+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replacing Back of Iphone

is a discussion within the

Accessory Review

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey, the back of my iphone is all scratched and has a lot of marks on it and i want to take it off, thats the back silver part and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Replacing Back of Iphone
    hey,
    the back of my iphone is all scratched and has a lot of marks on it and i want to take it off, thats the back silver part and replace it with another colour. Anybody know of any websites where you can buy these?

Thanks

Thanks

i hear you on this one. The second day i had my phone i had on sweatpants and as i was getting in my car it slid out and i shut the door on it I almost had a heart attack i think but the only thing it did was put a small dent and some scratches on the back. The only thing i have really seen that is close to this was something from Nate True where he made all the silver parts gold but that was complicated. Sorry i couldnt help, hopefully someone will.

Thanks

best I would say is to try to buff it back out to a shine with some kind of rubbing compound/cloth. Be very careful seeing as electronics + cleaning agents = broken electronics...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Go to this site...
    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...ry_Code=IPHONE

Right now the part that you want is sold out but if you wait a little maybe it come to stock,they also sell the case opener and also they have a video that show you how to do all the process

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yemuel For This Useful Post:

niall tuohy (04-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can buy them on ebay for way less than $70.00. Like $35 just look up OEM Iphone Back, or something like that.

Let me say this is a pretty big task if you want to switch colors, because the colored ones (i have only found black so far) do not have the brackets mounted inside like the original one, so you have to take it all out and put it into the new one. It takes about 5 hours to do. If you replace it is not so bad.

My sig has a quick guide I made about it with some links. (The how to fix a broken ringer switch link)
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

niall tuohy (04-22-2008)