+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple vs. Jawbone Bluetooth Headset?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was also debating between the two. I read on the apple store reviews from a lot of people getting static issues. Any validty to those complaints? People are complaining
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I was also debating between the two. I read on the apple store reviews from a lot of people getting static issues. Any validty to those complaints? People are complaining about static pike its out of range even tho the iPhone is in their pocket.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i ordered the apple headset but only thing im worried about is not staying in my ear

Thanks

for those of you who has an apple bluetooth and it fits in your ear...lucky you because it doesn't fit in my ear, i can't even keep the earphones that came with my iphone to stay in. so i used plantronics 665 which also has great quality sound but comes with 3 different size ear piece...and is sleek looking. i don't have talk loud but can hear the other line very clear.
    Last edited by nxovkin; 09-28-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
    iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
    The New iPad 64GB JB
    15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
    24" Apple Display

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I own the apple headset and like it's size and the fact that it complements the iphone in style, ease of use, and versatility. The only flaw is that the voice quality is average (and this is being optimistic). I have to raise my voice in 9/10 phone conversations even if I'm in a quiet environment.

It's basically a judgment call:
    If you are use to having non business like calls, and donít care if you have to raise your voice or repeat yourself from time to time then go for the apple headset.
    On the other hand if you tend to have conference calls/business calls and sound quality is a detrimental factor then go for the Jawbone.

Hope it helps.

FYI: If you donít like either then you could consider the Bang and Olufsen (itís $400.00 worth dough).

Hope this helps,

Mario

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

apple is the way to go man...combo dock for phone and bluetooth. doesnt look like a cheese grater on your ear nor does it have the "lighthouse" beacon on your ear that gets annoying.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I owned both. I returned my Jawbone for the Apple BT.

The Jawbone is clearer and overall the better headset in terms of voice quality. I, however, couldnt get any combo of ear buds or ear hoops to fit at all... and well... Its big.

I just think people look ridiculous with that crap on... especially the people who wear them all day long and EVERYWHERE. I mean seriously... I see people at restaurants eating with friends and family with those things on!! I didnt want to look like one of those people.

The Apple BT is just nice, simple, small, and no damn blinking lights. The dual dock and travel cable are deal sealers (especially considering Apple's pricing scheme)... the auto pairing and overall integration with the iPhone is just beyond great. Its easy to pop in when a call comes in. The Apple BT doesnt have the same range as the Jawbone, nor does it have the best voice quality... but its many other features make it the better buy.

Thanks

I got a Pansonic or something headset, i would feel bad if i spent $129 on a earpeice.

Thanks

Love the Jawbone Aliph. Top Voice quality and the marvelous Voice shield feature. I believe there is 6 weeks waiting for your order.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think you should check out the plantronics 665 it is VERY small and lightweight. It also has dsp and IMO sound quality is just as good as the jawbone (I own two jawbones and 4 665). I have been through a lot of bt and these two are the only ones I would buy, though I have yet to try the apple one. But from what i've researched the apple bt has no voice cancellation. Because of the jawbones size the 665 wins hands down and being that i am a courier and am constantly in my car i love the car charger for the 665. I just slip it in and its starts charging, also very comfortable too over the jb.

Thanks

I was considering both the Apple BT headset and the Jawbone, especially since I got Apple to give me the $100 store credit (which I totally didn't qualify for, but got anyway. ) Frankly, I don't care what people think of how I look when I wear a BT headset; when I got my first one (a Jabra BT200), I vowed to never use a cell phone that didn't have BT and to never hold a phone to my ear again. 95% of the time I'm using my BT headset; the other 5%, the battery is dead and I used a wired set.

