Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Headset reviews (sort of)

Thanks
    Default Headset reviews (sort of)
    I've recently purchased a V-moda headset and I love it dearly. Before buying it, I had purchased a shure i2c-m headset from AT&T. The Shure was really nice but i didn't like the fact that it was so big in the ear and the wire was huge also. This made it hard to route the wire around stuff. plus, the ear piece was so big, even with the smallest plug, and it really hurt my ears. I could have stayed with the apple headset that come with my iphone but I wanted something would fit into my ears nicely.

My next step was to remove the ear buds from the apple headset and put new ones on, using the tutorial that editwizard posted (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989). I bought a cheap panasonic surround sound headset and put the ear buds on the apple headset. this actually worked well for what I wanted. i was set to go. I figured that I'd sell the shure headset and just use this new modded headset that I spent so little money on. But when I was recently in an apple store, I found a V-moda headset that was $99... high but still cheaper than the Shure set that I bought... it looked cool and so I figured I've get it... I bought it tried it and now I'm in love... The V-moda headset is amaizing... it fits PERFECTLY in my ear and the sound quality is awesome... it even had more bass than the shure set that i have. The wires are covered in a cloth material and just about everything is made of metal, making it very sturdy. it comes with extra ear pieces in case you have a bigger ear, and a bag type case. This headset is absolutely one of a kind.

The cost is bit high but the noise isolation is really good, plus the ear buds are very small and fits nicely in any ear. I highly recommend them to anyone.

if there is any question as to the size of the shure, check out the difference between the mic on the V-moda with the one on the shure. Huge difference.

V-moda Vibe Duo

Shure i2c-m

Apple Headset with Phillips Surround Sound ear buds

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Wow... those look good. I've been wondering if the Voda were gonna be good. You like them a ton, eh? Do they remain clear, and have a pretty good bass response as well?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    they are clear and the bass sounds great on it... I was shocked...

I think I read somewhere that the music functions (play/pause, advance track) don't work with the Voda's. Is that true?

Thanks
    I was told by the Apple sales rep that there was a button on the headset like the apple headset, where you can end and answer calls, but once I opened it, I wasn't able to find one. Didn't matter much to me since I will have the phone in my hand or right next to me anyhow when I'm using it. So I can just use the phone to answer the calls...

As I'm typing this, I am watching Shooter on my phone using the V-moda headset and I'm finding that the bass is even better than I had tested earlier... The movie audio quality is unbelievable. Feels like I'm in the movies.. just with a small screen ha

BUY THIS HEADSET ASAP...

do the v-moda earphones use up more battery than the regular iphone earphones?

Quote Originally Posted by muxi61 View Post
    they are clear and the bass sounds great on it... I was shocked...
    What type of music are you listening to? That can make all the difference in the world when it comes to sound quality.

Do you have the iPhone's EQ on or off?

I got the vmoda ones for free from aPple and I love them

props on the philips head phones!!! i did the same mod to mine and i love em!!!