Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official CAR Hookup??

Default Official CAR Hookup??
    Is there any official "made for iphone" car hookup to listen to music?? Christmas is coming up and this is something i would really like! If theres not, whats the best hookup to listen to music through car stereo as well as charge?

I have a BMW M3 and i use the BMW iPod integration kit. It works AMAZINGLY. problem is it is only for BMW's.

These guys make a better one, i dont know which other car's they make it for. http://www.dension.com/main.htm

Alpine also sells a kit to hook up to their decks.

here is a pic of what mine looked like in my old car, in my M3 i moved it by the hand brake so i can still talk on the phone and once im done with my call, the music comes back on. it is the perfect hook-up for iPhone/iPod car integration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -v1-push-button-start_1.jpg  

Do not use a Belkin auto kit for a charger. You can modify the Belkin for audio output only, but so far they are dangerous to use for charging.

I would recommend buying a dock extension cable from cablejive, and the factory dock, and a usb car adapter.

wont be super clean, but you'll get safe charging, line output, and no nag screen.

Does the iPhone work with old iPod connectors? I have a 2004 Mercedes E-Class with iPod connector, but I haven't tried it yet because of the charging issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowl View Post
    Does the iPhone work with old iPod connectors? I have a 2004 Mercedes E-Class with iPod connector, but I haven't tried it yet because of the charging issue.
    yes, most of them do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clem-Clone For This Useful Post:

Bowl (11-26-2007)

unfortunately the one I have (plugs into the aux port in my Pioneer HU) does, it will charge but that is about it how am I to illegally watch movies on my iphone instead of looking at the road!

Wow, that icelink setup is beautiful....