Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple vs. Jawbone Bluetooth Headset?

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Default Apple vs. Jawbone Bluetooth Headset?
    Which one should I get? I am leaning towards the Jawbone, but the Apple headset has all the cool stuff with it. Tomorrow is my birthday and I would like to here some opinions of both headsets from people that have them. The reviews I have read on both headsets are pretty even.

last time i checked the iphone bluetooth headset doesnt include military grade noise canceling. I own two JAWBONES. Ask yourself "is he satisfied....?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotthrill View Post
    last time i checked the iphone bluetooth headset doesnt include military grade noise canceling. I own two JAWBONES. Ask yourself "is he satisfied....?"
    Hilarious! ROTFL!!! Thanks for the sarcastic, but very honest opinion. That is why I am leaning towards Jawbone. On the other hand, I like the small size of the Apple headset.

Does the Jawbone noise canceling work well when the wind is blowing? Say I am walking down the street and the wind is blowing, not hard, but average speed.

Thanks

Noise canceling only works to cancel the noise for the listener on the other end. You're obviously going to hear the noise but the technology enables whoever you're talking to not to hear that background noise, that way they hear everything you said.

Thanks

Well even though nobody hardly responded to my thread, I think I am going with the Black Jawbone. Thanks!

there's a few things you need to consider. The jawbone is a great headset and has superior sound quality. My only complaint was that it looks like a tumor on your face. The Apple one, on the other hand, looks much better, is more comfortable in your ear, comes with a dock that holds your phone and your headset, synchronizes with it by just plugging it into the dock, and your iphone even shows the battery life of the headset too- also comes with a travel cable on top of that, and the sound quality is pretty good, but not as good as the jawbone. So there are few things to consider. You have to see what you value most.

Thanks

Well here's what I'm going to do, I am going to get the jawbone headset and try it out, then I will return it and get the apple headset. I will see which one I like best and go with it.

Thanks
    amalone87,

check out my review if you have not already...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132

I personally love my apple headset... if you really want the noise cancellation, and you don't care about carrying a small remote control on the side of you face, then get the jawbone...

If you like style and convenience... get the apple...

obviously, I'm joking since I absolutely love my apple bluetooth compared to my jawbone... the real kicker for me was the fact that the apple was alot louder than any other headset I've tried, which for me, made up for the fact that it didn't have noise cancellation. It's super small, battery life is great, pairs so easily with the iphone, comes with two dual charging options (the dual dock and the dual travel charger), it's amazingly light, and it fits great in the ear without diggin deep into you ear canal.

by the by, anyone wanna buy a jawbone? hardly used?

Thanks

Thanks for the great review. You convinced me to get the Apple headset. I am going to get of tomorrow night and after I use it for a good amount of time, I will give a review of it. I still want to see if the Jawbone headset is all that its hyper up to be. Like I said earlier, all the reviews for it are sketchy. I guess it is just one of those things that you have to try it for yourself.

Muxi! You should have convinced amalon87 to only buy YOUR slightly used JAWBONE!!! LOL!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    Muxi! You should have convinced amalon87 to only buy YOUR slightly used JAWBONE!!! LOL!!
    Well if I did that then I couldn't return it...I would rather buy from Apple.

if you talk on the phone a lot JAWBONE is the way to go. anything else would just be well.. another stylish bluetooth headset. ive tried both in the buzzing streets of nyc and I STILL PREFER JAWBONE over apple/jabra ~ stylish/fashionist headsets

PS: my preference is onto something more MANLY than fancy =)

Thanks

Well I went to the Apple store and they were sold out of the Apple Bluetooth headset so I got the black Jawbone headset. My first impresion of it after opening it was not good. I didn't like the feel of it (it almost felt cheap). Anyways I got to use it for a good amout of time today at work and it is by far the best I've ever owned. The sound quality was excellent, felt good in my ear (once I got the right earloop and earpiece), the noise canceling is awesome (it doesn't cancel out wind very well), and I got a ton of compliments. The noise canceling was really the only reason why I wanted the headset because I drive with my windows down all the time, but after talking on it today and the other person said that they could hear wind I thought to myself that this headset is overly priced and overly hyped. I am going to get the Apple headset when they get them in stock because of the size factor, integration with the iPhone, and the cool docking features. I can't wait for it to be in stock!

Why I love my Apple bluetooth headset
    -Looks awesome. Small, simple, no obnoxious flashing blue light.
    -The combo iPhone/headset charger. Every other headset I've owned (Motorola, Logitech, Plantronic, Jabra) had their own stupid charger that I would always forget to bring on a trip.
    -Fits great. I just pop it in and go. I always hated messing with the stupid rubber ear hook things.
    -Sound quality is decent. Not great, but not bad. Everyone who calls me says I sound nice and clear when using the headset. (which I guess is the biggest factor)

This is a definite form over function device. The Jawbone is the best headset on the planet. If you talk a lot in loud places, and/or the iPod earbuds don't fit you, then stick with the Jawbone. (even if it does look like a metal tumor on the side of you face.)

Quote Originally Posted by amalone87 View Post
    Well even though nobody hardly responded to my thread, I think I am going with the Black Jawbone. Thanks!
    Have been an Apple user since the mid 80's. I really trust the brand and will eventually get an Apple headset. I bought a Plantronics unit initially, but it gave me trouble right out of the box. I took it right back, bought a "Jawbone" and am happy as a lark.

I made a mistake by dropping it in water. I pulled it out immediately, poured alcohol over it, dried it as best I could and within 4 hours had a fully functioning headset . . . That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

It has fragile ear hangers though, so watch it.

Thanks

The Apple headset is very small in size and has a good voice quality. The fit worried me though because it felt like it was going to slip out. All-in-all I give Apple the edge by just a bit because of the cool dock and cable iphone headset battery pics, but the jawbone is also a great headset. I just don't talk enough on the phone to justify $129.

the apple earpiece is by far one of the best I have ever owned, and I have had plenty of them, Its sound quality is best one yet and fits perfect into my ear.

Thanks

I agree, apple is way better.
    My friend has the jawbone, I don't have the heart to tell him he looks like an idiot with it... lol

Default Hey I want the Jawbone that is for sale !
    heh heh !

i choose function over form every day. Luckily with Apple you mostly don't have to.

I left my cell phone in my pants and it went through the washing machine cycle and I pulled it out and flushed it with distilled water and dried it in the toaster oven at 150 degrees F and it is still being used. The Lion battery went to the dead zone however.
    Last edited by iPhonatical; 08-13-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I plan to dent the universe.

http://iPhonatical.com
    http://omegadogs.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I went with Apple bluetooth. Its nice and small and easy to slip on when there's a call. I don't like wearing it all day like its a fashion thing.
    I thought about the jawbone but its 3 times the size of Apple's and you have to wear it around your ear, Jawbone is harder to slip on, IMO.

Well, so far I like it (Apple's). Apple bluetooth headset works as advertised.
    Nice and small, easy to slip on and off. One thing I don't like although I'm not sure if its the iPhone or the bluetooth headset that's the problem. That is I have to pair and unpair too many times. It ought to know and auto resync when I turn it on but it don't. Anyone know how to change default pin of 0000 to something else ? thanks.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 09-25-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast