired remote

Default iPhone compatible wired remote
    The following iPod music remote just came in the mail today:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.84

It was so cheap, I was willing to risk trying it to see if it works with the iPhone. I'm happy to report that it does! The headphone cable requires a snug push, but it fits just fine in the headphone port of the iPhone (without an adapter), since the remote has its own headphone jack, this accessory doubles as a headphone jack adapter too.

All functions work great, even while the iPhone is locked (remote has it's own lock switch too). While the iPhone is locked, and not playing music with the screen off, the play button on the remote turns on the screen, plays the current music selection, and shows the current album art, before timing back out, and turning off the screen. Music continues to play, the remote allows you to pause, play, control the volume, and navigate to next/previous songs in the selection.

---------

On a side note, I ordered one of the FM radio remotes too, to try it out, it does NOT work on the iPhone.
    Last edited by BrakBrak; 12-06-2007 at 08:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrakBrak For This Useful Post:

forthatmatter (12-06-2007)

does the mic work thought the remote???

thats gonna be one long *** wire! i mean that remote and its wire then the wire from the normal ipod headphones. but i did want something like this though. thanks!!

I had bought one of those for my ipodvideo, have to try it. Cool if it works.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

cool looks like the thing that comes with the psp kinda
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbs500 View Post
    does the mic work thought the remote???
    yeah this is a good question...anyone have any idea? if you can still use the mic with this thing that would be amazing...but it looks like this thing is made for the ipod nano....so i am guessing the 3rd contact on the headphone connector is not there..anyone?
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage