+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silicon cases.

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does anyone use those silicon cases? Can anyone give some feedback on them? It seems they are the only case out there that either is not to bulky or you
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Silicon cases.
    Does anyone use those silicon cases? Can anyone give some feedback on them? It seems they are the only case out there that either is not to bulky or you cant see the phone.

Cheers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hate it.

if you put it in you pockets...
    dont plan on getting it out in time to answer a call or with out standing up.
    they stick to the inside of you pocket and SUCK!
    also get covered in lent.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Damned Catholic holidays... Gotta cover everything.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sXe805 View Post
    hate it.

if you put it in you pockets...
    dont plan on getting it out in time to answer a call or with out standing up.
    they stick to the inside of you pocket and SUCK!
    also get covered in lent.

Ouch hehe.

Other than that, are they safe for the phone? Does the phone need to "breathe" or would it be ok to have it in one? I am using a full case at the moment, its nice, but I like to be able to play around with my phone without having to always pull it out of the case, just want to be able to press some buttons and go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xarra1972 View Post
    Ouch hehe.

Other than that, are they safe for the phone? Does the phone need to "breathe" or would it be ok to have it in one? I am using a full case at the moment, its nice, but I like to be able to play around with my phone without having to always pull it out of the case, just want to be able to press some buttons and go
    I have a smooth silicon skin myself, and Im pretty happy with it. It does stick to your pockets, but that is what I wanted because I want it to stay in my pocket if Im running or something. I think its safe for your phone, and it does protect your phone pretty well...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info. I think ill give one a shot

Thanks

Also, there are silicon cases like the sport grip backwinder that use a clip so that you can have the all over coverage of the silicon, w/ the benefit of a clip. I'll post a mini review once mine comes in the mail...

Green Apple
    Thanks

That clip would be handy, let us know how it goes

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would rather use it without any cover. but, i'm scared of dropping the phone.

so, a silicon skin is the better compromise since you can pick it up & answer a call right away.

Thanks

In a perfect world, we would never need cases! But yeah... I've tried going "comando" w/ my ROKR E6, well... Let's just say that was a bad idea...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default leather case
    instead of using silicone case, i select up leather case, ur opinions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why would silicon stick? Silicon is a metal. I guess we're talking silicone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vv01 View Post
    instead of using silicone case, i select up leather case, ur opinions?
    Thats not a bad case, but I hate that big cover that clips over the phone. The reason I like the silicone case is easier to just pick up and take a call or mess around with it as you have access to the screen straight away like trov said.

Thanks

The problem that I see in leather cases is that they tend to be either really nice looking and feeling, or really crappy- like you are in your first semester @ design school, and crapped something out one night after heavy drug usage. :P. My father has always been partial to leather cases though, and no matter how good they look in the pics online or even in the store, it just never really gives the phone the credit it deserves.

IMO the iPhone is pretty hawt. And a leather case will only take away from that. But then again a similar issue is brought up when discussing silicone (Do we really need to be THAT correct?) cases- That rubber is ugly. But personally, I like the look much better w/ a skin tight rubber/silicone than that of a not so secure leather/metal/plastic case. Just my opinion though...

Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you or whomever (like my father) may find things attractive that I find hideous... But thats free thinking for ya...

BTW: I recieved my Marware Sport Grip Backwinder today.. I only need to wait until the 17th, so that I'll have an iPhone to put it in lol. I just received word that mi amigo may be coming to town tonight, so I could use his iPhone as a model. But I also wanted to have a full review w/ pics... I could at least give a 'First Look' opinion.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-09-2007 at 08:34 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got the Momax silicon case for the iPhone the first day I got the phone. I love it. Couldn't ask for a better case. Doesnt make it look bulky at all and I love the dark black color. and the grip pad at the back of the case ensures it doesnt slip or fall out of your pocket. only downside is it does catch a few lint here and there but it's easy to wipe off anyway.

Momax Silicon Case for the Apple iPhone :

http://www.momax.net/upload/product/19293.jpg

mine's the dark black version... picture shows the white/clear one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats what I got, cept I got a clear one and a black one, only use the black one, works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

didnt work for me tonight.... case is fine but my shattered screen is a problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had the silicon incase for about 2 months

its started to warp around the edges--apple store guy said it was either the heat from charging or from taking it on and off

sticks to your pocket like everyone said

Thanks

I've had my Marware Sport Grip Backwinder for almost a week, and I must say that it does the job! I like the headphone management, and the coverage too. It may be a bit on the thick side, but that's fine with me. I'd rather have a no scratch'd iPhone, than a 'customized' iPhone (if you catch my drift )