Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: invisible shield problem.

Unhappy invisible shield problem.
    so i installed an invisble shield...it seems to be fine...no scratches and what not....EXCEPT...i noticed every since i put that thing on...this message saying "the iphone is not compatible with this accessory...would you like to turn on airplane mode"...it keeps popping up. what the heck is that??? and it never happened before until i put on that shield thing. help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Invisible Shield
    That message usually pops up when using an iPod designated accessory, usually pre-iPhone, such as a sound dock or FM Transmitter. I really see no way an invisible shield could cause this, as it does not interface with the iPhone. I would imagine if it is happening with no accessories plugged in, there may be a glitch. I would try restoring, and if that doesn't solve it might need to check with Apple Support to see if you have a hardware issue.

Excessive water entering the phone may have caused the issue... but thats just a guess. I suggest removing the film and taking it to the apple store.

well...i took off the front portion...and the message stopped appearing...anyhow...is it a good idea to bring it to an apple store consider my iphone is unlocked? ;

that sucks its unlocked they won't take it back.
    Sell it on ebay and buy a new 1

It would be that when you squegeed on the front shield you might have pressed too hard on the screen? I don't know...
    I haven't had any problems with the shield and my iPhone. It could be a defective problem...