+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Car Holder/FM Transmitter with Rotate?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I know of lots of FM transmitters released prior to the iPhone but is there anything out there designed specifically for the iPhone? For example I want a FM transmitter,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Car Holder/FM Transmitter with Rotate?
    I know of lots of FM transmitters released prior to the iPhone but is there anything out there designed specifically for the iPhone?

For example I want a FM transmitter, Holder and Charger for the iPhone while in the car. There are lots of iPod ones out at the moment that will work but I want one that will rotate so I can browse music in coverflow while using the FM.

That would be sweet to have in the car but nobody seems to have come up with one yet. Anyone else seen anything that will do the job?
    Last edited by HexusOdy; 11-14-2007 at 10:01 AM.

jam
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ebay i have seen i few holders that rotate ^^

Green Apple
    Thanks

so I can browse music in coverflow while using the FM.
    I hope you are not going to be driving, right?
    Most of the adapters right now are designed for the old ipods, they work but you get the message from the iphone that you can't receive calls while using the adapter; I guess you can call it airplane mode and some of them rotate; just what you looking for if you can live with the inconvenience of airplane mode all the time.
    Last edited by regzgz; 11-14-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HexusOdy View Post
    I know of lots of FM transmitters released prior to the iPhone but is there anything out there designed specifically for the iPhone?

For example I want a FM transmitter, Holder and Charger for the iPhone while in the car. There are lots of iPod ones out at the moment that will work but I want one that will rotate so I can browse music in coverflow while using the FM.

That would be sweet to have in the car but nobody seems to have come up with one yet. Anyone else seen anything that will do the job?
    The new Belkin is nice.....and it rotates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Which Belkin?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Which Belkin?
    This one........

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=390447

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regzgz View Post
    so I can browse music in coverflow while using the FM.
    I hope you are not going to be driving, right?
    Most of the adapters right now are designed for the old ipods, they work but you get the message from the iphone that you can't receive calls while using the adapter; I guess you can call it airplane mode and some of them rotate; just what you looking for if you can live with the inconvenience of airplane mode all the time.
    you don't need to put the phone into airplane mode, it asks you but you don't need to do it.

I have a FM transmitter, its just a cord that plugs into the iphone (its a ipod transmitter) works just fine.

also in my other car, its ipod ready, i use the iphone in it, tell me that its not a iphone accessory and if i want to goto airplane mode, i say no and everything works like normal.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

flipto (11-19-2007)

Thanks

i use the ICUP....and i get interference like crazy if im not in airplane mode....help me on that one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does the belkin works on a hacked iphone running firmware 1.0.2? I loved the model you showed us =)

Is there any car kit that would work fine with my iphone? I have seen many and some of them says that can mute the car stereo while having a conversation, have you tried one of those?

Thank you !

Rene

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ADMEDIA View Post
    Does the belkin works on a hacked iphone running firmware 1.0.2? I loved the model you showed us =)

Is there any car kit that would work fine with my iphone? I have seen many and some of them says that can mute the car stereo while having a conversation, have you tried one of those?

Thank you !

Rene
    It works perfectly hacked or otherwise. Yes it asks if you want to go into airplane mode but just say no. The sound is fantastic and the only interference is when you have a call coming in.....but that's a good thing. You can have the music cranked and never miss a call cuz you didn't hear it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkay View Post
    It works perfectly hacked or otherwise. Yes it asks if you want to go into airplane mode but just say no. The sound is fantastic and the only interference is when you have a call coming in.....but that's a good thing. You can have the music cranked and never miss a call cuz you didn't hear it.
    why would it matter? if your listening to music, then when you have a call, it SHOULD!!! cut the music out, ring thru your radio, silent while you are on the phone, then turn the music back on after you hang up. THIS is the best feature about this whole phone/ipod deal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

These Belkin Tunebase FM 2's are impossible to find in the USA and if that wasn't bad enough I'm in the UK!

Been looking for someone in the US with stock who ships to Europe but can't even find anyoe with stock who ships to the US!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a mercedes c230 2005 anyways I followed this link http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...od+integration and plug the phone right in. The main purpose was just for the music but tried making a call and it works perfectly the other side can hear me well even if the phone is just laying on the pass side seat. the microphone on the iphone works great and the other caller can hear me loud and clear.

Green Apple
    Thanks

These Belkin Tunebase FM 2's are impossible to find in the USA and if that wasn't bad enough I'm in the UK!

Been looking for someone in the US with stock who ships to Europe but can't even find anyoe with stock who ships to the US!
    Future Shop in Canada has them. Not sure if they'll ship to the UK but worth a try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I made one out of one of these:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=257270

(Belkin tune base for iPod NANO),

and the Belkin clear acrylic shell:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=374513

I got both of them real cheap at a Ham Radio show (I think I paid about $5 each for them), and I acually did most of the cutting and filing with just a leatherman tool. A little plastic model glue, and I have something that looks much like the bigger Tunebase.

It works, and holds the phone perfectly, but it is a little finiky when you first plug the phone in. Appearently it is specifically trying to talk to an iPod Nano. After jumping in and out of the iPod App a few times, it is fine, and the FM xmtr works. Due to the fact that a Nano has a much smaller battery than the iPhone, it seems to charge very slowly if at all. I need to try it some more, but if I find that it is not at least keeping up with usage, I will have to trash it.
    Mobile Linux? Got That.
    Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2x, Motorola A780
    Visit Linuxslate.com New Forums just starting

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope. Futureshop no stock either.