+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REQ]Someone Please Make a Lock.app

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
make it make it make it make it! now now now nwow nwow nwwow rifht now and release it on installer right now right now
    iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

make it make it make it make it! now now now nwow nwow nwwow rifht now and release it on installer right now right now

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default there is
    theres an app called HidePod and it hides an app so u cant open it and if u want to use the app u just type in the code and you will be sent to a page of your apps you can hide as many apps as u want you can also hide movies

Thank me please
    Last edited by josh900; 04-08-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: tank me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josh900 View Post
    theres an app called HidePod and it hides an app so u cant open it and if u want to use the app u just type in the code and you will be sent to a page of your apps you can hide as many apps as u want you can also hide movies

Thank me please
    I just did a search on the forums for that app and I dont see anyone having any luck with it working...every post says they can only hide videos and most people saying that doesnt even work without corrupting the files.

Jayman11

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive been wanting this since day 1

Thanks

u can use a basic shell script that just moves the database... i have the code its not a pretty gui but it gets the job done in one click

hides call history, hides txt and even disables the sms app
    Last edited by mkurasz; 04-09-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah that would be great, If i knew how i would do it but sadly i dont so please can someone try to do it?

Thanks

its simple make a shell script (.sh)

mv /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info.plist /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info1.plist
    mv /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db1

then when u want ur txts and call history back

mv /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info1.plist /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info.plist
    mv /var/root/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db1 /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db

make an info.plist, put a .png file and icon
    chmod 0755

Presto.
    Last edited by mkurasz; 04-09-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default the hidepod works fine for me
    the hidepod works fine for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Although im not a iphone dev, i couldnt see anyreason as to why it would be so hard to make.

All you would really need to do would be to add password support to Categories, because you cant actually put a password on the app itself (without hacking the program itself which im pretty sure you cant do), so you could just make a dummy app that asks for the password, and if accepted it then launches the sms app or what ever.

Of course, you could bypass this whole thing by launching the program from terminal...

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkurasz View Post
    its simple make a shell script (.sh)

mv /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info.plist /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info1.plist
    mv /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db1

then when u want ur txts and call history back

mv /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info1.plist /Applications/MobileSMS.app/Info.plist
    mv /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db1 /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db

make an info.plist, put a .png file and icon
    chmod 0755

Presto.
    So you kinda make it into an app?

Well I was wondering if you could also make it so you need a pass to run it and all you do is select what you want to hide (pics, sms, call history, maybe vids...) and then to hide it just renames the main files, resprings and when they launch the apps the lists are empty, hence PRIVACY!

I only BASICALLY know how to use jiggy... Think I'll be able to write the app in that?

Quote Originally Posted by joshhunt View Post
    Although im not a iphone dev, i couldnt see anyreason as to why it would be so hard to make.

All you would really need to do would be to add password support to Categories, because you cant actually put a password on the app itself (without hacking the program itself which im pretty sure you cant do), so you could just make a dummy app that asks for the password, and if accepted it then launches the sms app or what ever.

Of course, you could bypass this whole thing by launching the program from terminal...
    Not if the .db files are just hidden...
    Last edited by MattMac; 04-10-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

the problem with using hidepod and such is when u get a sms popup and u pick view it'll load the sms app even if its hidden or u could go to contacts and choose text message and itll load up sms.app... theres an app calles psyl (google it) it works pretty good so u can hide txt and calls... the problem with passwording ur app is it raises suspicion, especially if your messing with multiple girls. theres always the girl thatll call u out on y its passworded or whatever. Psyl removes entrys from the database and prevents it from popping up on ur springboard, moves it to its own database and is password protected.

http://code.google.com/p/pysl/
    Last edited by mkurasz; 04-10-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

count me too

Thanks

For those who want a quick lock, here is a work around.

Download and install XLaunch and ReSpring (the one NOT by BigBoss). (Poof too so you can look cool ) Now set a passcode for like 4 hours or whatever. It will not ask for the passcode until 4 hours of inactivity. Now use XLaunch to assign respring to the double tap home key function. Hide respring and poof, (you can access both via XLaunch).

So now the only icon that has been added to the home screen is XLaunch. Test out the respring app, it takes <10 seconds to kick out to the passcode screen.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

sounds interesting, but just one do it all app would be better
    Apple iPhone 3Gs: redsn0w 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem FW: 5.13.04 Unlocked: Ultrasn0w
    Preferred Apps: Cydia, Winterboard, 1nstall0us, Orbit, and SBSettings
    Don't Start None, Won't Be None. Get On... Before Ya Get Spit On

iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

yesa fa sho

Thanks

Yeah, but it is sooo easy. Did anyone take the 5 minutes it takes to try this out?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Yeah, but it is sooo easy. Did anyone take the 5 minutes it takes to try this out?
    But dude, this locks the phone completely. If someone wants a look then they can't seem much more than slide to unlock and the password screen...
    And if they continually guess the wrong pass than you get locked out of your phone for 1, 5, 15 etc. mins...

It would be better to have something that just didn't allow access to programs unless you use the correct pass...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think a developer is working on it. i'm pretty sure i saw a thread on it over at HoFo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah baby !! This is a must!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have been waiting and looking for an app to lock individual app's, appreciated if someone would make one