+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shure Music Phone Adapter

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I dropped by the Apple Store Sunday to pick up some stuff and the sales associate told me of an item just in from Shure that is a microphone that
    Thanks
    Default Shure Music Phone Adapter
    I dropped by the Apple Store Sunday to pick up some stuff and the sales associate told me of an item just in from Shure that is a microphone that you plug your own headphones into. Now I can use my Etymotics and still answer calls!

The device consiste of a microphone and a button contained in a small pod surrounding a minijack. You plug the cord end into the iPhone and your earbuds of whatever type into the minijack. Viola! Very simple, operates just like the heaset supplied with the iPhone, even with music and changing tracks/pausing by clicking the button.

I even plugged my patch cord into the aux input on the stereo in my jeep and plugged that into the adapter. Instant through-the-speakers hands-free!
    Ride motorsickles?
    www.advrider.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great accessory.
    They are back ordered for a couple of months took a month for me to get mine.

Well worth the wait though.

The answer/remote button is a little hard to push for big hands

Quote Originally Posted by johntm View Post
    I dropped by the Apple Store Sunday to pick up some stuff and the sales associate told me of an item just in from Shure that is a microphone that you plug your own headphones into. Now I can use my Etymotics and still answer calls!

The device consiste of a microphone and a button contained in a small pod surrounding a minijack. You plug the cord end into the iPhone and your earbuds of whatever type into the minijack. Viola! Very simple, operates just like the heaset supplied with the iPhone, even with music and changing tracks/pausing by clicking the button.

I even plugged my patch cord into the aux input on the stereo in my jeep and plugged that into the adapter. Instant through-the-speakers hands-free!