+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper changer for iPhone

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi all Total noob here - just installed the SDK and I'm going to take a look. I've seen at least half a dozen posts here requesting an app that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Wallpaper changer for iPhone
    Hi all
    Total noob here - just installed the SDK and I'm going to take a look.
    I've seen at least half a dozen posts here requesting an app that will automatically change your iPhone's wallpaper at specified intervals, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I have almost no coding experience except for some applescripting and html/css/java, so wish me luck. I could use a hand, so if anyone has ideas on how to get it done, please chime in!
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 03-31-2008 at 12:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to help out with this, but I don't know anything about coding. I know PhotoShop, thats it lol. But anyways, another feature that should come with this app is the ability to change/set the wallpaper directory. Or add that to the app "rWallpaper"
    Shut up troll.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this is not possible with the SDK as far as I know.
    you would have to access the wallpaper-imagefile and since a SDK app can only operate in its own directory thats not possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, it's obvious that I'm in over my head here. knowing nothing about how to get this done, I was thinking (hoping!) that there must be a line in a plist file that specifies a path to the current wallpaper, and that file could simply be written to with a new path at specified intervals, but....

As I get free time, I'm going to start reading the SDK tutorials to try and get a better understanding of developing code.

Maybe once I get into school and learn some of the coding language and structure. I wouldn't think this is a difficult thing to accomplish (for someone who's familiar with coding!) Anyone want to step up?
    Last edited by iwasnevy; 04-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What i find completely insane is: It's been over a year since this was started, there is existing code "rwallpaper" and no one has seen fit to write an app that "clearly" enhances the look of an iphone and it's one of the simpler apps to make.

All they need to do is construct an app that reads from a set director, has a randomizer, and a timer for it. I can live without transition effect or anything overblown but this is an app that phone with FAR inferior capabilities have had for YEARS.

The PPC type phones just stomp the iPhone in this particular category. I used to own several and this is one of the few regrets i have for getting an iphone, they just don't have this one, simple app.

I'm not really a coder but it can't be THAT hard.