+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] V-Moda Vibe Duo Headphones

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by shawnstoy Is there any bluetooth headsets that can be used with iphone ??? I cant deal with the wires , I always have had bluetooth headsets ,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnstoy View Post
    Is there any bluetooth headsets that can be used with iphone ???
    I cant deal with the wires , I always have had bluetooth headsets ,
    they work with the iphone but not the music. Need help

Nope.. not yet, I have a nice pair of Sony's I'd like to use....

Banned
    Thanks

I prefer Skullcandy headphones to be honest. 100 bucks for headphones is absurd. I'd rather buy shoes with that money, or at least a decent whore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    hah i got 1 for the dislikes, its not bose =P
    Yeah because who doesn't like overpriced **** that often can't match the sound accuracy and quality of stuff a tenth its price.

And honestly this "review" sounds more like an advertisement just because they sent you a free pair.

This is such a terrible community except for the native app development info and the guides. There's nearly no thought put into anything on here anymore.

EDIT: And the guy above me is either legally retarded, poor, or a mixture of both. $100 dollars for a set of headphones you only have to buy once and will last you a long time, or 20 bucks on a pair you'll have to replace 10 times because they keep breaking.
    And nice job publicly advertising the idea that you require a whore in order to get laid.

EDIT 2: Oh! And about bluetooth headphones for quality: Bluetooth can theoretically achieve roughly 750kbps in terms of it's bandwidth, which is more than enough for most music. The only real issue comes from people who want to listen to lossless quality music that is over 1mbps in bitrate, and battery life in that quality is often traded for longer life of the device on a single charge.

I'm sure that with more development in the area these could easily be overcome, but for the moment until the Bluetooth SIG (Special Interest Group) decide to release a new specification for bluetooth (e.g. bluetooth 2.0 or some such), we won't be seeing much better in the way of bandwidth increase. Besides, even with a new spec it'd require new hardware and iPhone 1st gen users wouldn't benefit.

My real interest is for a mix of an in car hands-free phone set and wireless bluetooth transmitter source for the stereo system in vehicles.

I have yet to see a company develop a good product that does all of this, but i'm sure that if done correctly it would work fantastically and be very popular.
    Last edited by missedagain; 11-27-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks

^ Was all that really necessary?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Uh... I've never seen cash NOT say when he doesn't like something, so it very well could be he just likes the headphones... What's wrong with that?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

nothing at all..
    some people are just mean.

:/

i went to their website,
    and the colors are :
    "chrome"
    "gunmetalrouge"
    and "Nero"

what the hell? nero? what color is that?
    there's no pictures showing them yet i guess.

ill probably buy myself some next month,
    since the stock headphones suck horribly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its red...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csc2ky View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the short review of these Headphones. Not much to complain about it but some things you should consider for your upcoming reviews so people have all information together in one place:

1. Where are the technical specifications of this product? Since you are writing a review this is a must include imho.

e.g. at least the following two information for Headphones with mic. These should be provided by the manufacturer on the packaging.

a. Frequency response of the headset and the microphone
    b. Sensitivity of the microphone

(Probably something I can find on the manufacturers website but I am here now and since it is a review why should I need to switch back an forth?)

Also some information about the cable length, and the diameter of those fittings would be great. Then you are mentioninig lightweight... How much is that? How much is the weight of the stock Headphones anyways?

2. Pictures

Pictures are saying more than thousand words. So why not get out the good digicam and make some decent pictures including macro close-ups of the mentioned specially coated cables, the microphone/control unit, the headset itself and last but not least the accessories.

3. Pros and Cons or as you say Likes and Dislikes

Come on. There is no product that does not have some cons or dislikes. I have not met a perfect product in this world so far. At least nothing that I could pay for.

4. The rating

9.8 out of 10? You don't leave yourself any room for future reviews. You do not mention any other comparisons than the stock Headphones. So compared to those this rating might be ok, but let's say another manufacturer send you a pair of their headsets and suddenly those offer also great sound quality but there the bass has more boom and therefore the highs have a not so clear sound? So depending on the music you prefer those might be the better choice.

