Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bluetooth Review...

Thanks
    Default Apple Bluetooth Review...
    I just arrive back home after driving 3 hours to Birmingham, AL to purchase an Apple Bluetooth headset, and it was WELL worth it. I have a feeling that some may not like the fact that it doesn't seem as secure as other headsets but in my opinion, it feels great.

I am so happy to finally have one... now i just can't wait until I get it charged up enough to test it out. My first reaction is "wow". This thing is compact, very very light, and the double cradle that comes with it is soo cool... I did have enough juice on the thing to check my voicemail for about 30 seconds before it shut off on me and the sound quality was pretty good. Haven't called anyone with it yet... but I'll be sure to post my thoughts on that later.
    I have to say.. this is well worth the money. I had a Jawbone before and I'm going to end up selling it. (So if anyone's interested )

I'll post some pics later.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Awesome.. looking forward to a full review!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

you are so lucky. Everytime I call the apple store, they are sold out. But yesterday- they told me they only got 3 of them in. WTF? Hurry- with the full review! I'm dying to find out how it compares to the jawbone- (which i returned a few days ago). Please be as critical as possible.

Oh yea- a few more questions... how does it fit in your ear? does it have different size attachments? Does it come with an optional hook to attach to your ear? please explain that too. You are the only person online that I've found that has left any kind of review, even though yours is at this moment premature. I can't wait to hear your full thorough review. I appreciate it! Thanks!
    Last edited by f00fighters; 07-24-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Default My review with pics...
    So I finally got a chance to test this thing out and to take some pictures of it.
    I've been waiting for this thing to come out just as long as the phone itself and I can assure you that I was not disappointed. I honestly don't think that there will ever be a perfect wireless headset but this comes close... at least in my books.

My initial thought when opening it was the cool packaging that Apple is known for. The box basically came in about the same size and shape as the iPhone itself.

After charging it for only about 30 minutes, I was able to test it out with a couple of calls. First off, the ear piece is basically shaped like the ear buds on the wired heaset that came with the headset (apples original ipod/iphone headset). I was really wondering how it was going to stay put in my ear since it didn't have an ear loop, nor did it stick into the ear canal securely. On the original wired headset, the ear buds are arched in a way that they sort or hook on the ear. This bluetooth fits the same in the ear and it stays put because the thing is so light.

somehow i was able to get my wife to model the headset. she looks a hell of alot better wearing it than me.

Answering calls and ending calls is done with the touch of the one button that is available on the back end of the headset. Click once to answer, click once to end. You can also check to see if the thing is on by pressing the button. Once pressed you can hear a short tone and you can see the green ambient light blink once. This says that it's on. Hold down the button to turn it on/off.

The sound quality was pretty much about the same as any other bluetooth headset. There is no noise cancellation, reduction or isolation like the Jawbone, but I found that the sound was decent enough that I don't really even care too much about that feature. The few people that I called and spoke with while using the headset said that my voice was clear. I didn't test this by rolling down the window or turning up the radio but the A/C was on ... like I said before, there no noice cancellation, so if the window was down, I'm sure they wouldn't have heard me. You'll find that on just about any other bluetooth except the Jawbone.

This bluetooth comes with two different charging options. One is the dual charging dock and the other is a traveling type charging cord. It is the coolest thing to be able to see my phone and my bluetooth headset standing side by side charging at the same time. I don't have a clue why it's so fascinating but it just is. Once you plug the dual dock into your computer, and then plug in the phone and headset, they will automatically pair up by themselves. you don't have to do anything but plug them in. Also, as they are plugged in, you can see the charging battery level for the iphone and the bluetooth both on the iphone screen.

I don't really know what else to say other than it's the coolest headset that I've ever owned... and as you can see below, I still have two of the other bluetooth headsets out of the 5 that I've bought previously, and they don't compare to the size and or comfort. The Jawbone has amazing sound quality, but it just doesn't fit good on my ear. The Motorola below was nice b/c it folded up so that i could put it in my pocket, but the sound sucked horribly. And not pictured below is the Motorola H9, and even though it was small, the battery life sucked and in order for it to stay in your ear, you had to dig it deep into your ear canal. i hated that.

