+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SkullCandy GI's Modded with mic

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I got my GI's and was happy but they would work in my iphone, no music no nothing. Some people have been modding the plug which is cool but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SkullCandy GI's Modded with mic
    So I got my GI's and was happy but they would work in my iphone, no music no nothing. Some people have been modding the plug which is cool but this lets you get full functionality of the Iphone. I have searched far and wide and seemed to be the first to try this as my surprise.

I split apart the old Skullcandy Gi's and desoldered the wires. Took my original Apple ear buds and grinded them around the speaker till they popped out and then desoldered both left and right wires. Ran the Apple wires thru the case and soldered them in and WALLA! Now great sound and when someone calls your ringtone plays like usual. Now when Im skating or snowboarding I dont have to carry a mp3 player to enjoy my Skullcandies or just my iphone and no music thru these wonderful heaphones. Now best of both worlds, no loss in quality and in call is great. Only thing you loose is the volume control on the wire itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SkullCandy GI's Modded with mic-phpqzwoc6pm.jpg  

Thanks

Actually you missed the whole thread we have on this type of modding so, while welcome to a growing group of headphone/earbud modders. Looks like you did an excellent job. I did my AKGs last week and I've never been happier. I love the feel of the headphones thumping against my ears while I'm listening to music (ya, I listen to them that loud!).

I actually had a woman on the subway yesterday ask me to turn my music down cause she could not hear her music coming from her earbuds lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

I have wait so long for someone to do this! now I know I can do it!
    iPhone DJ headphones ftw!
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."