+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official CAR Hookup??

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Is there any official "made for iphone" car hookup to listen to music?? Christmas is coming up and this is something i would really like! If theres not, whats the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Official CAR Hookup??
    Is there any official "made for iphone" car hookup to listen to music?? Christmas is coming up and this is something i would really like! If theres not, whats the best hookup to listen to music through car stereo as well as charge?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I have a BMW M3 and i use the BMW iPod integration kit. It works AMAZINGLY. problem is it is only for BMW's.

These guys make a better one, i dont know which other car's they make it for. http://www.dension.com/main.htm

Alpine also sells a kit to hook up to their decks.

here is a pic of what mine looked like in my old car, in my M3 i moved it by the hand brake so i can still talk on the phone and once im done with my call, the music comes back on. it is the perfect hook-up for iPhone/iPod car integration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official CAR Hookup??-v1-push-button-start_1.jpg  

Thanks

Do not use a Belkin auto kit for a charger. You can modify the Belkin for audio output only, but so far they are dangerous to use for charging.

I would recommend buying a dock extension cable from cablejive, and the factory dock, and a usb car adapter.

wont be super clean, but you'll get safe charging, line output, and no nag screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does the iPhone work with old iPod connectors? I have a 2004 Mercedes E-Class with iPod connector, but I haven't tried it yet because of the charging issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bowl View Post
    Does the iPhone work with old iPod connectors? I have a 2004 Mercedes E-Class with iPod connector, but I haven't tried it yet because of the charging issue.
    yes, most of them do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clem-Clone For This Useful Post:

Bowl (11-26-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unfortunately the one I have (plugs into the aux port in my Pioneer HU) does, it will charge but that is about it how am I to illegally watch movies on my iphone instead of looking at the road!

Thanks
    Wow, that icelink setup is beautiful....