Additionally you are telling that these are in-ear Headphones, but I know countless people who hate those things even if they usually provide somewhat better sound. So what about making a suggestion to try some in-ear headphones beforehand to get the idea before spending a lot of money for something that sounds but does not feel great for someone?

All in all some things you might consider for your next review. I could go on but you will figure out more issues by yourself for sure to provide your readers with more and more relevant information.

Best regards,

csc2ky
    Thanks for your candid suggestions. It is now on my list to buy a better camera, yeah 9.8 out of 10, hopefully in the future I will have to cheat and use a 11/10 scale

cable length - 32 in
    cable diameter - 0.09 in
    weight - 13 g

Didn't think about the in ear buds point, I am under the assumption ppl that are buying in ear earphones have some idea how they work, might be a bad assumption on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-tempered View Post
    I have these headphones... I agree with the reviews.. these headphones are great...

only 1 problem though... the button is too hard to find.
    I haven't personally had that problem, thanks for sharing your experience with everyone though

Quote Originally Posted by prootZ View Post
    multiple reviews says that these stop working after 1 month of use, becuase of bad build quality
    1 year warranties are ammmazing, and I can find more than adequate # of sources that say v-moda's customer service is top-notch to believe it as fact

Quote Originally Posted by rbleeker View Post
    yes, have been using these for a couple of weeks without problem, and can say both mic, button and speaker buds work flawlessly.
    Also work great straight into my MBpro, although I had to turn down the bass EQ as the v-moda's supply heaps of bass. (well for earbud headphones anyway)

Only am wondering if they could make the plug body a little shorter, seems to stick out of the phone a long way, and might get caught or knocked easier than if it was a little shorter. Why not make the plug body 90 degree angle.... hint hint for product designers.
    maybe they will listen not a personal issue for me but someone else might find the plug body length important as well

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    hah i got 1 for the dislikes, its not bose =P
    go buy some bose then

Quote Originally Posted by shawnstoy View Post
    Is there any bluetooth headsets that can be used with iphone ???
    I cant deal with the wires , I always have had bluetooth headsets ,
    they work with the iphone but not the music. Need help
    nope you need some sort of bluetooth transmitter to plug in, no A2DP (google it)

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    all highs no lows, gotta be bose

anyway, my only gripe with them is that the mic controller is HUGE. they could've taken a cue from the stock ones and made it smaller and easier to get the button every time. other than that i think they are great.
    At the time I wrote this review that had not bothered me in the slightest, since then it got colder and I have begun wearing coats the microphone housing has gotten caught on a jacket of mine a couple times . . . that annoyed me for a few moments

Quote Originally Posted by quixers View Post
    Read in another review that the cord wires pick up noise from your jacket, vibrating noise up to the ear. Anyone else had this problem?
    I have not experienced this problem

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    I picked these up on black friday for the discount, but i don't have a button. When i was in the store, i noticed two models: the one you have, and the one i have. I'm not sure if i need the button?
    the button is for controlling music and answering calls, its up to you if you need it

Quote Originally Posted by missedagain View Post
    Yeah because who doesn't like overpriced **** that often can't match the sound accuracy and quality of stuff a tenth its price.

And honestly this "review" sounds more like an advertisement just because they sent you a free pair.

This is such a terrible community except for the native app development info and the guides. There's nearly no thought put into anything on here anymore.

EDIT: And the guy above me is either legally retarded, poor, or a mixture of both. $100 dollars for a set of headphones you only have to buy once and will last you a long time, or 20 bucks on a pair you'll have to replace 10 times because they keep breaking.
    And nice job publicly advertising the idea that you require a whore in order to get laid.

EDIT 2: Oh! And about bluetooth headphones for quality: Bluetooth can theoretically achieve roughly 750kbps in terms of it's bandwidth, which is more than enough for most music. The only real issue comes from people who want to listen to lossless quality music that is over 1mbps in bitrate, and battery life in that quality is often traded for longer life of the device on a single charge.

