Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do bluetooth earbuds exist?

Default Do bluetooth earbuds exist?
    i would love a set of bluetooth headphone but the ones on the market right now are quite frankly hideous and cumbersome.

is there such a thing as earphone the size of earbuds but with bluetooth capability?

official apple headset

its pricey but really small.

sorry i mean for music, not simply a bluetooth headset...
    or does the apple one do both?

I would be interested in a Bluetooth pair of headphones too

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Bluetooth earbuds are technologically 5 years out. Two batteries syncing with two earbuds, the challenges are endless. Not to mention apple hasn't enabled A2DP on the iPhone. There is a set made by Sony out there but they are connected with a wire with a "pendant" like thing hanging to the middle of your chest with the button and controls, kinda ugly IMAO.
    Last edited by GreggSymington; 11-16-2007 at 09:32 AM.

yea, why even both...the bluetooth headphones out there right now are just ugly....

oh well, ill just have to wait 5 years i guess....
    aparently ad2p is possible....theres a guide on this site somewhere...possibly in general iphone chat...

tired of posting with children
    Last edited by skihound; 01-24-2008 at 04:03 AM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canadianiphone View Post
    yea, why even both...the bluetooth headphones out there right now are just ugly....

oh well, ill just have to wait 5 years i guess....
    aparently ad2p is possible....theres a guide on this site somewhere...possibly in general iphone chat...
    A2DP is not possible. The hack is to use the low bandwidth audio channel that is used for phone calls. It just keeps the audio channel open, the quality is horrible. Sounds like a 28kbs internet radio station.

I have a pair of bulky Motorola s805 's that I'm waiting to be able to use .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -left_soundpilot_360_eng.gif  
    Last edited by GreggSymington; 11-17-2007 at 05:07 PM.

CanadianiPhone, the answer to your question is YES! I have the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset DR-BT20NX - and with the *#307# hack, it works a great treat - with stereo sound and ample bass. And it's great for the PS3 online games as well

I also forgot to mention that you can answer and make calls (redial) from it as well. And the voice sound quality the receiver gets from your calls is excellent! as my mates tell me.
    Last edited by CapitalMan; 12-18-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here what you are looking for m8s.

8Bananas.com has released a Bluetooth dongle and Stereo Bluetooth Headset bundle that allows the iPhone to have A2DP capabilities !

and it is only $75 USD

check it out at http://www.8bananas.com/products/bd-905.html

tired of posting with children
    Last edited by skihound; 01-24-2008 at 04:01 AM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth unit works great with both Motorola S9 and 820's - only issue is the doggle sticking out of the bottom

I just got in Etymotics ER-88 (Ety8) - these are simply incredible true audiophile quality sound with the convenience of bluetooth. Works great with the iPhone all of my iPods and of course now Leopard supports it !!!!

Highly recommended worth the price of admission !! - Now if only apple would adopt the bluetooth to do this so I don't have to use the dongle.

Thanks

i dont know if buds would work. For example, how would they fit all that into small earbuds.(also it would be too easy to lose them)
    Last edited by iPinch; 01-12-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: misspelled into

I got the Fiyaa!

New battery tech would need to be developed...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

i've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. I was playing my iPhone via my Alpine CDA-9885 Headunit.. got a phone call.. disconnected.. called back while the party was calling me.. talked.. then hung up both calls.. then got music coming to my Jawbone headset for a second. So A2DP is possible but i guess apple blocked it or something. and yeah i did sound like internet radio..

Default here you go
    I think this is what you are looking for. i am going to get these when they update the software to accommodate music via bluetooth.

http://www.shop.jabra.com/jabra/Shop...temskuid=13343

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Battery life on both the phone (or ipod) and the earbuds would be horrendous. Sound quality would also be degraded (by some degree, no matter how small). Are people really that bothered by a thin cable going from your ears to your pocket? Really the only practicality of this would be listening to music in places you aren't supposed to and (maybe) keeping your player on the desk and working around the house or something. For that I would just invest in some nice speakers (like I already have)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

To the best of my knowledge, the iPhone does not allow streaming of multimedia via bluetooth. Only the "jawbone" bluetooth headsets for phone calls. In saying that, the iPhone's bluetooth is garbage and hopefully we will start seeing some third party apps who can unlock it and make better use of it.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

oakley icombi is a bluetooth dongle works great with the motorola s9 and 2g and 3g iphone
    Last edited by freshfitz; 08-01-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast