Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scratch

Default Scratch
    I'me new here, and I wanna ask how you would fix a scratch on your iPhone's screen.

I have been looking everywhere, and haven't found a definite answer.

I was thinking about using a polish, but I don't know whether or not that will impair the touch screen and/or cause the spot I poilished to look bad.

iKlear looks good, but I don't think it's actually a scratch removal fluid. iCleaner supposedly leaves hairline scratches (Bad)

It's only a small scratch on my screen, and I wanna know what stuff I should use to remove it.

The products you mentioned are meant for plastic surfaces and will have no effect on the iPhones scratch resistant glass screen. A resin may work but I've only known them to be used on larger areas of damage. Your best bet is a screen replacement.

Found it interesting that this banner ad was flashing above your post when I was reading it:

http://www.buyfixit.com/?cid=404515&...FQSOggodURXhPg

Not sure if it will work for u, but was funny it was there ..cheers!

Ok, I have some glass polish laying around in my garage (for cars...duh), called Auri.

I am guessing this won't do the trick either, seeing as how I tried it out on my psp, and it did nothing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hear Applesauce is very good and actually Brasso too, but I heard those recommended for the older iPods, I don't know how it would do on glass. Another thing to consider is this stuff they sell at gamestop called Disc Skip Fixer, It fills in the scratches on CDs, I've never tried it on anything else, but I understand it's really good on discs.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

The safest and IMO, best way for scratch fixing is using optical glass surface filler/scratch fixer.
    There are various brands out there and none have funky names as they are intended for "grownups".

I've used a product called "optics repair" on my RayBen's and they do work when you follow instructions.
    It was simple, apply paste, wait 2-5 mins, polish off.

Go to your local optics store. They should be able to help you out. Just make sure to tell them it's for glass surface as there are fillers for different materials out there.