I like the Apple BT headset integration, but I want - and need - noise cancelling. I need clear sound. And the Jawbone is the best headset for that, period. Sure, it doesn't block wind noise, especially when my top is down on my convertible, but then again, NO BT headset can make that claim. Plus, I need adjustable ear loops and ear pieces, since I have a hard time getting a good fit. I'm currently using a Motorola RAZR H3 BT headset I got for free with my SLVR purchase a little over a year ago; actually, I'm on my third one, since Motorola has replaced it twice now since I use it so much I wear it out.

The final decision for me was the Jawbone, based on user reviews, both good and bad. The only "bad" things I've seen are people commenting on how it LOOKS, which I don't care about (I'm also a "function over form" type of guy), but even those people agree it's the best-sounding BT headset out there, bar none. With my Apple $100 store credit, I picked it up for $21.35 shipped, and it should be here Tuesday.

I can't wait.

Thanks

Well, I got my Jawbone headset last night. And after using it for all of 10 minutes, it's going back to Apple.

Firstly, as others have said, I couldn't get it to fit my ear correctly. Yes, it is big...bigger than other BT headsets. The earloop just - any of them, lef tor right - just doesn't fit my ear correctly. It falls off WAY too easily, feels like it's sticking out way too much, and all in all, just doesn't "feel" right.

But the deciding factor? The sound is TINNY! (That's not "tinny" as in small, it's "tinny" as in metalic-sounding.) Where's the "crystal clear" sound the Jawbone is supposed to have? I placed a few calls, and recorded my voice using it (with both the noise-cancelling feature on and off; that makes a difference, but either way, it's still VERY tinny), then listened to myself. Not impressed at all. My Motorola RAZR H3 Bluetooth headset sounds clearer, and it's a year old! Plus it fits much better.

I've got to call Apple today to exchange it, and I'm going to go with the Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset. It's $10 more, and hopefully they still allow me to (re)use my $100 store credit, which means it'll cost me $32.09 for it.

Jawbone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

after reading a lot of reviews, I had to go with the Jawbone.
    fortunately, the ear loop fit my ear. i can't really find any complaints about it.
    the battery life is very good, sound quality is top of the line....i personally like the finish and the fact you can get it in black or grey *something dark*
    IMO the all white apple headset looks like it's for a teenager.

haha...just saw the apple headset in black.

Jawbone.

just kidding
    Last edited by iFokust; 11-29-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll stick to my jawbone. Yes, it's bigger than the cutsy apple headset, but as it has been mentioned before, the jawbone has superios noise canceling hardware/software.

As far as the sound being tinny? You might want to try another jawbone. You won't get Er4 sound ouf of one, but it shouldn't sound tinny either.

Thanks

Not gonna waste my time trying another Jawbone. Like I said, it doesn't fit right (and a different one won't change that), and the tinny sound turned me off. I already sent it back to Apple (they even paid return s/h by emailing me a pre-paid FedEx return label), and said they'd credit the $100 back to the gift card so I could use it again.

I'll be ordering the Apple iPhone BT headset in black as soon as they do.

Thanks

Just an FYI...I am really impressed with Apple's custoemr service. Firstly, when I ordered the Jawbone, it came with free s/h. When I returned it (the next day), they sent me a pre-paid shipping label via email, and they paid the s/h back to them (no cost to me whatsoever.) Very nice.

Ordered the Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset, which also came with free s/h, and got it yesterday. After using it for a half-dozen or so calls, I am very, very happy with it.

I posted a mini-review of it, in case anyone wants to read it.

Bottom line: the iPhone Bluetooth headset actually has better call clarity, volume, and background noise cancellation than the Jawbone I had. I am quite pleased with the Apple headset, and it's my recommendation now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, you guys have convinced me to get a Jawbone. Gonna pick one up this Christmas as a gift for myself !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sprung for the bang-olufsen...it is extremely exquisite and the sound quality is amazing. I'm selling my jawbone 2 to a friend of mine...its that much better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grifjerry View Post
    MOST HORRIBLE PHOTOS!

Those pictures are the most scary ones I ever see.

There are more in his gallary.

WTF, why would you click on an obvious spam link?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12