+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] V-Moda Vibe Duo Headphones

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
V-Moda has provided me with a press kit for their Vibe Duo Headphones. V-MODA’s Vibe Duo headset is the ultimate in mobility, audio-enthusiast sound, and comfort. Featuring compatibility with iPhone
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Default [Review] V-Moda Vibe Duo Headphones

V-Moda has provided me with a press kit for their Vibe Duo Headphones. V-MODA’s Vibe Duo headset is the ultimate in mobility, audio-enthusiast sound, and comfort. Featuring compatibility with iPhone and amazing high-definition sound, Vibe Duo’s minimalist all-metal design integrates a discrete microphone that blends seamlessly with a durable black fabric cable and is remarkably lightweight. The microphone’s convenient call/music control button can easily switch between chatting on the phone and listening to your music library.

• These just look great, the silver colored accents really set them off.
    • Aluminum construction. Lightweight and and strong these things are built to last.
    • The chord is woven fabric. No cheap plastic to be stretched and destroyed on these things.
    • Three sizes of ear fittings. Comfortable, secure, custom fit for most anyone.
    • Black and clear ear fittings for your individual taste.
    • Microphone provides clear quality while on call.
    • Great sound. The stock iphone earphones do not compare. Solid bass, crisp highs, and clear mids.
    • Feature button allows you to switch from music to call, pause music, skip tracks, and end the call.
    • Great job blocking out outside noise so you can enjoy your tunes in peace.
    • Nice leather carrying pouch to store the headphones.

Dislikes

Conclusion

These headphones are great. The construction is of the highest quality and reeks of style. After using my stock Apple Earphones for a couple months I can not express how happy I am with the Vibe Duos. The sound quality is excellent, I have been using cheap earphones for so long I forgot what music really sounds like. Simply amazing, the difference is night and day.

These headphones fit great with absolute security. While you might think the all metal construction and the fabric wire would add weight, I haven't noticed a difference. They stay in your ears with comfort, and are secure enough for working out with no worry about them falling out, providing great sound the entire time.

While on the phone people can hear me talk clearly; the microphone seems to be just as high quality as the speakers providing clear communication. The feature button is conveniently located and provides all the functions that the original apple headphones do with out any problems.

Rating

9.8/10 --- not 10/10 just in case something out there is better, I don't know what could be better though.

Where to buy

Get your own pair from the MMi Store. Also available via the V-Moda Site.

More Pics

Get your product reviewed. Contact Me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool! I do have one unrelated question. Was it hard to exchange the back of the phone to black?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What a great surprise. I just ordered these headphones yesterday from the official V-moda website. Will be shipped in 5 days.
    Dell XPS M1710
    Intel CORE 2 DUO T7400 2.16 Ghz
    1 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce Go7900 GS 256 MB
    Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition

iPhone 8GB
    V1.1.4 Unlocked
    Youtube Working
    WiFi Working.

Thanks

Got these from Apple Online last week and I must say: amazing headphones.
    The only problem is getting use to in-ear headphones if you've never used them before.
    But the sound and design are amazing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeha i was just wondering but how did you change the back of your iphone to black?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    Cool! I do have one unrelated question. Was it hard to exchange the back of the phone to black?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny409 View Post
    yeha i was just wondering but how did you change the back of your iphone to black?
    its a pita and http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3144

this thread isn't the time or the place for those questions. thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I got these headphones with my $100 rebate about a month ago. They are spectacular in both looks and sound quality. I would not normally have paid $100 for headphones, but since I had the rebate, these are what I got. Very happy with that decision.

Green Apple
    Thanks

multiple reviews says that these stop working after 1 month of use, becuase of bad build quality

Green Apple
    Thanks

i recently ordered online. excited to use it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prootZ View Post
    multiple reviews says that these stop working after 1 month of use, becuase of bad build quality
    best to buy from a reliable source. rather than ebay...you will have piece of mind with the manufactures warranty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, have been using these for a couple of weeks without problem, and can say both mic, button and speaker buds work flawlessly.
    Also work great straight into my MBpro, although I had to turn down the bass EQ as the v-moda's supply heaps of bass. (well for earbud headphones anyway)

Only am wondering if they could make the plug body a little shorter, seems to stick out of the phone a long way, and might get caught or knocked easier than if it was a little shorter. Why not make the plug body 90 degree angle.... hint hint for product designers.
    Last edited by rbleeker; 11-24-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prootZ View Post
    yea,my sounded staticy on the left ear phone

Quote Originally Posted by slick2404 View Post
    best to buy from a reliable source. rather than ebay...you will have piece of mind with the manufactures warranty
    i bought 2 pairs from from the're offcial web site but one pair ended up a dud after like a month or two..
    mod edit, old signature removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey,

Thanks for the short review of these Headphones. Not much to complain about it but some things you should consider for your upcoming reviews so people have all information together in one place:

1. Where are the technical specifications of this product? Since you are writing a review this is a must include imho.

e.g. at least the following two information for Headphones with mic. These should be provided by the manufacturer on the packaging.

a. Frequency response of the headset and the microphone
    b. Sensitivity of the microphone

(Probably something I can find on the manufacturers website but I am here now and since it is a review why should I need to switch back an forth?)

Also some information about the cable length, and the diameter of those fittings would be great. Then you are mentioninig lightweight... How much is that? How much is the weight of the stock Headphones anyways?

2. Pictures

Pictures are saying more than thousand words. So why not get out the good digicam and make some decent pictures including macro close-ups of the mentioned specially coated cables, the microphone/control unit, the headset itself and last but not least the accessories.

3. Pros and Cons or as you say Likes and Dislikes

Come on. There is no product that does not have some cons or dislikes. I have not met a perfect product in this world so far. At least nothing that I could pay for.

4. The rating

9.8 out of 10? You don't leave yourself any room for future reviews. You do not mention any other comparisons than the stock Headphones. So compared to those this rating might be ok, but let's say another manufacturer send you a pair of their headsets and suddenly those offer also great sound quality but there the bass has more boom and therefore the highs have a not so clear sound? So depending on the music you prefer those might be the better choice.

Additionally you are telling that these are in-ear Headphones, but I know countless people who hate those things even if they usually provide somewhat better sound. So what about making a suggestion to try some in-ear headphones beforehand to get the idea before spending a lot of money for something that sounds but does not feel great for someone?

All in all some things you might consider for your next review. I could go on but you will figure out more issues by yourself for sure to provide your readers with more and more relevant information.

Best regards,

csc2ky

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to csc2ky For This Useful Post:

automat (11-27-2007), dsjef (11-25-2007), Wongster360 (11-25-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have these headphones... I agree with the reviews.. these headphones are great...

only 1 problem though... the button is too hard to find.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hah i got 1 for the dislikes, its not bose =P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just got these with my rebate and i love them

same complaint...button is hard to find

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Bluetooth ????
    Is there any bluetooth headsets that can be used with iphone ???
    I cant deal with the wires , I always have had bluetooth headsets ,
    they work with the iphone but not the music. Need help

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnstoy For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (11-28-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    hah i got 1 for the dislikes, its not bose =P
    all highs no lows, gotta be bose

anyway, my only gripe with them is that the mic controller is HUGE. they could've taken a cue from the stock ones and made it smaller and easier to get the button every time. other than that i think they are great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Read in another review that the cord wires pick up noise from your jacket, vibrating noise up to the ear. Anyone else had this problem?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I picked these up on black friday for the discount, but i don't have a button. When i was in the store, i noticed two models: the one you have, and the one i have. I'm not sure if i need the button?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast