+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speakers?

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a nice portable solution for speakers for my iPhone. I know that a lot of speakers DO work, but what should I look for
    Thanks

Default Speakers?
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a nice portable solution for speakers for my iPhone. I know that a lot of speakers DO work, but what should I look for as far as buying one (as far as compatibility is concerned). I heard somewhere about a universal dock adapter?

Also, where is a good place to buy them? I don't imagine that apple has a huge selection in the store. And finally, I'm looking for something at < $150.00 USD, any suggestions? Things like a remote are nice, but not necessary. Thanks!
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 10-29-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tried out a little system in Target the other day that sounded pretty good. (much better than most ipod systems)

I think it was this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MU2SY4/...4&linkCode=asn

It doesn't have a ton of power, but the sound quality is pretty good.

Banned
    Thanks

Default ipod speakers
    my experience with ipod is rather good!
    To Imahottguy
    i am not sure these ipod speakers fit u or not, but i am using one of them well, which is a friend suggest me! u may looking around ! Wish u Good Luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone speaker
    i have the logitech mm50 portable speaker set and it was worth every penny. It is a cross between small portable speakers and ipod dock speakers. I use it with my 1st gen nano, ipod classic and now the iphone. The sound quality is amazing for the size of these speakers. It may not be the richest sound or have the richest sound or the deepest base but they are pretty loud and do pack a punch for their small size. It is the most popular ipod portable speaker system and you wont be disapointed. It even has a built in recargeable battery so u can bring to the beach. The avg battery life of the speakers is 10hrs! Which is amazing. Also it comes wih sylish carrying case and a tiny remote. The remote functions can differ depending on different ipods. For example, my friends 1st gen nano works fine with the remote. It changes he song properly n also te volume increases/decreases on the actuall ipod. However my 1st gen nano it doesnt seem to be as compatible. The remote cannot skip songs and the volume works on the remote but the volume doesnt get visually changed on the ipod. My ipod classic also has the same problems with the remote but can skip songs though. But as for the iphone it works perfectly. Vol on the screen of the phone gets changed, remote works perfectly too. Other than the remote isssues it works great. And i got mine for only 50 for a refurb model. When i actually got my speakers in the mail they were brand new not even refurbed. Check out factorydirect.ca n type in the search bar mm50 n u can choose between white or black. And if u find if u cannot order them since its a canadian site u can find them on ebay for aroind the same price. So i hope that helps and if you're worried about the compatibility go to bestbuy n buy it try it out n just return them once uve completed ur testing. So give these speakers a serious look cuz u wont b disapointed! After shipping n taxes it costed 62.30 for me n it was the best investment ive made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone speaker
    i have the logitech mm50 portable speaker set and it was worth every penny. It is a cross between small portable speakers and ipod dock speakers. I use it with my 1st gen nano, ipod classic and now the iphone. The sound quality is amazing for the size of these speakers. It may not be the richest sound or have the richest sound or the deepest base but they are pretty loud and do pack a punch for their small size. It is the most popular ipod portable speaker system and you wont be disapointed. It even has a built in recargeable battery so u can bring to the beach. The avg battery life of the speakers is 10hrs! Which is amazing. Also it comes wih sylish carrying case and a tiny remote. The remote functions can differ depending on different ipods. For example, my friends 1st gen nano works fine with the remote. It changes he song properly n also te volume increases/decreases on the actuall ipod. However my 1st gen nano it doesnt seem to be as compatible. The remote cannot skip songs and the volume works on the remote but the volume doesnt get visually changed on the ipod. My ipod classic also has the same problems with the remote but can skip songs though. But as for the iphone it works perfectly. Vol on the screen of the phone gets changed, remote works perfectly too. Other than the remote isssues it works great. And i got mine for only 50 for a refurb model. When i actually got my speakers in the mail they were brand new not even refurbed. Check out factorydirect.ca n type in the search bar mm50 n u can choose between white or black. And if u find if u cannot order them since its a canadian site u can find them on ebay for aroind the same price. So i hope that helps and if you're worried about the compatibility go to bestbuy n buy it try it out n just return them once uve completed ur testing. So give these speakers a serious look cuz u wont b disapointed! After shipping n taxes it costed 62.30 for me n it was the best investment ive made.

Thanks

Dude... I'm SO buying those! They have refurbs on eBay for as low as $58 USD SHIPPED!! My friend has the iM3, and I thought that it sounded great, but then I read the iLounge review for the mm50's, and they actually mentioned it beating the iM3's in terms of bass and sound. So yeah... I'm soooo buying one as soon as I get the $$ lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just picked up a Griffin Journi http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/journi/
    Works really well with my iphone. I was a little worried when I first connected it, as my phone gave me a "not compatible" warning. But it's completely compatible, even the remote. You can probably find a good deal on eBay.

Thanks

Thumbs up Logitech mm50
    mm50 owner here, too. They kick ***...having an internal rechargeable battery in addition to great sound quality and a remote make them a perfect fit for my needs. And TRY to find a negative review of these suckers...owners just love them!

Plus, the price is excellent.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

I am def getting them... How well does the iPhone fit in the dock w/ the adapters? I've heard that w/ the big adapter, the iPod Classic fits just fine, so does the iPhone as well?

I read about the Griffin Journi, and the review was good, but it can't be had for less than ~ $80.00 USD... >.< Nonetheless, it seemed to be a pretty solid system.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-09-2007 at 07:22 PM.