My final thoughts on the Apple Bluetooth Headset.... BUY IT!! It is well worth the money. If you have any questions about it, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

On a side note, I do alot of traveling and with the traveling comes the constant toting around of chargers for my camera, my phone, my bluetooth, and then the car chargers for each of those. With my recent of purchase of two products, I have basically taken my load down to one charger and one wire for charging both my iphone and my bluetooth in the car or in the hotel room on a wall plug. The travel charger that came with the apple bluetooth will charge both the phone and headset... there's one wire now... then i purchased a dual charger from Naztech (model N300 http://naztech.com/products.php?id_prod=46). This has a wall charger and car charger built into one, plus it uses USB connections so I can plug my new apple cord into it. I love simplicity and this has really made my day. I can't stand not to be organized and this just makes it that much simpler.

There are no attachments that come with the headset, nor are there any other sizes for the ear piece. But I don't think it would matter too much, b/c this one fits much like the wired headset that came with the phone.
    Last edited by muxi61; 07-24-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muxi61 For This Useful Post:

martymca (02-26-2011), spyhunter39 (12-04-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

GREAT review... you really making me wanna buy one, now...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

hey im from birmingham!! except it only takes me about 10 min max to get to the summit apple store haha

i really want that headset... maybe someday ill put down that money

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Portdogmc View Post
    hey im from birmingham!! except it only takes me about 10 min max to get to the summit apple store haha

i really want that headset... maybe someday ill put down that money
    ha... yeah... I live in Phenix City, AL... it's just across the river from Columbus, GA... Atlanta is closer to me but they were sold out at all the stores that I checked... The apple store at the Summit was the only one that I found that had one... and by the time I got there around noon, they had already sold all but one... I almost got upset b/c they couldn't find it the first time they looked... lol...

I got lucky I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by muxi61 View Post
    I just arrive back home after driving 3 hours to Birmingham, AL to purchase an Apple Bluetooth headset, and it was WELL worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by muxi61 View Post
    I am so happy to finally have one... now i just can't wait until I get it charged up enough to test it out.
    So, would you prefer the Apple Headset over the Jawbone? I am more concerned about wind noise than anything else. That is why I have shied away from bluetooth headsets.
    Last edited by socal77; 07-27-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks
    yes... I am actually getting rid of my jawbone... Mainly because of size and comfort... The jawbone is just huge on the side of my face..

I've used the apple with my window down and it sounded ok on both ends... The jawbone definitely cut that noise level down but like I said, it's huge.

I have, though, noticed that the apple is a little louder than my motorola bluetooth.

I finally got one! However, there is a faint hissing sound that I've noticed. But it's nice and loud which has always been a problem for me with other headsets. The volume is perfect. But it doesn't fit that well in my ear. I get it in there, and then after a while it just falls out. If I was walking outdoors and it was windy, I have a feeling the headset might fly off. Overall, muxi is right, all the other features combined out weigh the sound quality. It passed the cost-benefit analysis for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    I finally got one! However, there is a faint hissing sound that I've noticed. But it's nice and loud which has always been a problem for me with other headsets. The volume is perfect. But it doesn't fit that well in my ear. I get it in there, and then after a while it just falls out. If I was walking outdoors and it was windy, I have a feeling the headset might fly off. Overall, muxi is right, all the other features combined out weigh the sound quality. It passed the cost-benefit analysis for me.
    SWEET! Glad you were able to get one.

I guess I should also say that I have small ears so it fits nicely in mine.
    Make sure that it is angle correctly and you shouldn't have a problem with it falling out... at least that's what I've found...

The hiss must have been a connection or something b/c I haven't heard that noise on mine... Mine's clear.. and loud too..