I'm sure that with more development in the area these could easily be overcome, but for the moment until the Bluetooth SIG (Special Interest Group) decide to release a new specification for bluetooth (e.g. bluetooth 2.0 or some such), we won't be seeing much better in the way of bandwidth increase. Besides, even with a new spec it'd require new hardware and iPhone 1st gen users wouldn't benefit.

My real interest is for a mix of an in car hands-free phone set and wireless bluetooth transmitter source for the stereo system in vehicles.

I have yet to see a company develop a good product that does all of this, but i'm sure that if done correctly it would work fantastically and be very popular.
    you are mostly an idiot and / or a child. It costs much more than $100 to buy me, but one time only I will allow you to buy access to my site for the one time price of $100 since you are so intent on buying me. sorry this offer is not currently open for anyone else, just this special soul only

Contact me for my paypal, and have a nice day with your head lost in dark areas

Thanks

nods in agreement with cash. People are the funniest creatures on Earth.

Banned
    Thanks

these say xmas in my future

Thanks
    They look great and based on the reviews I will try them. I'll post here again with my opinion.

BTW, For the guy/girl who complained about the cost I can only say this; If spending $100 on a pair of quality headphones set's you back or doesn't make sense, then perhaps you should take a look at the iphone in your hand (which cost several times more than that) and ask yourself if you can really afford it!

What's next? Buying a 250k Ferrari and parking it in an apartment carport??????

Thanks

Has anyone else ordered the Gunmetal Rouge ones??? I placed my order 7 days ago, and their customer service is still saying they will ship in 7-10 days... I just wanted to see if anyone has these yet...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any idea this headphones can be used on computer for voip?

Thanks

My review:

They are not perfect. But they are very good.

Pros: Sound great. Since quality sound is the function of ear buds, they pass with flying colors. My preference is to put the EQ on POP and enjoy the sound you lost with the factory apple set.

Cons: 1.Not nearly as good as Bose (I have both). But Bose does not have the mic and clicker.
    2. Depending on the shape of your ear, the knurled metal accents may hurt your lower ear. This is even more prevalent if you use them while exercising.
    3. The clicker is hard to use. The button for the clicker is very small and you must search for it each time you need to pause or skip. It becomes cumbersome.
    4. If you lose the rubber fittings, you will have to pay for new ones. If you lose bose ends, Bose mails you them for FREE!

Overall, I would recommend them highly since there are no other choices. But if bose ever puts a mic and clicker on theirs, then Bose wins hands down in every way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    nods in agreement with cash. People are the funniest creatures on Earth.
    +1
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The Very best Iphone Earbuds are to be found at ultimatebuds.com they are $119

I have tested every single other bud out there and these are the very best. They have the best range and quality of any Ibud on the market.

If you trade in your stock Iphone earbuds you get a $30 discount because what they do in effect is remove your earbuds and put in these really expensive ones in its place.

Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah they're better than the stock ones. However, the clicker button is very hard to locate when your scrambling to answer a call, and the tight fit of the buds makes the bass in your voice very audible to you when talking. Feels like your humming to yourself when you talk - strange I know. But thems the breaks with buds like these I suppose. Would be interested to hear how the Bose in-ears sound. I had a pair of the Triport cans from Bose before and the ruled....

Thanks

I have a pair coming this week. Will let ya's know how I like them.

Cheers!
    BeerMan

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just got my pair of the vmodas and i would have to say they are way better than the bose ones hands down.. the bose ones were the first i bought.. after i bought them.. i plugged them in my iphone flew home from vegas and was disgusted by them when i landed.. returned them and got the vibes and liked them since i put them in..

dont flame me.. jus givin my .02c

Thanks

Mine finally came over the weekend and they sound great. Gotta love the bass in them...10x better than the iPhone earbuds.

Cheers!
    BeerMan