+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom Bluetooth

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I recently bought a TomTom One LE, and i can not get it to to pair or even show up on my Iphone. I can connect my bluetooth headset just
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TomTom Bluetooth
    I recently bought a TomTom One LE, and i can not get it to to pair or even show up on my Iphone. I can connect my bluetooth headset just fine, but no luck with the TomTom. Any suggestions or tricks to get it to work?
    Thanks in advance, Jared

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bluetooth in iphone will pair only with headsets. I think is software limited, and maybe in the future someone will sort this out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It pairs perfectly OK with my TomTom Go 500, so headsets only is not strictly true...

Thanks

Even if you can pair your TOMTOM units with the iPhone, there's no program that currently exists which can make use of it. So its a moot argument.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can use my IPhone to Pair up with TOMTOM GO 720 and make and receive calls, but can not use the wireless features for weather and traffic, but it does work to make and receive calls on the speakerphone perfectly

Thanks

The TOMTOM GO 720 offers bluetooth for handsfree calling, however the TOMTOM ONE only has a bluetooth profile for traffic/weather. Since the only type of profile that the iPhone sees is the handsfree, it will not talk to the TOMTOM ONE.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    I can use my IPhone to Pair up with TOMTOM GO 720 and make and receive calls, but can not use the wireless features for weather and traffic, but it does work to make and receive calls on the speakerphone perfectly

Well I have the TOMTOM GO 710, which also have the bluetooth support, but this can not find my iphone at all, very disappointing. Does anyone else managed to get it to work on the 710? If so, can't see I'm doing anything wrong, as I've paired other phones!